Broadstreet Hockey (New Rosters) LEAGUE GLITCHED. REBOOTING.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
To be fair, I think some of your trades killed your depth, right?

But as long as you have fewer than 50 contracts, you should be able to sign a FA.

One did but I had the depth to do it cuz I was going to move Hansen up a line

I had:
Sedins burrows
Booth Kesler Higgins
Hansen santorelli kassian
Sestito Richardson weise

After trading 2 wingers for an elite winger I planned on doing

Sedins Hansen
Marleau Kesler booth
Santorelli Connolly kassian
Sestito Richardson weise

With booth gone I have:

Sedins hansen
Marleau Kesler kassian
Sestito conolly santorelli
Mclaren Richardson weise

I traded mclaren because I figured booth would be back next sim so now dalpe is there

I have a roster spot free but the commish doesn't allow 1 yr deals. I think it would be fair to make an exception this time right?

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
One did but I had the depth to do it cuz I was going to move Hansen up a line

I had:
Sedins burrows
Booth Kesler Higgins
Hansen santorelli kassian
Sestito Richardson weise

After trading 2 wingers for an elite winger I planned on doing

Sedins Hansen
Marleau Kesler booth
Santorelli Connolly kassian
Sestito Richardson weise

With booth gone I have:

Sedins hansen
Marleau Kesler kassian
Sestito conolly santorelli
Mclaren Richardson weise

I traded mclaren because I figured booth would be back next sim so now dalpe is there

I have a roster spot free but the commish doesn't allow 1 yr deals. I think it would be fair to make an exception this time right?

As much as I dislike how much you are trading, I would have to agree with you and say that you should be allowed to sign ONE player for a one year deal. It sucks losing a player to EA's glitches.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
I assumed that the rule only applied to free agency, or at least to players over a certain OV. No reason that depth players shouldn't be able to be signed short-term, IMO.

But I'd wait for SnS to clarify.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
As much as I dislike how much you are trading, I would have to agree with you and say that you should be allowed to sign ONE player for a one year deal. It sucks losing a player to EA's glitches.

Well I've only made 2 major deals 1 that sent burrows and Higgins for marleau and mueller and a 1st and one that sent hamhuis for hejda and Barrie and a 1st. The 2 other deals I made didn't involve guys that wouldn't ever play or would only play when I have injuries

Last edited:

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Wait..really?

Yeah, he's got some 'splainin to do.

Already msged the commish giving my reason why. If u only scored one or 2 glitch goals i would be fine with it. Hell after 4 I was like okay 1 was cross crease and 2 were the worst habit everyone has (forehand backhand forehand). I can't blame u for that but was going to msg u saying u should try to not use them every chance u get. Not after 7. After the backhand from the boards rebound glitch for ur 6th glitch/cheese goal i had already decided I would quit. Anyone that's played me knows I'm fine if u do one or 2 glitch/cheese goals if it's the forehand backhand forehand or shortside wrister as if ur wide open for it I say go for as I did to Anaheim. It's a habit players have and sometimes when that play is wide open even I do it once or twice a game.

The commish knows this too. I accidentally did the forehand backhand forehand breakaway at the start of our game without thinking as it's a habit for everyone. I could have won the game doing the same move on a breakaway but I realized I was doing it and never shot the puck instead went by the net and cycled the puck and later ended up scoring a fluke goal crashing the net

Psyfer

Mar 1, 2008
Toronto
Already msged the commish giving my reason why. If u only scored one or 2 glitch goals is before with it. Not 7. After the backhand from the boards rebound glitch for ur 6th glitch/cheese goal i had already decided I would quit. Anyone that's played me knows I'm fine if u do one or 2 glitch/cheese goals if it's the forehand backhand forehand or shortside wrister as if ur wide open for it I say go for as I did to Anaheim. It's a habit players have and sometimes when that play is wide open even I do it once or twice a game.

The commish knows this too. I accidentally did the forehand backhand forehand breakaway at the start of our game without thinking as it's a habit for everyone. I could have won the game doing the same move on a breakaway but I realized I was doing it and never shot the puck instead went by the net and cycled the puck and later ended up scoring a fluke goal crashing the net

You still dont rage quit with 2 seconds left in the game regardless of the reason.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Already msged the commish giving my reason why. If u only scored one or 2 glitch goals i would be fine with it. Hell after 4 I was like okay 1 was cross crease and 2 were the worst habit everyone has (forehand backhand forehand). I can't blame u for that but was going to msg u saying u should try to not use them every chance u get. Not after 7. After the backhand from the boards rebound glitch for ur 6th glitch/cheese goal i had already decided I would quit. Anyone that's played me knows I'm fine if u do one or 2 glitch/cheese goals if it's the forehand backhand forehand or shortside wrister as if ur wide open for it I say go for as I did to Anaheim. It's a habit players have and sometimes when that play is wide open even I do it once or twice a game.

Rage quiting is a far greater sin.

Its pretty much an auto-boot.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
You still dont rage quit with 2 seconds left in the game regardless of the reason.

I'm sorry but I'm not handing someone who uses every cheese/glitch goal in the game and then proceeds to run up the score using them a free win.

If he didn't run up the score doing it and use every one I would have let him have the win and would have just msged him telling him he should try other plays as he is going to get a lot of complaints.

Running up the score entirely from glitch goals I will not stand for. If that means I get kicked from the league so be it. What's to stop others from doing it if the person that's punished is the one that takes a stand for it instead of the one doing it? And if neither goes punished as it seems the case would be with all the complaints nj had then that's still not going to stop it. I mean look at all the complaints against nj and hes still around. He may have cleaned up his style idk but after all those complaints if nothing happened why would he stop? Only way it stops is if either the commish steps in or u don't allow it urself

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
I'm sorry but I'm not handing someone who uses every cheese/glitch goal in the game and then proceeds to run up the score using them a free win.

If he didn't run up the score doing it and use every one I would have let him have the win and would have just msged him telling him he should try other plays as he is going to get a lot of complaints.

Running up the score entirely from glitch goals I will not stand for. If that means I get kicked from the league so be it. What's to stop others from doing it if the person that's punished is the one that takes a stand for it instead of the one doing it? And if neither goes punished as it seems the case would be with all the complaints nj had then that's still not going to stop it. I mean look at all the complaints against nj and hes still around. He may have cleaned up his style idk but after all those complaints if nothing happened why would he stop? Only way it stops is if either the commish steps in or u don't allow it urself

Here's the thing, you admitted above that you do some of the same moves. In this case, you seem annoyed that his cheese worked better than yours. You were free to file a complaint after the game (and I don't think he should have gone for the 6th goal with 3 seconds left--its sort of lame), but you weren't free to quit.

EDIT: Yeah, what you did wasn't admirable. You report the player and let others deal with it. If you had scored 3 cheezy goals and stopped there, and another user quit because all of your goals were cheezy, would you feel that justified?

xVx Santillo

Oct 31, 2012
I just saw that a trade was accepted in game with WPG, I did not write up that trade here nor confirmed it so please commish do not allow it to go through

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Here's the thing, you admitted above that you do some of the same moves. In this case, you seem annoyed that his cheese worked better than yours. You were free to file a complaint after the game (and I don't think he should have gone for the 6th goal with 3 seconds left--its sort of lame), but you weren't free to quit.

EDIT: Yeah, what you did wasn't admirable. You report the player and let others deal with it. If you had scored 3 cheezy goals and stopped there, and another user quit because all of your goals were cheezy, would you feel that justified?

I don't try to do glitches. But sometimes I forget I'm doing one (the forehand backhand forehand on a breakway is the only one that's a habit for me) and I'm sure others forget too as we are all humans. What bothers me is all he tried were glitches and he ran up the score doing it. If he was trying to play and the glitches were wide open as the cross creases and the breakaways were I wouldn't have minded and wouldn't have even msged him complaining. But the shortside wrister while there's a defender on him for the 3rd goal and the shot from boards rebound glitch when the game is already 5-1 in the 3rd is just un-necessary.

I also think it's fine to do the shortside wrister if ur WIDE open in the slot with a good player as they would normally shoot the same shot and probably score but only once.

I also don't see why quitting is worse than being glitched against like this. I don't have a history of quitting games or complaining about other users glitching so it's not like I do this often or feel like everyone glitches. I also have no complaints against how I play the game as far as I know.

So why is it worse for someone with no history to quit a game like that. That would just tell other players they should go for glitches all game long as there are no consequences against doing so.

Say I never quit and lost and complained. Would anything happen seeing how when I went through the thread quickly there were 6/7 complaints against nj and nothing came of it? If nothing happens whats to stop me from glitching other players seeing how there's no punishments for it and they can't quit games either?

Now I'm not saying I would glitch other users as I play gmc to get away from the glitch fest that online gaming is filled with. That's why I'm fine with a couple a game or if they were real plays that were wide open. Or the breakaway cheese as it's a habit for most people and even I do it sometimes as I don't think before doing it.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
I don't try to do glitches. But sometimes I forget I'm doing one (the forehand backhand forehand on a breakway is the only one that's a habit for me) and I'm sure others forget too as we are all humans. What bothers me is all he tried were glitches and he ran up the score doing it. If he was trying to play and the glitches were wide open as the cross creases and the breakaways were I wouldn't have minded and wouldn't have even msged him complaining. But the shortside wrister while there's a defender on him for the 3rd goal and the shot from boards rebound glitch when the game is already 5-1 in the 3rd is just un-necessary.

I also think it's fine to do the shortside wrister if ur WIDE open in the slot with a good player as they would normally shoot the same shot and probably score but only once.

I also don't see why quitting is worse than being glitched against like this. I don't have a history of quitting games or complaining about other users glitching so it's not like I do this often or feel like everyone glitches. I also have no complaints against how I play the game as far as I know.

So why is it worse for someone with no history to quit a game like that. That would just tell other players they should go for glitches all game long as there are no consequences against doing so.

Say I never quit and lost and complained. Would anything happen seeing how when I went through the thread quickly there were 6/7 complaints against nj and nothing came of it? If nothing happens whats to stop me from glitching other players seeing how there's no punishments for it and they can't quit games either?

Now I'm not saying I would glitch other users as I play gmc to get away from the glitch fest that online gaming is filled with. That's why I'm fine with a couple a game or if they were real plays that were wide open. Or the breakaway cheese as it's a habit for most people and even I do it sometimes as I don't think before doing it.

Because, right now, its your word against his for the goals. If others have complained about the user, then he'll have a problem--but only SnS knows that.

You don't have a history of quitting because no one in GMC does. Its an auto-boot in every league I've ever been in. You can feel free to put the controller down and walk away (in my book--others may disagree), but you can't quit and expect to stay in the league.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Because, right now, its your word against his for the goals. If others have complained about the user, then he'll have a problem--but only SnS knows that.

You don't have a history of quitting because no one in GMC does. Its an auto-boot in every league I've ever been in. You can feel free to put the controller down and walk away (in my book--others may disagree), but you can't quit and expect to stay in the league.

Yea I never thought of it that way and ur completely right. Next time I'll stay so there won't be a problem against me and i can even record the goals in question for proof that way it's not a he said she said thing if I feel like there are numerous glitch goals scored on me in a game

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Advanced.

Next sim will be on Sunday afternoon[11/10] - because I work til 3am or so Saturday night/Sunday morning whichever you want to consider it.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Running up the score in any way is a little lame anyways, and that's all I will say. What was the final score?

7-1 I stopped playing d after 6-1 cuz if I took 1 glitch away it would just open up another one. If I covered boards it left the slot open then if I take the slot it leaves a back door play or if I miss the poke he goes around and has a mini breakaway

Idc if u run up the score on me as long as u aren't using glitches to do it like to make it 3-0 I was a bit upset he did the shortside shot with me right infront of him trying to poke it away. Then to make it 5-1 I was a little more upset about doing forehand backhand forehand for the 2nd time.

The thing that really upset me is to make it 6-1 he had to do the boards rebound glitch. I mean it's 5-1 in the 3rd. U really have to use another glitch to run up the score more? If it's a legit goal where I got out worked then I only have myself to blame or if I backed off leaving him wide open its my own fault and I can learn from it and become a better defender. But there's nothing u can really do except stay near the puck carrier and try to poke the puck away or deflect the shot/pass

Last edited:

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
7-1 I stopped playing d after 6-1 cuz if I took 1 glitch away it would just open up another one. If I covered boards it left the slot open then if I take the slot it leaves a back door play or if I miss the poke he goes around and has a mini breakaway

Idc if u run up the score on me as long as u aren't using glitches to do it like to make it 3-0 I was a bit upset he did the shortside shot with me right infront of him trying to poke it away. Then to make it 5-1 I was a little more upset about doing forehand backhand forehand for the 2nd time.

The thing that really upset me is to make it 6-1 he had to do the boards rebound glitch. I mean it's 5-1 in the 3rd. U really have to use another glitch to run up the score more? If it's a legit goal where I got out worked then I only have myself to blame or if I backed off leaving him wide open its my own fault and I can learn from it and become a better defender. But there's nothing u can really do except stay near the puck carrier and try to poke the puck away or deflect the shot/pass
This is where i get a bit confused. That doesn't really sound like glitchy play--it sounds like defense in NHL14, which is absurdly difficult unless you are good at timing big hits.

I do think it was bad sportsmanship to run up the score, particularly if he was still using his 1st or 2nd lines.

It sound like SnS has quite a few things to address in this game. This is when I don't miss being a commissioner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad