Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
I went to the game tonight - the first one I've caught this year - and for what it's worth JHS was easily the best player on the ice. I mean, MDC looked good, but Ho-Sang was just on another level. The OT winner was all him as well.

Just a couple other observations: Toews looked like Bridgeport's best D tonight. Not sure if that's a common occurrence but he looked impressive. Even Leduc looked pretty solid, which I thought was amusing considering the hate this guy has gotten around here.

Overall Bridgeport looks like a pretty strong team.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
We are essentially asking for Tavares to re-sign and be part of another rebuild.

This is what scares me the most about the entire NYI situation.

JT's game as an offensive producer is regressing.

It's year 8 of JT and the best wingers Snow ever supplied him with (from a chemistry standpoint) were Moulson and Parenteau. There's currently not even one particular winger who seems to have chemistry with him more often than not (and I suspect that Bailey is on the ice with him at his own {partial} request at the moment).

We're not winning and we're both offensively and defensively challenged. Every game seems to be an uphill battle.

Is this how we're going to see JT sign here long-term?

BPORT
Sure, I like seeing that we've gotten some nice goaltending performances in BPort. I like seeing that Dal Colle is on a 25-30 goal pace in his rookie season. I like seeing that kids like Toews and Burroughs have already shown some good understanding of puck movement and PP acumen (can't comment on their overall game at the moment).

But this organization simply doesn't come across as geared towards being able to foster talent and see it bloom. As for BPort, I see FAR too many names on that roster that do not look like they're there to take steps towards a likely NHL future. In fact, aside from Dal Colle and Ho-Sang - and MAYBE one of the goalies - I really don't see anybody that is thought or believed to eventually have an NHL career.

As for Ho-Sang, if he's hanging around on the 4th line, I've gotta think he's given Thompson good reason to have him there. And it may have to do with a number of reasons, on and off the ice. We should all assume that 'tough love' is what the organization has decided on in his case anyways. For good reason...

Last edited:

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I went to the game tonight - the first one I've caught this year - and for what it's worth JHS was easily the best player on the ice. I mean, MDC looked good, but Ho-Sang was just on another level. The OT winner was all him as well.

Just a couple other observations: Toews looked like Bridgeport's best D tonight. Not sure if that's a common occurrence but he looked impressive. Even Leduc looked pretty solid, which I thought was amusing considering the hate this guy has gotten around here.

Overall Bridgeport looks like a pretty strong team.

Thank You!

I've been beating the drum that we need to pay more attention to his development. He might well be our most underappreciated prospect!

Please Bridgeport attendees . . . keep us up to date on him. I live in South Florida so seeing him in person is not an option for me. If Bridgeport is going to be on the NHL Network in the future can someone post it?

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
As for Ho-Sang, if he's hanging around on the 4th line, I've gotta think he's given Thompson good reason to have him there. And it may have to do with a number of reasons, on and off the ice. We should all assume that 'tough love' is what the organization has decided on in his case anyways. For good reason...

At this point, no one in this organization should be given the benefit of the doubt when it comes to player development. Not even Thompson.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Bernier killing it. 12 points in 12 games. Taking the load off the kids which is what we wanted.

McAdam and Gibson are undefeated, 10-0 between the two.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Bernier killing it. 12 points in 12 games. Taking the load off the kids which is what we wanted.

McAdam and Gibson are undefeated, 10-0 between the two.

They just keep winning. Wish another team I knew could do that.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Ho-sang is on the fourth line and Dalcolle is putting up pedestrian numbers. Sounds about right to me. This franchise really struggles at developing talent. Strome has gone from a very good looking 50 point player to a disaster. Neslon plays like a you know what and Lee besides the last couple of games has been a complete no show. Get these clowns out of here already before they destroy Barzal and Beaviller.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
Ho-sang is on the fourth line and Dalcolle is putting up pedestrian numbers. Sounds about right to me. This franchise really struggles at developing talent. Strome has gone from a very good looking 50 point player to a disaster. Neslon plays like a you know what and Lee besides the last couple of games has been a complete no show. Get these clowns out of here already before they destroy Barzal and Beaviller.

yup. time to rebuild. to avoid disasters, we should just blow things up every 4 years. that way, we don't have time to suck the worstest of the worstestest... :sarcasm:

First Blood

The Greiss Is Right!
Feb 17, 2014
Bradenton, FL
yup. time to rebuild. to avoid disasters, we should just blow things up every 4 years. that way, we don't have time to suck the worstest of the worstestest... :sarcasm:

I can understand him being upset with the development of our younger players... That is one of my biggest issues with our organization

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
I can understand him being upset with the development of our younger players... That is one of my biggest issues with our organization

Not one player drafted since 08 has reached their potential. Let that sink in.

Even John Tavares.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
From what I gather through someone who has been at several games, Ho Sang looks legit, just is not getting enough ice time lately which may be why he's 4-6 points behind where he'd otherwise be. Dal Colle supposedly just looks bad and is not seeing the NHL anytime soon.

SDIsles34

Jul 19, 2010
From what I gather through someone who has been at several games, Ho Sang looks legit, just is not getting enough ice time lately which may be why he's 4-6 points behind where he'd otherwise be. Dal Colle supposedly just looks bad and is not seeing the NHL anytime soon.

Every goal highlight that I've seen from MDC was on 2 on 1 breaks... Not promising to start, hope things change.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island

I'd actually disagree on both points, i have been to six games. Ho-Sang has legit skill, tremendous with puck but a disaster without it right now. He needs to get a lot better in his own zone before he is here, last game for example he let defensemen get behind him 3 times for scoring chances that luckily werent finished. Dal Colle actually has gotten better each time, he is more involved physically and he can flat out score. He is kid who does nothing all night and you give him two chances and he ends with with 2 goals. He reminds me a bit of Rick Nash, very lanky but not as good a skater although his skating has been trashed its no where near as bad as its made out to be. Toews is really good, like Pelech but with more offensive upside(Pelech and Toews will replace Hickey and Dehann soon IMO) and some others that were noticable Johnston(tough kid who has improved his skating from last year) the Jones twins are excellent PK and energy players but dont know if they are NHL caliber and all the goalies(i cant imagine why we cant get rid of a goalie as all three Gibson, Mcadam and Williams all look like they can be NHL goalies)

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Toews is really good, like Pelech but with more offensive upside(Pelech and Toews will replace Hickey and Dehann soon IMO)

Thank you Derek . . . maybe others will now start to pay attention to him. I'm tired of being the only one who talks him up!

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
Thank you Derek . . . maybe others will now start to pay attention to him. I'm tired of being the only one who talks him up!

Toews is looking very good, but can he usurp the mighty Hickey?

when Hickey was a teenager, and wanted to practice his shot, his dad didn't buy him a net. he just hung some toilet paper from the garage door. good enough. and with 2-ply, it was used more than once. cost savings. good stuff! :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad