Bring on the Knights

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yeah it's definitely a result of the American lifestyle. People are too busy working to prepare healthy meals, it's so much easier (and usually cheaper) to just get fast food.

I've screwed up some of my tooth enamel from overbrushing due to O.C.D.

We have some pretty good meal prep services that will beat your standard restaurant fare and that are as close to home food that you can get, if you’re one of those people who can’t or won’t take the time to make a healthy dish at home.

From experience, it’s also a matter of re-educating your palate since old habits need to be replaced by new ones and that process takes time. You also have to be able to spoil yourself now and again but better eating is definitely achievable and so worth it.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I love soccer but today's Euro opening game is just a dive fest by both teams. What a shame.

I can’t believe that stuff is still so common — what a plague on the game. Can’t they have coaching challenges to review dives, that could result in a red card if proven to have happened? Something can certainly be implemented to have a dissuasive effect.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
Why are they talking about MAF when the Habs just knocked out a much, much better goaltender?

Qc media going giddy with MAF lmao
Helly is not “much, much better” than Flurey with the way he is playing right now. His play is one of the main reasons that VGK won that series and the Avs are a much better team than the Jets IMO, especially without their #1c.

I think Price has played extremely well and deserves a lot of credit, but Flurey does too.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
What people don't realize, is that Montreal is the actual favorite in this series. Our team is made for playoff hockey. Price is an order of magnitude better than Fleury.

Vegas is about to get bounced.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
What people don't realize, is that Montreal is the actual favorite in this series. Our team is made for playoff hockey. Price is an order of magnitude better than Fleury.

Vegas is about to get bounced.

How are we the actual favorite? Vegas is made for playoff hockey as well. Goalies aren't the only players that matter.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Helly is not “much, much” better than Flurey with the way he is playing right now. His play is one of the main reasons that VGK won that series and the Avs are a much better team than the Jets IMO.

I think Price has played extremely well and deserves a lot of credit, but Flurey does too.
Nah. Fleury isnt a good goaltender.

They almost lost to the wild for petes sakes.

3 games over 900 against Minny and people act like hes a god.

Reactions: Licentia

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I want Shea Weber to have his best series. This is his moment to shine. Vegas is physical, Weber must establish that MTL is the "alpha male" team in the series, and establish domination over this joke of a franchise. Hit them into submission.

I hope Josh Anderson gets healthier soon. It's beyond obvious he's injured, so I won't criticize him this year. If he's healthy against Vegas it's gonna help us greatly in this sort of series.

ItzaGreat

How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3
As a Leafs fan, I offer you a traditional earth blessing from the land of Ontario. May it serve you well in your quest against Las Vegas.

Let the world of hockey-man see your bison-sized nuts fly high above the mountains, like an eagle on an airplane. The sound of this sight shall be the battle cry of freedom, and the lady bits of Las Vegas shall shrink small in witness to such primal might.
Nicely said.

Thank you friend!

Bring the cup back to Canada, where it belongs.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
How are we the actual favorite? Vegas is made for playoff hockey as well. Goalies aren't the only players that matter.

We aren’t. Oddsmakers have set the odds of the Knights winning the series at 80.77%.

Of course, they’re only odds but when one is looking at favorites, it’s not fan opinions that sway the odds, but gambling pros.

I’m perfectly happy with the Habs being massive underdogs — it has served them well so far.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
THere is no way in hell you want KK/Staal /Perry against the Karlsson line.They are way too fast.
Unless they get a good dump in n start the cycle........
Positional on D zone they will be fine.
Yes in transition it may be an issue IF F3 isn't highn they break clean.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
I want Shea Weber to have his best series. This is his moment to shine. Vegas is physical, Weber must establish that MTL is the "alpha male" team in the series, and establish domination over this joke of a franchise. Hit them into submission.

I hope Josh Anderson gets healthier soon. It's beyond obvious he's injured, so I won't criticize him this year. If he's healthy against Vegas it's gonna help us greatly in this sort of series.

Except Weber doesn't really play that way anymore. He can win board battles against their bigs tho and get us the puck and can shield Carey and he's still decent against the rush. He's our key to stopping their top line along with Danault, as usual. I'm worried about the other side with Chariot getting shoveled pucks from Weber on breakouts and Stone's ability to strip pucks...I would think DD will have Weber lob it out instead, or get it to Danault for help. I'd rather him just ice it repeatedly than use Chariot.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
Nah. Fleury isnt a good goaltender.

They almost lost to the wild for petes sakes.

3 games over 900 against Minny and people act like hes a god.

If you've watched any of their games it's not hard to see that Fleury is a major part of the Knight's success.

Many people including a lot of posters on the Habs boards said that Price wasn't a good goaltender either, earlier this year, so what's your point?

I never said Flurey is god, just he's playing well right now, when it counts, just like Price is! Both of them deserve attention because of their play, but it just so happens Flurey is french, so...

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
If you've watched any of their games it's not hard to see that Fleury is a major part of the Knight's success.

Many people including a lot of posters on the Habs boards said that Price wasn't a good goaltender either, earlier this year, so what's your point?

I never said Flurey is god, just he's playing well right now, when it counts, just like Price is! Both of them deserve attention because of their play, but it just so happens Flurey is french, so...

Lol, those guys are dumb Halak'ers.

Fleury is a fundamentally bad goaltender that gives up huge rebounds and tends to give up the disgusting back breaking goal. Sure, he can make big saves, like all goaltenders in the NHL.

He's playing well, which is a surprise because he's been average to ass for his whole career.

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
After beating the Leafs, I wasn't worried about the Jets in the least. I am worried about VGK though. They are obviously the best team we've faced thus far. But we've shown that we can win 3 straight against the Leafs, when everything was on the line, and 4 straight against the Jets. Surely we have a chance against Vegas.

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
The Leafs took us to 7 games because they have shifty skilled forwards who can enter the zone with the puck.

Is that why? Or is it that the Canadiens didn't fully understand and implement Ducharme's system during the first 4 games?

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Fleury, the spectacular hot-dog free style goalie vs Price the methodical, technical , zen goalie.
I love it !!!

I remember Theodore during his famous season telling that when the puck just hits you, it's because you're at the right place, and when you need to make the spectacular stop, it's because you are out of position

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

Us winning the Campbell trophy would be so freaking weird.

Do the VGK really have a great offense? Stone is a phenomenal player and better than anything Habs have but really better offensively?

Also, I can’t believe I’m going to say this, but Habs are about to play a team who’s Cs are significantly inferior
I'm more worrried about Vegas' D and goaltending. Our problem has always been scoring.

In regards to Vegas' offense, it's funny... Danault won't know who to check. Incredible that Max STILL has never played with a decent center in his entire career.

Folks on the Hab board saying Price was washed up were mostly people who've hated him since his rookie year. Back then they screamed "silver spoon" when he was given the job back in 2011. They've never gotten over losing Halak. They go away for weeks at a time and then pop back into GDTs if he gives up a softie. It's pathetic.

And it's too bad for them too. We've had the best goalie in hockey and a HOFer playing for us his whole career and they haven't let themselves enjoy it. Sad, but it is what it is.

And mark my words, a similar thing is happening now with KK. There are posters who are going to pounce all over him for the rest of his career the moment he slumps. I don't get why some people root against their own players like that but it is what it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Habs10Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad