Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion 2019-20 Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Why does this team play the same days as the Isles...it's annoying trying to watch both games. I don't like watching recordings!

Such a pain.

Recordings or delays are my favorite! I can watch an entire game in close to an hour instead of the 2.5 it normally takes.

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007
Well, there was and has been a discussion about Brent "no idea" Thompson on this board about developement and @MJF is probably the most positive about his pedigree, which I doubt strongly if I watch the development of Mr. WallE... Wally or simply Mr. Wahlström!

Brent Thompson is probably developing him on the defensive work-out, but offensively he struggles like everyone on this "juggernut" at the Bridge...

Last edited:

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Well, there was and has been a discussion about Brent "no idea" Thompson on this board about developement and @MJF is probably the most positive about his pedigree, which I doubt strongly if I watch the development of Mr. WallE... Wally or simply Mr. Wahlström!

Brent Thompson is probably developing him on the defensive work-out, but offensively he struggles like everyone on this "juggernut" at the Bridge...
How many games has Wahlstrom played for BST this season?

Wahlstrom was pretty good last season in his limited time for Thompson. Team made the playoffs when he was on 1st line with Koivula and Bellows. Was Thompson a shit coach then?

It’s not that I’m high, low, or indifferent about Brent Thompson. I just see a lot of people who look at the records of the last few years and not realize what’s going on behind it. It’s a lynch mob mentality here sometimes. Thompson is a leftover from incompetent Garth Snow so naturally we have to fire him too.

Reactions: xECK29x

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
I do believe that as with Capuano, Thompso can't develop talented forwards. Give him pluggers and grinders all day and he's fine. But anyone with legitimate talent will not reach their potential under him.
Ullstrom, Sundstrom, Ho-Sang, Bellows, Dal Colle. Even with guys like Wahlstrom, Jobst and Koivula...when they come in, they look great. Once Thompson has time with them, they start to degrade.

Carter Verhaege might be the best example. Bopping along as a middling forward under Thompson, moves to another org and becomes a PPG AHL player, earning an NHL spot with a stacked club.

Reactions: Rengi

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I do believe that as with Capuano, Thompso can't develop talented forwards. Give him pluggers and grinders all day and he's fine. But anyone with legitimate talent will not reach their potential under him.
Ullstrom, Sundstrom, Ho-Sang, Bellows, Dal Colle. Even with guys like Wahlstrom, Jobst and Koivula...when they come in, they look great. Once Thompson has time with them, they start to degrade.

Carter Verhaege might be the best example. Bopping along as a middling forward under Thompson, moves to another org and becomes a PPG AHL player, earning an NHL spot with a stacked club.
I think this is a huge stretch on your part. When is it on the player that he couldn’t make the next step? Is it possible that guys like Dal Colle and Bellows lack something in their game (skating in both their cases) that will keep them from ever finding success in the NHL? As for Ho-Sang the only thing that held him back was between his ears. All the benching, meetings with coaches, etc still haven’t been able to harness his talent.

And then for you to throw in Koivula, Wahlstrom and Jobst? How are they a poor reflection on Thompson. Koivula was successfully converted from wing to center mid season last year. The jury is still out on him. Jobst doesn’t really project as an NHLer IMO, and Wahlstrom has cooled off this season after an excellent training camp and then having his minutes sheltered by Barry Trotz (but while he was on a line with Bardreau and RJ he looked just fine even though he didn’t score).

Like I said, there’s a rush to scapegoat around here when somebody doesn’t develop. It has to be SOMEONE’S fault.

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007
BRIDGEPORT LINE-UP vs Utica Comets
Forwards:

Bourque-Stevens-Wahlstrom
Ladd-St. Denis-Kuhnhackl
Bellows-Kubiak-McDonald
Jobst-Koivula-Schilkey (Bardreau-scratch after warmup)

Defense:
Helgeson-Cornell
Wotherspoon-Burroughs
Aho-Hutton

Goal:
Coreau
Skarek

Last edited:
Reactions: dood

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007
John Stevens with his 2nd of the night, it'ssss a shooort-handed gooall! Sound Tigers up 3-0.

Note: It is the first short-handed goal by Bridgeport this season.

Last edited:

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007
Reid Boucher makes it 1 - 3, tying the franchise record of Utica with 75 goals and extending his point-streak to 9 games.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Ladd doesn't look bad. He still has his shot..you can tell he make better decisions compared to the others on the team.

Wahlstrom keeps flubbing the puck...seems too soft when handling the puck...The agility is there..just not the stickiness...he knocks the puck off himself.

I'd like to call up Burroughs and see what he can do. He deserves a shot if we have more injuries.

Aho looks good except he glides to the blue line after he makes the breakout pass...kind of annoys me.

Reactions: Rengi

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007
SCORING
1st
10:21
317.png
6458.jpg

Travis St. Denis (4)
Nick Schilkey (4), Otto Koivula (5)
(PP)
14:44
317.png
6675.jpg

John Stevens (2)
Kyle Burroughs (2), Colin McDonald (9)
16:40
317.png
6675.jpg

John Stevens (3)
None
(SH)
18:24
390.png
4552.jpg

Reid Boucher (19)
Sven Baertschi (18), Brogan Rafferty (19)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PENALTIES
1st
09:02
390.png
Bench , Served by Seamus Malone Bench minor - Too many men, 2 min PP
11:56
390.png
Seamus Malone Tripping, 2 min PP
16:16
317.png
Mike Cornell Hooking, 2 min PP
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007
3:04 left in 2nd period, Sebastian Aho got tangled up with a Comets player - to the box for holding.

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007
Kieffer Bellows with the 4-1. Aho out of the box feeds Bellows on his 6th of the year!

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007
SCORING
1st
10:21
317.png
6458.jpg

Travis St. Denis (4)
Nick Schilkey (4), Otto Koivula (5)
(PP)
14:44
317.png
6675.jpg

John Stevens (2)
Kyle Burroughs (2), Colin McDonald (9)
16:40
317.png
6675.jpg

John Stevens (3)
None
(SH)
18:24
390.png
4552.jpg

Reid Boucher (19)
Sven Baertschi (18), Brogan Rafferty (19)
2nd
19:05
317.png
7188.jpg

Kieffer Bellows (6)
Sebastian Aho (14), Seth Helgeson (5)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PENALTIES
1st
09:02
390.png
Bench , Served by Seamus Malone Bench minor - Too many men, 2 min PP
11:56
390.png
Seamus Malone Tripping, 2 min PP
16:16
317.png
Mike Cornell Hooking, 2 min PP
2nd
04:15
390.png
Vincent Arseneau , Served by Seamus Malone Charging, 2 min PP
390.png
Vincent Arseneau , Served by Seamus Malone Boarding, 2 min PP
390.png
Vincent Arseneau Misconduct - Abuse of officials, 10 min
10:43
317.png
Tom Kuhnhackl Cross-checking, 2 min PP
16:56
317.png
Sebastian Aho Holding, 2 min PP
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007
Kieffer Bellows to the box for cross-checking, we're on the kill for.

Utica scores and has 14 consecutive games with a PP goal... 2 - 4. 12:21 remaining in 3rd.

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007
Oliver Wahlstrom to the box with 3:55 remaining for tripping. :facepalm:
Utica pulls the goalie and Stevens with 2 occasions to put it into the empty net, but could not get it to go...

Carter Camper with the powerplay goal to reduce the Sound Tigers lead to just one goal. 4-3 with 2:01 left.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad