Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion 2019-20 Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007
Is Holmstrom injured? He’s missed the last couple of games right?
Yes, he is banged up.

Jakub Skarek made 29 saves on 34 shots for Bridgeport. Jared Coreau, who left Friday night’s 4-1 home win over Springfield with a lower-body issue, backed up Saturday. Christopher Gibson (lower body) remained out, part of a Bridgeport injured list that had been dwindling in the past few weeks but is now growing again.

"Forwards Cole Bardreau and Simon Holmstrom are among those apparently banged up in recent weeks. Defenseman Thomas Hickey (upper body) also sat out for Bridgeport (8-12-3-1), which remained a point ahead of Charlotte to stay out of last place in the Atlantic Division."

Full article:
Sound Tigers’ streak ends in loss to Penguins

Reactions: BarzyClub

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
Yes, he is banged up.

Jakub Skarek made 29 saves on 34 shots for Bridgeport. Jared Coreau, who left Friday night’s 4-1 home win over Springfield with a lower-body issue, backed up Saturday. Christopher Gibson (lower body) remained out, part of a Bridgeport injured list that had been dwindling in the past few weeks but is now growing again

Full article:
Sound Tigers’ streak ends in loss to Penguins
Thanks for clearing that up about Holmstrom, Rengi.

I was thinking that they were getting him ready for the WJC and want him to be healthy for that.

Reactions: Rengi

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
If memory serves me correctly, wasnt Hickey pretty durable in the NHL? Since hes been demoted, the kid cant stay healthy. I'm hoping he can get back to full strength there and be a reliable veteran for our farm team.

Reactions: Rengi

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
If memory serves me correctly, wasnt Hickey pretty durable in the NHL? Since hes been demoted, the kid cant stay healthy. I'm hoping he can get back to full strength there and be a reliable veteran for our farm team.
He’s had multiple concussions in the last 2 years.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Whoever wants to claim him is welcome to him and his $1.4M cap hit.

I can’t believe we’re gonna be at the point where Lou os worried about losing Michael Dal Colle.

It's a $700k AAV though, so it's not a huge deal. Can't get players for much cheaper than that.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
At only 5 million this season does Andrew Ladd make more than the rest of the team combined ? Even including Hickeys salary ?

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
5-4 Shootout win for the Tigers tonight.
Bellows with a goal (#4), Lorito, Schilkey and Hutton with the other goals.
Wahlstrom with the lone shootout goal.
Coreau in net stopped 27 of 31 shots

Reactions: xECK29x and dood

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
5-4 Shootout win for the Tigers tonight.
Bellows with a goal (#4), Lorito, Schilkey and Hutton with the other goals.
Wahlstrom with the lone shootout goal.
Coreau in net stopped 27 of 31 shots
Glad to see the healthy scratching has served as a kick in the a** for Bellows.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
How has Wilde been playing? I see he has been in 4 games. Did he play tonight? Just a Wilde fan wondering if he is holding his own. Looks like they have been playing him every 7 days or so. Has he looked fully healed from his injury?

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Anyone watching how Wally has played since going down to Bridgeport? I can’t put my finger on it but something seems to be missing with that kid. You can see the skill. He has a quick release to go along with a great wrister and good one timer. His skating is above average and he has good size. Maybe it’s just confidence or bad coaching I don’t know.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
I will unleash this very unpopular opinion here.....

We were screwed no matter who we signed

Ladd
Okposo
Nielsen

All have been awful. It's now a battle for the bottom, sort of like the Sabres tried a few years ago.

well then just be thankful we didn't sign two of them or all three.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Why does this team play the same days as the Isles...it's annoying trying to watch both games. I don't like watching recordings!

Such a pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad