Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
http://islanderspointblank.com/news/ahl-realignment-sound-tiges-move-to-atlantic-division/

The Bridgeport Sound Tigers will begin playing in the Atlantic Division next season, the American Hockey League announced as it unveiled their newly realigned divisions on Tuesday.

Bridgeport, the Islanders AHL farm team, played the 2014-15 campaign in the Northeast Division. They will remain in the same division as the Hartford Wolf Pack (New York Rangers) and the Springfield Falcons (Arizona Coyotes), but will see five new clubs enter their division....

wellsZe

Feb 19, 2015
http://m.ctpost.com/sports/article/Saffan-out-as-Sound-Tigers-team-president-6303203.php

Saffan out as BST president.

Will it be true? BST head to Nassau and wolfpack move to Bridgeport?
I believe this is the start of some bigger changes.

Is wang still pissed at Nassau and maybe the Wolfpack move to Nassau?
It would be weird...

I'm a CT resident that misses the whalers, but have started a love for the islanders after this NHL season. CMAC being from CT, and I really like the future of the team in regards to talent. I really like the JB and leddy contracts.

I'm from Hartford county, so i don't get down to Bridgeport too often. I love the arena though.

BST to Nassau
Wolfpack to Bridgeport
Hartford gets a neutral affiliate like VEGAS!

Or.
BST TO HARTFORD
WOLFPACK TO BRIDGEPORT
NASSAU becomes a shopping mall destination.

Something is going to happen in terms of relocations in the future.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
http://m.ctpost.com/sports/article/Saffan-out-as-Sound-Tigers-team-president-6303203.php

Saffan out as BST president.

Will it be true? BST head to Nassau and wolfpack move to Bridgeport?
I believe this is the start of some bigger changes.

Is wang still pissed at Nassau and maybe the Wolfpack move to Nassau?
It would be weird...

I'm a CT resident that misses the whalers, but have started a love for the islanders after this NHL season. CMAC being from CT, and I really like the future of the team in regards to talent. I really like the JB and leddy contracts.

I'm from Hartford county, so i don't get down to Bridgeport too often. I love the arena though.

BST to Nassau
Wolfpack to Bridgeport
Hartford gets a neutral affiliate like VEGAS!

Or.
BST TO HARTFORD
WOLFPACK TO BRIDGEPORT
NASSAU becomes a shopping mall destination.

Something is going to happen in terms of relocations in the future.

I'm also a CT resident and the Sound Tigers are the sole reason I became an Islanders fan. With that said, I'd support a move to NVMC and a Wolfpack move to Bridgeport. It just seems logical.

Also, I doubt you'll ever see Hartford get granted a team.

Sneekypete

Mar 10, 2008
Branford,Ct
www.mprete.com
I'm also a CT resident and the Sound Tigers are the sole reason I became an Islanders fan. With that said, I'd support a move to NVMC and a Wolfpack move to Bridgeport. It just seems logical.

Also, I doubt you'll ever see Hartford get granted a team.

They would have to build a new arena to get a new team and I don't think that would happen. There have been rumblings about bport getting a few different options including the Devils farm team.

Sneekypete

Mar 10, 2008
Branford,Ct
www.mprete.com
They better sign some kids that can score or they will have 7 less season ticket holders this season. A few of my friends and I are waiting to buy them based on who they sign to play for Bport in July.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
http://islanderspointblank.com/news/report-isles-vp-to-take-over-as-president-of-sound-tigers/

Islanders’ senior vice president Michael Picker will replace Howard Staffan as president of the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (Fornabio, June 4).

Staffan was the president of the Islanders’ AHL affiliate for 10 years and was let go on Tuesday from his position. He also spent four years running Harbor Yard Sports and Entertainment, the company that operates Webster Bank Arena (IPB, June 3).

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
I predict that Mike Halmo will be brought back and named captain. He took a big step forward his second full season, only to have his development halted to a broken forearm or wrist last yr. He will be given another chance.

Colton Gillies and Scooter Vaughan have said that they would like to return.

I haven't heard any new developments on CJ Motte. I would like him to come back as I was impressed with the little bit I saw of him.

I think that the need for depth at forward at the AHL level is so desperate that we will sign at least 3 on the first day of free agency.

Notable names of UFA guys we should be looking at: Danny Kristo (group VI UFA), Dustin Jeffrey (re-sign), Pat Cannone, Mike Blunden, Matt Lindblad, Mark Zengerle, Zach Sill, Jayson Megna.

Then I would address the other depth needed in Bridgeport.
Goalie: Tom McCollum

Defense: Steve Oleksy

Isles Enforcer

Sep 22, 2005
New York
www.islesenforcers.com
I predict that Mike Halmo will be brought back and named captain. He took a big step forward his second full season, only to have his development halted to a broken forearm or wrist last yr. He will be given another chance.

Colton Gillies and Scooter Vaughan have said that they would like to return.

I haven't heard any new developments on CJ Motte. I would like him to come back as I was impressed with the little bit I saw of him.

I think that the need for depth at forward at the AHL level is so desperate that we will sign at least 3 on the first day of free agency.

Notable names of UFA guys we should be looking at: Danny Kristo (group VI UFA), Dustin Jeffrey (re-sign), Pat Cannone, Mike Blunden, Matt Lindblad, Mark Zengerle, Zach Sill, Jayson Megna.

Then I would address the other depth needed in Bridgeport.
Goalie: Tom McCollum

Defense: Steve Oleksy

Honestly out of that group the only one that MUST be signed is Jeffrey.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Rumors floating around twitter that Zach Boychuk is expected to be signed

I remember when Zach Boychuk was expected to be a player, he had some pretty decent hype after being on the 2008 and 2009 Gold Medial WJC squads for Canada.

I'm ok with adding another Boychuk.

First Blood

The Greiss Is Right!
Feb 17, 2014
Bradenton, FL
I remember when Zach Boychuk was expected to be a player, he had some pretty decent hype after being on the 2008 and 2009 Gold Medial WJC squads for Canada.

I'm ok with adding another Boychuk.

Yeah he was a 1st round pick in 2008 by NSH, hasn't been good at the NHL level.

Still nothing wrong with the signing, Bridgeport needs some guys. They gotta make that team competent again at the AHL level.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Yeah he was a 1st round pick in 2008 by NSH, hasn't been good at the NHL level.

Still nothing wrong with the signing, Bridgeport needs some guys. They gotta make that team competent again at the AHL level.

He was 14th overall to the 'Canes. Smashville took Wilson seventh overall that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad