Bring on the Knights

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
I wanna celebrate twice in June 24th.

Make me dou. Behave like grown man. You're my principal joy in life. This is more than a simple game. It'lle be a war.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Yeah it's definitely a result of the American lifestyle. People are too busy working to prepare healthy meals, it's so much easier (and usually cheaper) to just get fast food.

I've screwed up some of my tooth enamel from overbrushing due to O.C.D.
Fast food addicts are part of the problem, but put it this way, the advice intended to keep people "in good health" back about 20-30 years ago wound up, at best, not helping people. At worst, it f***ed over the people who followed said advice.

Even if one avoids McDonald's or asks for burgers with no buns, the majority of grocery store aisles are still filled with foods that should be eaten sparingly. There are also well-meaning people raking themselves through the coals following dietary advice inspired by the government and the food pyramid of 1992, which ultimately has wound up harming people. Pasta+pasta sauce is a combo that needs a good rinsing right away after consumption because the starch and acidic tomato sauce is makes things ripe for teeth damage. Such a meal would have been deemed "healthy" under the U.S food pyramid of 1992.

People can buy salads for the same price as a McDonalds burger if they have no time to prepare one themselves.

It doesn't help that first impressions can last a long time. I'm only 32 but still remember the original American food pyramid. If I could remember it as a kid back in the 90s, imagine all the adults who did follow it and would up f***ing themselves because they kept guzzling complex carbs and eventually got fat because those foods will not satiate over a long period.

People ate margarine en masse because saturated fats were deemed the boogeyman.
The creation of trans-unsaturated fats was borne from the fear of saturated fats.

Thankfully, my mom is Chinese and so I avoided two of the most useless of foods in sodas and cereal. However, orange juice is also bad for teeth because they add a load of sugar and it is acidic.

So, for 12 years without a single dental cleaning, I at least still have teeth to use.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I haven't been this excited for a Montreal run since 1993.

The last two Carré d'As runs I didn't really feel it. This time is different. Very different. Very, very different.

Reactions: 417

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I haven't been this excited for a Montreal run since 1993.

The last two Carré d'As runs I didn't really feel it. This time is different. Very different. Very, very different.

I'm really curious to see how we match up against Vegas.

We did well against them last year - during the regular season at least.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016

They have Pacioretty. One of the best snipers this league has ever seen.

If we had a player like that, we'd win a cup, easy.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
This looks familiar:

Man, I hope we can make these "experts" look like idiots

It's too late. Most of these analysts already look like idiots when it comes to the habs. I would have looked like an idiot too tbh.

Reactions: Gravity

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Habs are 5-1 all-time vs Knights.

Hope it continues in the playoffs.

Nice to see that stat. My intuition was we always matched up well against them. And that confirms it.

Of course we're much better than last year. But so are Vegas. Pietrangelo replaces Schmidt, Tuch has arrived, on-off-Fleury is on, etc...

Reactions: No More Subban

BergevinsOnlyFan

Jan 2, 2021
What people don't realize, is that Montreal is the actual favorite in this series. Our team is made for playoff hockey. Price is an order of magnitude better than Fleury.

Vegas is about to get bounced.
I was always on team Price I am glad he has made Habs fans like him again, before the playoffs started people actually wanted him to waive NMC to go to Seattle lol without him we would have no chance at a cup at least there is a glimmer of hope with him in net

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Knights are a better version of the Habs. Their forwards and defense are better. All 4 lines need to roll and Price needs to stay the same. That being said, Knights have had trouble generating offense against good shutdown defense and goalies. I think they beat us in 5 but I hope I'm wrong.
No they're not. They're far better on D and slightly better on Ws. Their Gs are worse and they're worse down the middle.

Reactions: ItzaGreat

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Habs are 5-1 all time against Vegas but I don't put a whole lot of stock in regular season play, and we don't have to look any further than the first two rounds for the habs to see why.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Stone and Tuch are the only two wingers that scare me. The rest do not.
Marchessault, Smith and Pacioretty are excellent wingers too. Mark Stone alone has made Pacioretty a massive threat in the playoffs. Toffoli is our only winger that can compete with those guys. The only massive advantage we have is Price vs Fleury. I think Suzuki is the best center for both teams, but Karlsson is very good himself. Stephenson is in the same boat as Danault offensively. Roy has been very solid too, about on par with KK production-wise. Staal is better than their 4th line center.

I'd say:

Vegas Dmen>>Habs Dmen
Vegas Wingers>>Habs Wingers
Habs Goalie>>Vegas Goalie
Habs Centers>Vegas Centers

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I know Grubauer is up for the Vézina, but he’s not Carey Price. And Talbot certainly isn’t either.

And as good as Stone and Pacioretty are, they are not Matthews and Marner. It’s a far deeper team, but the Habs are pretty deep too.

If you give me the choice between having Stephenson, Karlsson and Roy or Suzuki, Danault and KK, I’m honestly taking the latter.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Marchessault, Smith and Pacioretty are excellent wingers too. Mark Stone alone has made Pacioretty a massive threat in the playoffs. Toffoli is our only winger that can compete with those guys. The only massive advantage we have is Price vs Fleury. I think Suzuki is the best center for both teams, but Karlsson is very good himself. Stephenson is in the same boat as Danault offensively. Roy has been very solid too, about on par with KK production-wise. Staal is better than their 4th line center.

I'd say:

Vegas Dmen>>Habs Dmen
Vegas Wingers>>Habs Wingers
Habs Goalie>>Vegas Goalie
Habs Centers>Vegas Centers
I have it:
Vegas Dmen >>> Habs Dmen
Vegas Wingers > Habs Wingers
Habs Goalie >>> Vegas Goalie
Habs Centers >>> Vegas Centers

Karlsson is a stud so I'd say he cancels out Suzuki. I would take Danault and KK 10/10 over Stephenson and Roy. Production included and aside Danault and KK are far better than both Stephenson and Roy imo.

I think Caufield helps bridge the gap a bit in the winger difference. Marchessault and Smith are good wingers but not scary imo. Stone and Tuch are the only scary ones.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I have it:
Vegas Dmen >>> Habs Dmen
Vegas Wingers > Habs Wingers
Habs Goalie >>> Vegas Goalie
Habs Centers >>> Vegas Centers

Karlsson is a stud so I'd say he cancels out Suzuki. I would take Danault and KK 10/10 over Stephenson and Roy. Production included and aside Danault and KK are far better than both Stephenson and Roy imo.

I think Caufield helps bridge the gap a bit in the winger difference. Marchessault and Smith are good wingers but not scary imo. Stone and Tuch are the only scary ones.
I don't think the difference between Danault/KK vs Stephenson/Roy is that large like you claim. Our duo is better, but not by much. Of course Staal is better than their 4C too.

Don't know how Pacioretty isn't scary when he plays with Stone. Marchessault and Smith may not be scary to you, but they are without a doubt better than any winger not named Toffoli on our team so far these playoffs.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
I don't think the difference between Danault/KK vs Stephenson/Roy is that large like you claim. Our duo is better, but not by much. Of course Staal is better than their 4C too.

Don't know how Pacioretty isn't scary when he plays with Stone. Marchessault and Smith may not be scary to you, but they are without a doubt better than any winger not named Toffoli on our team so far these playoffs.
I think the C difference is large. Stephenson and Danault may produce somewhat equally but Danault is far, far more valuable than points alone. I don't see Stephenson with the the same shutdown potential in the slightest. Then it comes to KK vs Roy. Both are physical large C's but I think KK is better defensively and is really on the upswing. Maybe a bit too biased I don't think it's very close down the middle.

Pacioretty doesn't scare me because I feel returning to Mtl will get to him. The boos along with the heavy hitting style that Mtl plays will render him largely ineffective. Danault line vs Stone line. Suzuki line vs Karlsson line, KK line vs Roy line and Staal line vs Reaves line. I think it's very close and if Anderson returns to form, that slight 3rd line edge with a heavy 4th line edge could be enough to make a significant difference.

Finally, I take Toffoli over Marchessault and Caufield = Smith right now imo. So the strategy is the same: shut down one line (Stone line) and win the bottom 9 battle. I think that is very feasible. D is where I see the largest disparity.

Reactions: azcanuck

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I think the C difference is large. Stephenson and Danault may produce somewhat equally but Danault is far, far more valuable than points alone. I don't see Stephenson with the the same shutdown potential in the slightest. Then it comes to KK vs Roy. Both are physical large C's but I think KK is better defensively and is really on the upswing. Maybe a bit too biased I don't think it's very close down the middle.

Pacioretty doesn't scare me because I feel returning to Mtl will get to him. The boos along with the heavy hitting style that Mtl plays will render him largely ineffective. Danault line vs Stone line. Suzuki line vs Karlsson line, KK line vs Roy line and Staal line vs Reaves line. I think it's very close and if Anderson returns to form, that slight 3rd line edge with a heavy 4th line edge could be enough to make a significant difference.

Finally, I take Toffoli over Marchessault and Caufield = Smith right now imo. So the strategy is the same: shut down one line (Stone line) and win the bottom 9 battle. I think that is very feasible. D is where I see the largest disparity.
Stone is so damn good that he can make Stephenson be similar to Danault. He's frankly enough to be as good as 2 players in 1. Yet Roy has produced more so far. I don't think the difference is extreme at all.

I like our 4th line over theirs for sure, but this will be the hardest matchup for Suzuki because it will be the best line he's faced up to date. Stone's line won't have to worry about defense as much if they face Danault's line. KK vs Roy should be fairly even.

Even if you say Toffoli>Marcheussault and Caufield=Smith, Stone, Tuch, and Pacioretty are much better than Gallagher, Anderson, Lehkonen in these playoffs. Not even a contest really.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I know Grubauer is up for the Vézina, but he’s not Carey Price. And Talbot certainly isn’t either.

And as good as Stone and Pacioretty are, they are not Matthews and Marner. It’s a far deeper team, but the Habs are pretty deep too.

If you give me the choice between having Stephenson, Karlsson and Roy or Suzuki, Danault and KK, I’m honestly taking the latter.
Graubauer was a fraud against Vegas. Wilted under pressure.

Reactions: HostileCapSpace

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
I think as some have mentioned in terms of matchups, I think the difference at 5 on 5 will be the KK line vs Roy.

I do think the KK line is better but they had a tough round 2, so well see how it pans out. Need anderson to step up big time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad