Bring on the Knights

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
I think as some have mentioned in terms of matchups, I think the difference at 5 on 5 will be the KK line vs Roy.

I do think the KK line is better but they had a tough round 2, so well see how it pans out. Need anderson to step up big time

I feel like JK plays a more cycling grinding game while both Byron and Anderson are more of the score on the rush type. It's a bad fit.

Nowhere to move those guys though because I like the other lines.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
I'm astounded that we are talking about Vegas and Habs in the semifinals. Not disappointed, just astounded. I'm not an MAB fan by any means but I will embrace the opportunity to see the Habs upset another favored opponent. And for a fairly new team, I'm tired of Vegas winning. LOL C'mon Ducharme - take the Craig Berube path of success to an NHL Stanley Cup as "interim" coach. And prove all of your detractors wrong. And if they do by chance win then I guess we'll be stuck with MAB for the rest of our lives . Well at least mine since I'm older than dirt.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Marchessault, Smith and Pacioretty are excellent wingers too. Mark Stone alone has made Pacioretty a massive threat in the playoffs. Toffoli is our only winger that can compete with those guys. The only massive advantage we have is Price vs Fleury. I think Suzuki is the best center for both teams, but Karlsson is very good himself. Stephenson is in the same boat as Danault offensively. Roy has been very solid too, about on par with KK production-wise. Staal is better than their 4th line center.

I'd say:

Vegas Dmen>>Habs Dmen
Vegas Wingers>>Habs Wingers
Habs Goalie>>Vegas Goalie
Habs Centers>Vegas Centers

Stone > Toffoli
Pacioretty >? Caufield
Marchessault >? Gallagher
Rielly > Lehkonen
Tuch > Anderson
Janmark >? Byron

Perry > Carrier
Armia > Reeves

We'll see at the end of the series where the actual production is. Hopefully phil and lehk can nullify whoever their matched against and Gallagher, Toffoli, Caufield, and the 4th line can go off.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I feel like JK plays a more cycling grinding game while both Byron and Anderson are more of the score on the rush type. It's a bad fit.

Nowhere to move those guys though because I like the other lines.
JK zero assists in 20 career playoff games. It speeds up in the playoffs. Less time and space. You have to process quick, and use your speed and/or strength to buy yourself time to set up your wingers. He has pretty well none of that going on, so they dump and chase.
At least Anderson can create his own shot, as can Byron to a lesser degree because of their speed. But Anderson has been a bust in the playoffs and I dont believe he's hurt. His speed is still there as is his physical play.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
JK zero assists in 20 career playoff games. It speeds up in the playoffs. Less time and space. You have to process quick, and use your speed and/or strength to buy yourself time to set up your wingers. He has pretty well none of that going on, so they dump and chase.
At least Anderson can create his own shot, as can Byron to a lesser degree because of their speed. But Anderson has been a bust in the playoffs and I dont believe he's hurt. His speed is still there as is his physical play.
And Caufield has zero goals...

Seriously man, just stop.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Difference is Caufield is creating out there, both in scoring opps and playmaking.

If you cant see the difference maybe you stop?
Caufield is playing with our best players. KK is being shuffled all over the place. And by the way... KK has been one of our best players in the postseason.

What the hell are you watching man? Seriously. You've shot off your mouth all year long. Telling us that Price is washed up. Now you're here screaming at a 20 year old. It's ridiculous.

The only thing you've proven this year is that you have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
got my tickets for game 5. Me and my 14 year old daughter. (my son the 17 year old hockey player prefers to hang with his two buddies who are coming along).
not bad corner seats row H in Habs end shooting twice for 480 a piece.
I hope you get to use them...NOT. :laugh::laugh::sarcasm::sarcasm:

Reactions: azcanuck

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
If I had the time and access to all game play footage, I would put together a highlight reel of KK passes this playoffs that very well could have resulted in goals if the line mates capitalized on them. Making KK look like a no-skill grinder is not fair to him and not a good assessment of his skills nor his potential. We're all entitled to out opinions but I look forward to the day you change yours about KK.

Reactions: Gravity

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013

I don't think Anderson is hurt either, I want to believe he is hurt and I hope he is, but ya he's still skating.
That line has been struggling in the D zone too, hopefully they get going and Anderson comes up big

Reactions: azcanuck

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Maybe two of them will bump into each other and we’ll get a 2 for 1 deal.
When you face a team you never hope for injuries to dilute your accomplishment if you beat them.

Caufield is playing with our best players. KK is being shuffled all over the place. And by the way... KK has been one of our best players in the postseason.

What the hell are you watching man? Seriously. You've shot off your mouth all year long. Telling us that Price is washed up. Now you're here screaming at a 20 year old. It's ridiculous.

The only thing you've proven this year is that you have no idea what the hell you're talking about.
Oh the anger comes out now. Dont want to debate what I just said, (mod) cant control himself.

If I had the time and access to all game play footage, I would put together a highlight reel of KK passes this playoffs that very well could have resulted in goals if the line mates capitalized on them. Making KK look like a no-skill grinder is not fair to him and not a good assessment of his skills nor his potential. We're all entitled to out opinions but I look forward to the day you change yours about KK.
My favorite player is my fellow finn KK. But I dont wear goggles viewing a player or a team. I have hope for his future, I still think he will be very good.
You do realize both Byron and Anderson are worst on the team in expected goals. Meaning the opportunities are simply not there. Now of course some of that is on them. But when your center is not creating it affects them.
Looking forward to this tape of great KK passes in the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
upload_2021-6-13_13-25-28.png

(this is not a troll, and is meant in good fun. if not permitted please just delete the post)

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
View attachment 446408

(this is not a troll, and is meant in good fun. if not permitted please just delete the post)
On the Hab board it’s all good. Don’t post this on the Knights board though. I don’t think they’d take to kindly to this. :)

Not only is it not fair, it’s just plain wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc5 and Gravity

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Is it crazy to think we might actually have better center depth than the Knights?

I think we're similarly built teams; although I would say their stop skaters are all superior to the Habs counterpart.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Is it crazy to think we might actually have better center depth than the Knights?

I think we're similarly built teams; although I would say their stop skaters are all superior to the Habs counterpart.

Very similar team indeed. I think they have a better defense. I think we have a better goalie. We are better at center. I would give them a slight edge at wing. This series will be played in the net and Vegas doesn't stand a chance there. Ultimately unless NYI upset TB i don't give much of a chance to either team to beat TB.

If NYI upset TB then NYI is also a very similar team minus Barzal and NYI doesn't stand a chance in the net either against Mtl. At this point i believe only TB can stop Mtl. Would have been harder top stop Colorado in my book. Similar team to Toronto just a much better one.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Very similar team indeed. I think they have a better defense. I think we have a better goalie. We are better at center. I would give them a slight edge at wing. This series will be played in the net and Vegas doesn't stand a chance there. Ultimately unless NYI upset TB i don't give much of a chance to either team to beat TB.

If NYI upset TB then NYI is also a very similar team minus Barzal and NYI doesn't stand a chance in the net either against Mtl. At this point i believe only TB can stop Mtl. Would have been harder top stop Colorado in my book. Similar team to Toronto just a much better one.

Not sure that I agree with the bolded. I'd easily take Price ahead of Fleury on a large sample size, but they're both guys that can steal a series when they play at their best. With the season MAF just had, I don't think I could say there's any goalie he doesn't stand a chance against.

I'm mostly curious to see how this plays out. On paper, Vegas doesn't seem nearly as scary as Colorado or Tampa. It's going to be a grind.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Not sure that I agree with the bolded. I'd easily take Price ahead of Fleury on a large sample size, but they're both guys that can steal a series when they play at their best. With the season MAF just had, I don't think I could say there's any goalie he doesn't stand a chance against.

I'm mostly curious to see how this plays out. On paper, Vegas doesn't seem nearly as scary as Colorado or Tampa. It's going to be a grind.

Yeah but when did MAF la gaffe played at his best against Mtl? It's going to be a grind for sure. One thing we should be afraid of is we don't have consistent offensive players. They are all guys who have slumps. We are on a 7 games wining streak. I could see this team going cold like 1 goal a game cold for 4-5 games and in playoffs it means you're out.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

I would say they have a huge edge at wing. The Habs don’t have anyone that compare to Stone and Max.

They also have a massive edge on defence with Petry out. Pietrangelo and Theodore are better than any of the Habs D by a fair margin.

The key for the Habs is physicality. Don’t think the Wild and Avs offered much to deter Vegas from running rampant. The Habs D won’t be intimidated in the corners.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I would say they have a huge edge at wing. The Habs don’t have anyone that compare to Stone and Max.

They also have a massive edge on defence with Petry out. Pietrangelo and Theodore are better than any of the Habs D by a fair margin.

The key for the Habs is physicality. Don’t think the Wild and Avs offered much to deter Vegas from running rampant. The Habs D won’t be intimidated in the corners.

Stone/Pie/Theodore are the skaters I was initially referring to.

We know Max better than anyone else and he's not someone I'm overly concerned about.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Stone/Pie/Theodore are the skaters I was initially referring to.

We know Max better than anyone else and he's not someone I'm overly concerned about.

Have to be physical with him. He’ll back down quickly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad