Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion 2019-20 Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ettlinger

Sep 13, 2005

It looks like both Carpenter and Wahlstrom are in today. Well Wahlstrom is, Carpenter isn't.

Last edited:

Frankie41987

Feb 1, 2007
Kings Park
Is anyone else watching this game? I can’t find the lines listed anywhere but It looks to me like Wahlstrom is playing LW, which is weird.

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
Brent Thompson on Oliver Wahlstrom’s pro debut: “Wahlstrom did some really good things out there. You can see the offensive instincts. You can see the poise with the puck, the creativity. He’s obviously a guy who can shoot; I think he had four or five attempted shots, and one registered on net. For me he was one of the positives of the game, came in, competed hard, won some wall battles and was pretty reliable, pretty strong on the puck. That’s a positive. We’ll build from there.”
From Wahlstrom: “Pucks didn’t bounce for us today, but it was a good first experience,” he said. “It’s a different pace from college, a little higher tempo. It’s a playoff push for all the teams, but I thought it was a good tempo out there.”

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
Is the Bridgeport powerplay really 3 for the last 49? That's kind of demoralizing considering all of the power play struggles on the big club. Hopefully Lou mandates that Wahlstrom get some power play time right away.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Is the Bridgeport powerplay really 3 for the last 49? That's kind of demoralizing considering all of the power play struggles on the big club. Hopefully Lou mandates that Wahlstrom get some power play time right away.
Michael Dal Colle was one of their PPs best producers. Hurts BST that he’s not there now.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Brent Thompson on Oliver Wahlstrom’s pro debut: “Wahlstrom did some really good things out there. You can see the offensive instincts. You can see the poise with the puck, the creativity. He’s obviously a guy who can shoot; I think he had four or five attempted shots, and one registered on net. For me he was one of the positives of the game, came in, competed hard, won some wall battles and was pretty reliable, pretty strong on the puck. That’s a positive. We’ll build from there.”
From Wahlstrom: “Pucks didn’t bounce for us today, but it was a good first experience,” he said. “It’s a different pace from college, a little higher tempo. It’s a playoff push for all the teams, but I thought it was a good tempo out there.”
He had good game he was very involved for his first pro game, he had puck a lot and attempted a lot of shots. He is a shooter which this team needs he always looked to shoot today.

BallinPB

Dec 18, 2018
Who on the current roster will make the big leagues next year?

I really would like to see Koivula and Aho make the jump for good.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
If Hickey and /or Leddy are traded I can def see Aho

I don’t have any problem with Koivula getting nice and ripe. This is his first year playing center and he’s still learning but seems to have adjusted Walt well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad