Bring on the Knights

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Very similar team indeed. I think they have a better defense. I think we have a better goalie. We are better at center. I would give them a slight edge at wing. This series will be played in the net and Vegas doesn't stand a chance there. Ultimately unless NYI upset TB i don't give much of a chance to either team to beat TB.

If NYI upset TB then NYI is also a very similar team minus Barzal and NYI doesn't stand a chance in the net either against Mtl. At this point i believe only TB can stop Mtl. Would have been harder top stop Colorado in my book. Similar team to Toronto just a much better one.
Pump the brakes my friend. Pietrangelo and Theodore will probably be on Team Canada. We have nothing to compare to that.
I still think we match up with them pretty good but it can be argued they are us on steroids.
Going to be a tough series, looking forward to the analysis of matchups you get in the playoffs. I'm very intrigued by danault against Stone. Danault has been an MVP type for us but this is next level.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Pump the brakes my friend. Pietrangelo and Theodore will probably be on Team Canada. We have nothing to compare to that.
I still think we match up with them pretty good but it can be argued they are us on steroids.
Going to be a tough series, looking forward to the analysis of matchups you get in the playoffs. I'm very intrigued by danault against Stone. Danault has been an MVP type for us but this is next level.

On paper they should win. But Price is in 2013-2014 form and that year only an injury was able to beat him. I'm not sure Vegas advantage over us will be enough to beat Price right now. Obviously if MAF la gaffe plays like he can and doesn't crap the bed then they will be hard to beat cause that's pretty much the only advantage we have over them.

Reactions: azcanuck

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Being bored and reading most the threads here I'm stunned the Habs have even won a PO game let alone 2 series.
D don't move puck, D too slow, 24 line doesn't score, 17 is garbage, KK can't pass, coach playing wrong players, CC no goals...........

I know there are the positive posters but some of the NegiNellies go to great lengths to highlight anything to prop up the narratives about a player of staff member they don't like.
It's a sport and you are judged against your peers. Covid schmovid, price Schmice, North div. Schmorth div.....whatever. Most didn't give the Habs a chance in either series than the excuses start a coming to defend the narratives.

Just win baby. Really enjoying these last 2 playoffs after years of gradual but increasing disinterest.
Team is playing like a team with all players contributing positives at different times
Fun to watch. If it ends this series, still a very good accomplishment for the team and will help the youngins in the future.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Being bored and reading most the threads here I'm stunned the Habs have even won a PO game let alone 2 series.
D don't move puck, D too slow, 24 line doesn't score, 17 is garbage, KK can't pass, coach playing wrong players, CC no goals...........

I know there are the positive posters but some of the NegiNellies go to great lengths to highlight anything to prop up the narratives about a player of staff member they don't like.
It's a sport and you are judged against your peers. Covid schmovid, price Schmice, North div. Schmorth div.....whatever. Most didn't give the Habs a chance in either series than the excuses start a coming to defend the narratives.

Just win baby. Really enjoying these last 2 playoffs after years of gradual but increasing disinterest.
Team is playing like a team with all players contributing positives at different times
Fun to watch. If it ends this series, still a very good accomplishment for the team and will help the youngins in the future.
You talking to me brother? :laugh::laugh:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I would say they have a huge edge at wing. The Habs don’t have anyone that compare to Stone and Max.

They also have a massive edge on defence with Petry out. Pietrangelo and Theodore are better than any of the Habs D by a fair margin.

The key for the Habs is physicality. Don’t think the Wild and Avs offered much to deter Vegas from running rampant. The Habs D won’t be intimidated in the corners.
If Petry really is out, then we’re in deep trouble.

Reactions: LaP

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
If Petry really is out, then we’re in deep trouble.

Maybe... but maybe not. Petry is important, but maybe not as important as we tend to think. Especially in a series against a physical Vegas team, I'd rather have our big guys back on the blueline and a red hot Price, and hopefully our forward depth scores enough. Obviously Petry is huge for our team, but his loss is not insurmountable.

Reactions: peate

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Maybe... but maybe not. Petry is important, but maybe not as important as we tend to think. Especially in a series against a physical Vegas team, I'd rather have our big guys back on the blueline and a red hot Price, and hopefully our forward depth scores enough. Obviously Petry is huge for our team, but his loss is not insurmountable.

But I don’t want it to mean that they think the key to winning is having Jon Merrill over Romanov.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

The narrative never really changes. People have been waiting for the isles to "come down to earth" ever since trotz got there.

Reactions: BigDaddyLurch

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

It's actually a massive loss because he's the one guy in the top 4 that can move the puck consistently.

The habs could theoretically afford to lose a Weber, edmundson, or chiarot more than Petry. It comes down to which qualities you have an abundance of, and can afford to lose, and which qualities are in short supply. Petry just happens to bring the short supply stuff.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I"ve heard up to three games but I'm expecting him back in game one. Tape those fingers up boy and get your ass out there, you have plenty of fingers. :laugh:

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
It's actually a massive loss because he's the one guy in the top 4 that can move the puck consistently.

The habs could theoretically afford to lose a Weber, edmundson, or chiarot more than Petry. It comes down to which qualities you have an abundance of, and can afford to lose, and which qualities are in short supply. Petry just happens to bring the short supply stuff.
Petry's not been offering much in terms of offense , not saying he's not valuable.
This Habs team reminds me of the ground and pound Tennessee Titans with our three guys making the opposition pay the price.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

Outside of Carey Price, Petry is the player we can least afford to lose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->