Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Toews with 4 assists in Bridgeport's 5-4 so win last night!

Sweet! 19 games . . . 2G and 12A for 2nd on the team in scoring.

8 assists in the last 6 games.

Time to hop aboard the Toewsssssssss Trainnnnnnn :handclap:

Last edited:

Shesty31

Jul 10, 2011
Connecticut
I know this is pretty late (and that I am a Rangers fan) but I went to the game on the 25th, and I echo what a lot of people here are already saying in the sense that Ho Sang looks like he is on a whole different level vs the other players in terms of talent. He has very soft mits & gets very creative with the puck, to which he can make almost any play happen. Only problem was that there was no finish, and I'm guessing that is a season long trend given the points he has scored so far.

I may be biased (graduated from QU) but Toews looks like the most polished defenseman as well, he didn't do anything over the top in the game, but he made the right plays and was good with the breakout. He also made some nice shots from the point that easily could of been deflected in. Only other standout was Pouliot on Wilkes-Barre.

Del Colle in all honesty wasn't that noticeable, made a good play or two but besides that I didnt really see him at all. Only one game though.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I know this is pretty late (and that I am a Rangers fan) but I went to the game on the 25th, and I echo what a lot of people here are already saying in the sense that Ho Sang looks like he is on a whole different level vs the other players in terms of talent. He has very soft mits & gets very creative with the puck, to which he can make almost any play happen. Only problem was that there was no finish, and I'm guessing that is a season long trend given the points he has scored so far.

I may be biased (graduated from QU) but Toews looks like the most polished defenseman as well, he didn't do anything over the top in the game, but he made the right plays and was good with the breakout. He also made some nice shots from the point that easily could of been deflected in. Only other standout was Pouliot on Wilkes-Barre.

Del Colle in all honesty wasn't that noticeable, made a good play or two but besides that I didnt really see him at all. Only one game though.

Thanks for the report!!

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
No Ho-Sang again tonight?

From @fornabaioctp

"McAdam vs. Berra. #BST Ho-Sang among the scratches tonight. (Effort, play away from puck, Thompson said.)"

Go Bridge!

scott99

May 13, 2005
No Ho-Sang again tonight?

From @fornabaioctp

"McAdam vs. Berra. #BST Ho-Sang among the scratches tonight. (Effort, play away from puck, Thompson said.)"

Go Bridge!
They won again, MacAdam is 6-0 with a 2.11 ga and a .924 sp. I think he is our 2nd best goalie prospect behind Sorokin. Always was impressed by his talent and thought he has been the best goalie in the 2014 & 2015 prospect games. Like Gibson and Berube a lot too, and Soderstrom is an excellent prospect as well, but MacAdam is really coming on.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
They won again, MacAdam is 6-0 with a 2.11 ga and a .924 sp. I think he is our 2nd best goalie prospect behind Sorokin. Always was impressed by his talent and thought he has been the best goalie in the 2014 & 2015 prospect games. Like Gibson and Berube a lot too, and Soderstrom is an excellent prospect as well, but MacAdam is really coming on.

I tend to agree with you about MacAdam. In the limited looks I had at Christopher Gibson while he was here for training camp and some relief appearances last year there was nothing eye catching about him.

I think I'll take another ride up to Bridgeport tonight (unless Google traffic tells me don't bother) to see what's cooking up there.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Don't really see the need for Berube is McAdam is playing this well.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Pulock is scratched. Played last night, playing tomorrow.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
I get a feeling that Brent Thompson will be the next head coach of the Islanders

i wouldn't be upset. he seems to command respect, and hold people accountable. not sure if he could play the same game with the Isles, but if we keep faltering, i would give it a go. keep Cappy as cheerleader, if we must. certainly wouldn't want him anywhere near the ST's. he would be complaining that he needs more vets... :shakehead

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Was at Bridgeport last night. Fairly full house this time (giving out light sabres on Star Wars Night helps). My biggest takeaway from last night was how Josh Ho-Sang seemed to respond to another benching. 2 assists and was playing a 200ft game with the first line. Stephon Williams was the other standout with the shutout. BST got off to a slow start. I don't think they had a SOG until after the 10 minute mark in the first period and Williams was sharp early until his team was able to shift momentum. Two goals for Travis St. Denis as well.

BST is tied for most points in the AHL and in the 2 games I've been to so far, playing very entertaining hockey.

Once again 50 minutes to drive the 47 miles from Bayside, Queens to Bridgeport Shorter travel time than my 18 mile drive to Barclays Center at 4:30pm any day of the week.

JPIsles21

Jul 9, 2006
I get a feeling that Brent Thompson will be the next head coach of the Islanders

This needs to happen soon. I'd give Thompson a chance to change our system into one that properly utilizes the players we have on the roster, as Capuano is incapable of adjustments. If Thompson gets the ship righted, great, and if not this gives us a chance to clean house entirely. One thing is for certain, this team is not going to be an upper echelon team with Capuano. The new owners need to see this, and act on it. They need to stop wasting time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad