Broadstreet Hockey (New Rosters) LEAGUE GLITCHED. REBOOTING.

Maccer

Bring back Pat!!
Mar 10, 2013
Leafs Nation
I am just going to post this here since I don't have the patience to sit around and send a pm to one user every 60 seconds, not to mention the one to NYR couldn't even go through.

:sabres available

Tonight until 8 EST
Tuesday and Wednesday can get games in from 5-10 maybe 11est

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
I am just going to post this here since I don't have the patience to sit around and send a pm to one user every 60 seconds, not to mention the one to NYR couldn't even go through.

:sabres available

Tonight until 8 EST
Tuesday and Wednesday can get games in from 5-10 maybe 11est

...that's not the way the league works. :laugh:

Just copy and paste a message to the 4-7 guys you play this block. It takes less than 10 minutes, and pretty much guarantees that you get the game in. If they don't respond, you can play their CPU at the end of the block. Posting in here does nothing if the person doesn't scroll back through the thread.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
It'd be nice to have the courtesy of msging me back Detroit when I ask u if u want to play and ur on NHL instead of never respondingeven after an hour and ur still on now. But now it's on u to come to me when I'm free since I msged u my availability since u won't play now. If u don't want to I'm happy to play ur CPU on the last day before the sim

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Guys, remember the goal is to have fun. Consistent cheese play isn't allowed. AT all. I've had complaints against a few users.

Forehand backhand - is cheese. Whether you believe it or not. It's cheese. It's not permitted in any way shape or form.

CPU must be enabled. No exceptions.

Eggywags

A good Canadian kid
Oct 23, 2013
Toronto, ON
Guys, remember the goal is to have fun. Consistent cheese play isn't allowed. AT all. I've had complaints against a few users.

Forehand backhand - is cheese. Whether you believe it or not. It's cheese. It's not permitted in any way shape or form.

CPU must be enabled. No exceptions.

So if i happen to get a rebound of a shot i should just not shoot it? I know Philly refuses to play me, as i had 3 goals like that... I'm obviously trying to snipe it but happen to get the rebound, thats just solid hockey crashing the net

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
So if i happen to get a rebound of a shot i should just not shoot it? I know Philly refuses to play me, as i had 3 goals like that... I'm obviously trying to snipe it but happen to get the rebound, thats just solid hockey crashing the net

1) try something else. It wasn' that you happened to get a rebound--you were doing flop shots far side to get the auto-rebound. Its cheezy. Legitimate rebounds are fine. Abusing the fact that shots from the boards come out perfectly flat on the opposite side most of the time is not.

2) Don't do it on the pk, particularly not when you take 5 tripping penalties in roughly 30 minutes of gameplay. Dump the puck once in a while, particularly if you are winning.

3) if you are going to do it, and going to do it on the PK, at least pretend not to be proud of yourself for it. "They all count the same on paper [the scoresheet]."

:facepalm:

I'll play our game. I don't really care. I know that some place a great deal of importance on getting the W, regardless of how badly you have to abuse the game to get there.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina

You've had about 5 complaints against you.

So needless to say, you're on extreme thin ice.

You haven't even messaged me for our game.

There's a 6th complaint.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
And he hasn't enabled his CPU, but whatever.

To be fair I think half the league hasn't! I have 7 games this week and only one person has their CPU enabled. This seems to be the case every sched set which is why unless I see the person online xbl it don't bother msging them as I wouldn't be able to play their CPU even if I was allowed.

Detroit Toronto Anaheim San Jose Washington Los Angeles all don't have their CPU enabled. Phoenix is the only one who did. I disabled mine as I don't see why I should give them the chance to play my CPU when I can't play theirs. Especially when people like Detroit who are clearly online for over 3 hours can't even respond to multiple messages asking to play or when to play and can't have the coon courtesy to even respond once.

Tupelo

Come On You Spurs
Nov 28, 2007
St. Louis
To be fair I think half the league hasn't! I have 7 games this week and only one person has their CPU enabled. This seems to be the case every sched set which is why unless I see the person online xbl it don't bother msging them as I wouldn't be able to play their CPU even if I was allowed.

Detroit Toronto Anaheim San Jose Washington Los Angeles all don't have their CPU enabled. Phoenix is the only one who did. I disabled mine as I don't see why I should give them the chance to play my CPU when I can't play theirs. Especially when people like Detroit who are clearly online for over 3 hours can't even respond to multiple messages asking to play or when to play and can't have the coon courtesy to even respond once.
Ever thought that some1 else may be using his xbox?

Eggywags

A good Canadian kid
Oct 23, 2013
Toronto, ON
You've had about 5 complaints against you.

So needless to say, you're on extreme thin ice.

You haven't even messaged me for our game.

There's a 6th complaint.

LOL just cause i played better hockey? and i havnt seen you online yet so i havnt messaged you... its not like you messaged me either so dont throw me under the bus, and like what ched brosky said, i havnt seen anyone else enable their CPU, and im confident every week ill play the people on my schedule

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
LOL just cause i played better hockey? and i havnt seen you online yet so i havnt messaged you... its not like you messaged me either so dont throw me under the bus, and like what ched brosky said, i havnt seen anyone else enable their CPU, and im confident every week ill play the people on my schedule

I don't think anyone thinks you play better hockey, :laugh:

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas

It is this sort of logic that eventually leads to everyone disabling their CPUs.

Enable yours, and if someone plays it that shouldn't, they will be dealt with.

Eggywags

A good Canadian kid
Oct 23, 2013
Toronto, ON
1) try something else. It wasn' that you happened to get a rebound--you were doing flop shots far side to get the auto-rebound. Its cheezy. Legitimate rebounds are fine. Abusing the fact that shots from the boards come out perfectly flat on the opposite side most of the time is not.

2) Don't do it on the pk, particularly not when you take 5 tripping penalties in roughly 30 minutes of gameplay. Dump the puck once in a while, particularly if you are winning.

3) if you are going to do it, and going to do it on the PK, at least pretend not to be proud of yourself for it. "They all count the same on paper [the scoresheet]."

:facepalm:

I'll play our game. I don't really care. I know that some place a great deal of importance on getting the W, regardless of how badly you have to abuse the game to get there.

whatever man! your horrible at defence so im gonna rush with the puck on the PK, im not going to play to what you think i "should" do, if i see an opportunitly ill take it, you still had a chance, but your a sore loser i had MANY quality chances, and i happened to score a rebound off a quality shot, your telling me your not going to take that shot? im sure if the table was turned you would think the goals were fine... i cant even believe im arguing about this cause its just a game i just cant belive how many complaints i got... i wouldnt get any complaints if i was losing!

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
whatever man! your horrible at defence so im gonna rush with the puck on the PK, im not going to play to what you think i "should" do, if i see an opportunitly ill take it, you still had a chance, but your a sore loser i had MANY quality chances, and i happened to score a rebound off a quality shot, your telling me your not going to take that shot? im sure if the table was turned you would think the goals were fine... i cant even believe im arguing about this cause its just a game i just cant belive how many complaints i got... i wouldnt get any complaints if i was losing!

You scored twice on rebounds off of backhanders from the boards... :laugh:

You had five tripping minors in 1+ period. That's pretty sad. You then did nothing but attack on the PK. That's worse. We both know it was just one of those games for me--Emery let in 4 very soft goals. Them's the breaks.

I just don't think your cut out for GMC. People play this mode because they prefer to play a more realistic style. If they just want a cheesefest, they will play online versus. The tables wouldn't be turned, because I don't play that way. Ask pretty much anyone in one of these active leagues. As far as your 'its just a game' thing, its cute, but that's not how you play, or how you comport yourself.

I think you'll find that, if you play the right way, you won't get complaints--win, lose, or draw.

lol try scoring a goal once, then you can rank people

I scored two. On myself. :laugh:

I thought it might help you realize that you didn't need to cheese to win. But the lesson didn't take, apparently.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
lol try scoring a goal once, then you can rank people

lol, this guy...

jLeFhyv.gif

Eggywags

A good Canadian kid
Oct 23, 2013
Toronto, ON
You scored twice on rebounds off of backhanders from the boards... :laugh:

You had five tripping minors in 1+ period. That's pretty sad. You then did nothing but attack on the PK. That's worse. We both know it was just one of those games for me--Emery let in 4 very soft goals. Them's the breaks.

I just don't think your cut out for GMC. People play this mode because they prefer to play a more realistic style. If they just want a cheesefest, they will play online versus. The tables wouldn't be turned, because I don't play that way. Ask pretty much anyone in one of these active leagues. As far as your 'its just a game' thing, its cute, but that's not how you play, or how you comport yourself.

I think you'll find that, if you play the right way, you won't get complaints--win, lose, or draw.

I scored two. On myself. :laugh:

I thought it might help you realize that you didn't need to cheese to win. But the lesson didn't take, apparently.

its not my fault you broke down and decided to pull your goalie, i play realistic hockey, why dont you watch some highlights and see how most goals are scored, ive lost 4 game in regulation and 3 in overtime, am i suppose to ***** and complain like you everytime i get a loss?

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
You started 0-4-3 and then beat me, I thought you got lucky. I guess some people just can't beat you? Idk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad