Bring on the Knights

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I honestly like our chances a lot here.

Fleury has done a great job in Vegas overall - but let's not ignore the fact that he has a very bad history in his career of cracking under pressure. Facing his hometown team Montreal? I could see him playing bad and costing Vegas a game or two.

I also think Price is super focused. We all make fun of the Leafs - but I still maintain the Leafs were an amazing team this season, and their offense is better than Vegas. And they didn't not score and not win because they played bad (outside of game 7) - it was just Price playing out of his mind. I think he can do the same vs Vegas.

I predicted we'll win in 5 and i'm sticking to it. I could see it go a bit longer though.

Winning game 1 will be such a huge key. Last thing we want to do is fall behind against a team as strong as them.

Reactions: azcanuck

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
3 keys to success.

1- Hit them every chance you get. Specially Pacioretty, hit him over and over. We all know how bad he gets when he gets hit.

2- Defy Fleury early, he has a history of choking vs the Habs.

3- Watch out for offensive and neutral zone turnover.

Bonus: Give Stone the tiniest slash and he'll jump 7 feet in the air, fake cry and will have to miss the rest of the series to proove he has a micro pen...I mean a micro fracture.
I would also say a key to this series is Gallagher & Anderson need to contribute w goals. Anderson has to at a minimum offset any production by Tuch.

Reactions: ItzaGreat

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I went on their board, it's refreshing to see non biased/salty fans who acknowledge habs are playing really well. This will be such a great matchup.

Really? Give it a game.

A lot of our posters liked the Jets and their fans before the series started. A dangerous, cheap shot by Reaves, Tuch or some other meathead, and we’ll all be singing a different tune.

Plus, it’ll inspire a whole new slew of avatars.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
Never thought we would make it this far, let alone make the PO's. Don't know how we will do in this series, just hope it's not a repeat of 2010 or 2014. I don't know what it is, for some reason it feels different this time around.

I think the main difference is it doesn’t feel like we were hanging by the skin of our teeth the last 7 games. We’re rolling, playing as a team and actually dominating our opponents. Let’s hope we can keep the fairy dust in this next series.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Really? Give it a game.

A lot of our posters liked the Jets and their fans before the series started. A dangerous, cheap shot by Reaves, Tuch or some other meathead, and we’ll all be singing a different tune.

Plus, it’ll inspire a whole new slew of avatars.

...lol...the Cinderella Run, the hilarious avatars, the butthurt Laffs...I haven't had this much fun as a Habs fan in a long time...diddily-dooddily...:laugh:

...back to Reality next season...for now, just enjoy the SHOW!!...:thumbu:

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
I love soccer but today's Euro opening game is just a dive fest by both teams. What a shame.

Reactions: Runner77

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
It seriously blows my mind how overweight Americans are. (not that Canada is much better)
It doesn't help that cereal and other trash foods like waffles or whatever else is starch forms the first meal of the day for most people.

Eating in such a manner adds to teeth decay and keeps dentists in business. Glucose should only be eaten when activities demand it.

Having neglected my teeth and now having perio for life means that I have used my intellect to focus on eating a quasi-diabetic, quasi-keto, quasi-Atkins diet. Meat and veggies first and foremost and starch only if I have a waterpik nearby and I'm about to engage in demanding activities. Bring on the bacon and broccoli but noodles, rice, and especially bread can gtfo.

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Can’t see how the Habs can take this series with Petry possibly missing 1-3 games to start it.

It’s a huge loss and Ducharme still not being optimistic with Petry starting game 1 after 7 days off is pretty telling.

I see Vegas in 6 possibly 5 if Petry miss the first 2-3 games. Hard match up, not scared of Fleury even if he can be hot he always looks shaky. I think the road ends here sadly especially for Price, Weber and Perry.

Reactions: Licentia

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Can’t see how the Habs can take this series with Petry possibly missing 1-3 games to start it.

It’s a huge loss and Ducharme still not being optimistic with Petry starting game 1 after 7 days off is pretty telling.

I see Vegas in 6 possibly 5 if Petry miss the first 2-3 games. Hard match up, not scared of Fleury even if he can be hot he always looks shaky. I think the road ends here sadly especially for Price, Weber and Perry.

Reactions: leopod and MadMslm

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
I think if Price's crease is kept clear and our top 4 doesn't let the Knights crash and bang Price we should have a decent chance. If Price gets ran over we need to f*** them up hard! make them think twice crashing the net because 2014 still has a lot of what ifs about it.

member 298589

As a Leafs fan, I offer you a traditional earth blessing from the land of Ontario. May it serve you well in your quest against Las Vegas.

Let the world of hockey-man see your bison-sized nuts fly high above the mountains, like an eagle on an airplane. The sound of this sight shall be the battle cry of freedom, and the lady bits of Las Vegas shall shrink small in witness to such primal might.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
It doesn't help that cereal and other trash foods like waffles or whatever else is starch forms the first meal of the day for most people.

Eating in such a manner adds to teeth decay and keeps dentists in business. Glucose should only be eaten when activities demand it.

Having neglected my teeth and now having perio for life means that I have used my intellect to focus on eating a quasi-diabetic, quasi-keto, quasi-Atkins diet. Meat and veggies first and foremost and starch only if I have a waterpik nearby and I'm about to engage in demanding activities. Bring on the bacon and broccoli but noodles, rice, and especially bread can gtfo.
Yeah it's definitely a result of the American lifestyle. People are too busy working to prepare healthy meals, it's so much easier (and usually cheaper) to just get fast food.

I've screwed up some of my tooth enamel from overbrushing due to O.C.D.

Reactions: Runner77

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
As a Leafs fan, I offer you a traditional earth blessing from the land of Ontario. May it serve you well in your quest against Las Vegas.

Let the world of hockey-man see your bison-sized nuts fly high above the mountains, like an eagle on an airplane. The sound of this sight shall be the battle cry of freedom, and the lady bits of Las Vegas shall shrink small in witness to such primal might.

decaprio.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad