Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion 2019-20 Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoIsles1

Sep 12, 2018
What’s going on with Holmstrom? He’s been out hurt for a while now. Not exactly shedding his reputation for being injury prone :(

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Fact of the day.

Bridgeport is tied for fourth lowest point total in the AHL out of 32 teams, only 4 points from the bottom. They also have 7, 6 and 2 games in hand over the 3 teams with lower point totals.

Tell me again why Thompson hasn't been fired?

Reactions: BTrotts19

Frankie41987

Feb 1, 2007
Kings Park
Fact of the day.

Bridgeport is tied for fourth lowest point total in the AHL out of 32 teams, only 4 points from the bottom. They also have 7, 6 and 2 games in hand over the 3 teams with lower point totals.

Lamoriello must like him for some reason

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
Fact of the day.

just a guess.

1. Prepping its players for the Island with defensive style of play
2. The contributions to the big club
3. Shaky goaltending.
4. Missing a key contributor in Ho Sang

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
just a guess.

3. Shaky goaltending.

Also, as much as it sucks to say, having a good AHL team isn't as important as the development of the individual players. Proper development doesn't always show up directly in stats.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
just a guess.

3. Shaky goaltending.
5. More man-games lost to injuries by veterans like Steve Bernier, Tanner Fritz and Thomas Hickey, than Tigers had ALL OF LAST YEAR.
6. The incredibly slow start of Kieffer Bellows.

Reactions: xECK29x

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Haven't they been winning more than not lately? At least that's what it feels like when I get the Instagram stories.

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Their goaltending admittedly has been bad. They still have many players on both offense and defense that should be solid AHL contributors.

Injuries happen to everyone. The ones affecting the Sound Tigers shouldn't be back breakers. As an example, how are the Penguins doing this year?

Hickey was not supposed to be on the team and the losses of Fritz and Bernier should not be insurmountable especially with some new additions and expected growth in returning players.
Thompson doesn't get a pass for a slow start by Bellows. If anything, he should be criticized for it just as he should for Wahlstrom's production this year in the AHL.

I'm not so knowledgeable or certain that I'm right on this topic. Those that see the glass as half full should ask themselves the same question.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Their goaltending admittedly has been bad. They still have many players on both offense and defense that should be solid AHL contributors.

Injuries happen to everyone. The ones affecting the Sound Tigers shouldn't be back breakers. As an example, how are the Penguins doing this year?

Hickey was not supposed to be on the team and the losses of Fritz and Bernier should not be insurmountable especially with some new additions and expected growth in returning players.
Thompson doesn't get a pass for a slow start by Bellows. If anything, he should be criticized for it just as he should for Wahlstrom's production this year in the AHL.

I'm not so knowledgeable or certain that I'm right on this topic. Those that see the glass as half full should ask themselves the same question.
Read Staple’s Athletic article from last week about some of the prospects in Bridgeport now. He addresses Wahlstrom and his lack of scoring down there. Wahlstrom was sent down with a message from Lou. Basically said they want hin to concentrate on his play away from the puck, that the organization knows he can score but let’s take care of a tendency he has to drift.

So maybe let’s not be so quick to rip Thompson and scream “he’s ruining another prospect” because a first rounder went down to the A and stopped scoring.

crasherino

May 9, 2013

But what about Bellows' hot streak? Shouldn't he get credit for that? I personally care a lot more about him improving and being hot and productive now as opposed to a slow start. Bellows has started to produce - as an Islander fan, I'd much rather see the curve going up. What were the reasons for his slow start? I dunno, but I don't care all that much if he's indeed producing and continues to do so.

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007
I guess Lou told him there's no market for you, come back to the AHL and rebuild your value.

Meanwhile this will help increase Sound Tigers ticket sales by a hundred.:sarcasm:

Yeah, I guess so too on the increase in Sound Tigers ticket sales! :D
Probably he apologized to the whole organization and especially Lou & Barry, otherwise, he would still be in the dog house!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad