Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion 2019-20 Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

skipjack

May 1, 2016
Stockholm, SWE
First off, really nice to see Islanders doing great - a team that I really like.

About Sound Tigers: how are Sebastian Aho doing? Seems like he's put up some points this season, at least.
But no call upp to Islanders. Do you guys see him starting the Isles top 6 next season or how far has he come?
I reckon agile and smart defensemen (as I consider Aho to be) is starting to be more the modern d-men. Thoughts someone?

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
First off, really nice to see Islanders doing great - a team that I really like.

About Sound Tigers: how are Sebastian Aho doing? Seems like he's put up some points this season, at least.
But no call upp to Islanders. Do you guys see him starting the Isles top 6 next season or how far has he come?
I reckon agile and smart defensemen (as I consider Aho to be) is starting to be more the modern d-men. Thoughts someone?

We don't know. There's speculation nyi may move Leddy for a top 6 forward and then hold a competition for the LD slot between aho, vande sompel, and wotherspoon. Most of us think Aho is likely to win that competition. But until Leddy is moved there's a logjam at LD. Aho's all around game isn't as good as Toews. Pelech has been a defensive beast. We are just going to have to wait and see.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland

Aho is someone the islanders really like from everything i have read from islanders insiders who follow the team. Aho did not get called up because the islanders defensman played really well this season. Towes another very good young defenseman got called up in Decemeber after Hickey got hurt and never lost his spot as he played after Hickey came back as Towes played so well. Some here who watch Bridgeport say Aho was even better then Towes in Bridgeport. Time will tell but i definitely think Aho is a part of the islanders future. More then likely next season.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Aho is someone the islanders really like from everything i have read from islanders insiders who follow the team. Aho did not get called up because the islanders defensman played really well this season. Towes another very good young defenseman got called up in Decemeber after Hickey got hurt and never lost his spot as he played after Hickey came back as Towes played so well. Some here who watch Bridgeport say Aho was even better then Towes in Bridgeport. Time will tell but i definitely think Aho is a part of the islanders future. More then likely next season.
Aho is legit offensively probably better than Toews in that aspect but isn’t the all around guy Toews is yet. Aho could be replacement for Leddy definitely as IMO he is definitely top four nhl material.

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
From what I saw when he was last up,the kid has talent that’s for sure. My only concern was he’s kind of small haven’t seen him at all this year maybe someone who watches the BST can chime in on how he handles the physicality of the game.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA

The expansion draft is a problem. It's good to keep AHO off the roster until next season so we don't have to protect him. I doubt that's the reason he isn't up but he has a solid future starting next year with the Islanders. Definetly the first call up or injury replacement but I expect him to make the opening day roster. His role will increase even more if they trade Hickey.

24diving

Apr 5, 2013
suffolk, long island
The expansion draft is a problem. It's good to keep AHO off the roster until next season so we don't have to protect him. I doubt that's the reason he isn't up but he has a solid future starting next year with the Islanders. Definetly the first call up or injury replacement but I expect him to make the opening day roster. His role will increase even more if they trade Hickey.
How does keeping him in Bridgeport protect him from the expansion draft?

Reactions: dano16 and Macch

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
How does keeping him in Bridgeport protect him from the expansion draft?

It doesn't. Probably just misunderstood the draft. Aho would need to be protected. To be ineligible, the player - I believe - has to be on an ELC and accrued 2 years or less time as a professional. That will be after Aho's 3rd year as a pro.

Reactions: dood and CupHolders

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
We haven’t seen Ladd in months. He will be the least physically beat up when he eventually returns. He was playing well before he went down.

No he wasn't. In fact, I think his absence was a pretty big reason why we won this series at all, never mind in a sweep. I think we lose with him in the lineup.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Can't remember the last time we had this much talent in the A. Wahlstrom, JHS, Koivula, Bellows, Aho, MVS, Spoon. Doesn't even include MDC who I think is traveling with the big squad(IIRC).

It feels really weird having a successful NHL team along with a successful AHL team that is chock full of talent. Doesn't even include arguably our three best prospects either(Dobson, Sorokin, Wilde).

Life is good right now.

**BTW, can anyone who attends a lot of BST games tell me how Rathgeb looked this year? Before the season started I was interested to see how he would progress this year.

Reactions: dood

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
It doesn't. Probably just misunderstood the draft. Aho would need to be protected. To be ineligible, the player - I believe - has to be on an ELC and accrued 2 years or less time as a professional. That will be after Aho's 3rd year as a pro.
My bad. That is not good. At least he's hidden in Bridgeport.
I guess it's time to tell Seattle how much Aho really sucks as a hockey player and is a malcontent.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
My bad. That is not good. At least he's hidden in Bridgeport.
I guess it's time to tell Seattle how much Aho really sucks as a hockey player and is a malcontent.
it will hurt, losing a good player, but i'd rather we had a plethora of good quality players to choose from. shows that our management are doing a great job, and also bodes well for us, that we still have lots of good options, moving forward.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
I don't think any decisions now need to be made based on the Seattle expansion draft.

Just accept that we're losing a very good player, one way or the other. If you don't want to lose a guy for nothing, then move him or another before Seattle takes him for free.

What I definitely DON'T want to see another stupid-ass move like the one Snow made for his buddy McPhee. Still makes me friggin' sick to my stomach thinking about that.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
I don't think any decisions now need to be made based on the Seattle expansion draft.

Just accept that we're losing a very good player, one way or the other. If you don't want to lose a guy for nothing, then move him or another before Seattle takes him for free.

What I definitely DON'T want to see another stupid-ass move like the one Snow made for his buddy McPhee. Still makes me friggin' sick to my stomach thinking about that.
Lou is not Snow thank God. That was really a steal by Vegas.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Did you copy a post from February?
Other then brief spurts,Ladd has not been good this season.

And the argument that Ladd supporters use,that he is adding veteran on ice leadership ,flies out the window after the recent Pens/Isles series.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018

Just awful asset management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad