Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Dal Colle's finish is something the big club could really use. Don't get me wrong I dont think hes ready or anything but you know if it was anyone on our roster on that 2-1 not named tavares it wouldnt go in. Glad hes starting to get on the score sheet in bridgeport

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Interesting to see Gibson is 5-0 while Williams is 0-3. Those watching the games, is Gibson that much better or is team just playing better in front of him?

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Interesting to see Gibson is 5-0 while Williams is 0-3. Those watching the games, is Gibson that much better or is team just playing better in front of him?

That is very intersting.

Got to see a good bit of the 2-0 loss last weekend. I found BPort to be very entertaining, particularly when Ho-Sang was on the ice. The guy has a knack for entertaining.

Hope he pans out.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
That's a good knack to have!!! Let's just hope that he continues to trend upward and eventually the NHL isn't too fast for him!!

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
If he could be James Neal-ish at the NHL level, that'd be great. :D

He sounds a little Brock Nelson-ish. Hopefully he has more than that and better hands. Is it too hard to ask for a goal scoring winger thats actually good at hockey.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
He sounds a little Brock Nelson-ish. Hopefully he has more than that and better hands. Is it too hard to ask for a goal scoring winger thats actually good at hockey.

From what I've seen of him, his release is much quicker than Nelson. Nelson would be a 30 goal scorer every year if he had a quicker release. His just takes way too long to get his shot off, as he's always dragging the puck for an extended period of time.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I took a drive up to Bridgeport last night (easier to get there from Queens than Barclays). BST beat Lehigh Valley 5-2 in front of what had to be about 300 people. It was a chippy game. MIchael Dal Colle had a PPG and Josh Ho-Sang had a pretty goal late in the game to make it 4-2. JHS is on the 4th line with Travis St Denis and Kellen Jones, and is also on PP1. Not much that JHS is going to be able to do skating with them. You can see how well he skates and handles the puck. He has talent.

Last night Steve Bernier was the best player on the ice. That in itself is troubling to me. The general take from people I spoke to last night is that Bracken Kearns or Bernier are usually the best players in the ice most nights. Makes me think MDC is going to be a trade chip.

Don't look for help for the Isles coming from Bridgeport. It seems are best prospects are in college or juniors.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
I took a drive up to Bridgeport last night (easier to get there from Queens than Barclays). BST beat Lehigh Valley 5-2 in front of what had to be about 300 people. It was a chippy game. MIchael Dal Colle had a PPG and Josh Ho-Sang had a pretty goal late in the game to make it 4-2. JHS is on the 4th line with Travis St Denis and Kellen Jones, and is also on PP1. Not much that JHS is going to be able to do skating with them. You can see how well he skates and handles the puck. He has talent.

Last night Steve Bernier was the best player on the ice. That in itself is troubling to me. The general take from people I spoke to last night is that Bracken Kearns or Bernier are usually the best players in the ice most nights. Makes me think MDC is going to be a trade chip.

Don't look for help for the Isles coming from Bridgeport. It seems are best prospects are in college or juniors.

More great news from the bridge!

Ugggh

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach

Thanks for the report. The fact that Bernier is the best out there isn't particularly alarming since he has the most pro experience, is a grown man and knows he's obviously the first call up. If any of us thought a kid will get the call before Bernier, we're nuts.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Thanks for the report. The fact that Bernier is the best out there isn't particularly alarming since he has the most pro experience, is a grown man and knows he's obviously the first call up. If any of us thought a kid will get the call before Bernier, we're nuts.

I think it depends on who goes down. If it's a bottom 6 guy, we'll see Bernier. If it's a top 6 guy, Ho-Sang will get a look I'd think.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
I think it depends on who goes down. If it's a bottom 6 guy, we'll see Bernier. If it's a top 6 guy, Ho-Sang will get a look I'd think.

I think it's Bernier no matter what. There is not top 6 or bottom 6 on this team, it's JT and everyone else. If Clutterbuck on the top line doesn't validate this sentiment, I don't know what does...

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
More glitter for Garth's golden GM career.

Read that as his golden something else - more appropriate.

I don't want to knock on Dal Colle and Ho-Sang but there has to be a reason why so few players actually improve as Islanders.

Thus teams needs someone or three to emerge as impact (or very good at least) players in the NHL. There aren't enough good players in the 21-26 range and that's a terrible sign for the future.

Now the team desperately needs all of Barzal, Beauvillier, Ho-Sang and DalColle to become very good NHLers - and fast. That's just not realistic.

We are essentially asking for Tavares to re-sign and be part of another rebuild.

Unless someone sees more potential in the current roster than I do.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

That should be the way it works, but I get the feeling that Isles may want Ho-Sang to go through his first pro season in the AHL as part of the maturing process. He had his first healthy scratch earlier in the week and he's not exactly lighting the league on fire. 2g, 6a in 13 games. 1 goal and 1 assist came last night.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
If a top 6 is injured, Beauvillier should have a real shot in the top six before Dal Colle or Ho-Sang since he is already with the club.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
That should be the way it works, but I get the feeling that Isles may want Ho-Sang to go through his first pro season in the AHL as part of the maturing process. He had his first healthy scratch earlier in the week and he's not exactly lighting the league on fire. 2g, 6a in 13 games. 1 goal and 1 assist came last night.

He just picked up another point at least today I saw. He's not a goal scorer and I don't think he ever will be, but he should be able to put up stupid assist numbers. Not sure if they'll keep him down all year, it could simply depend on his progress. I'm not worried about early season scratches to get a point across to a first year player.

scott99

May 13, 2005
He just picked up another point at least today I saw. He's not a goal scorer and I don't think he ever will be, but he should be able to put up stupid assist numbers. Not sure if they'll keep him down all year, it could simply depend on his progress. I'm not worried about early season scratches to get a point across to a first year player.

JHS had 2 assists today. MDC had 1goal and 1 assist. MDC has 7 goals in 15 games. He may be the first call up, especially if the goal drought continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad