Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Continue the discussion here.

Previous thread: Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion 2018-19

Last Post:
I don’t think Ladd is lazy defender he takes to many penalties for tripping, holding I just think he isn’t same skater and player he was that said he is going to get his spot back when he returns it’s just the way Trotz and Lou usually run things. Trotz said Ladd isn’t ready anyway so MDC should be back at least when break ends.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Last night’s win against Lehigh Valley put the Sound Tigers back in 2nd place over the Phantoms. LV has a game in hand though. The rematch is on Friday back at Bridgeport.

It would be nice to have both the Islanders and the Sound Tigers make the playoffs in the same year.

DalGoal4Cups

Meet me at Belmont
Dec 4, 2011
It would be great Tigers and Isles in the playoffs! MDC had a lot of good scoring chances last night. The entire team played great. They outclassed LV the entire game, out shot them substantially. Carter Hart had a great game. Kids got talent.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
It would be great Tigers and Isles in the playoffs! MDC had a lot of good scoring chances last night. The entire team played great. They outclassed LV the entire game, out shot them substantially. Carter Hart had a great game. Kids got talent.
In the other thread I said I thought the Bellows-St Denis-Fritz line had the best night. Created a lot of chances, played well in both ends of the ice, and were just buzzing all over the place. I hope Kieffer Bellows is waking up from his month long funk.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
In the other thread I said I thought the Bellows-St Denis-Fritz line had the best night. Created a lot of chances, played well in both ends of the ice, and were just buzzing all over the place. I hope Kieffer Bellows is waking up from his month long funk.
Bellows I’d have to say was ok even without scoring, he works hard and plays hard. He has a nice edge to his game which is nice to have in a skill player. In ultimate world he could be a Marchand type of offensive pest player.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Is the A playoff format the same as the NHL because this team is sliding out of contention. What is the cause, I hope it's not just because Toews and MDC are up with the Isles.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Is the A playoff format the same as the NHL because this team is sliding out of contention. What is the cause, I hope it's not just because Toews and MDC are up with the Isles.
Terrible/awful at times goaltending is largest culprit watching most of the games. Smith was good other night but then he will get pulled next start. Gibson has not been good at all for most of year other than a good ten game stretch in middle of year. Losing Soderstrom hurt a lot i believe as they counted on him pushing Gibson. Losing Toews and MDC hurts also and then JHS has been terrible pouting self since he returned. The did before when they were winning but they lack a number one center which is even important at this level.

Reactions: BTrotts19 and MJF

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
I'm curious why so many on the board follow the AHL standings. Don't get me wrong I would prefer Bridge make the playoffs over missing them. But the main focus is on player development and getting players to the next level. I'm not saying winning and development are mutually exclusive but I want to see the young players get the tough minutes, play on the power play and penalty kill. And if that holds them back from playoff success so be it. The number 1 job of Bridge is development.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
The D zone structure is a little different in Bridgeport.

MDC said the above in Staple's latest article in the Athletic. Shouldn't Isles and Sound Tigers be playing the same system?

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
I'm curious why so many on the board follow the AHL standings. Don't get me wrong I would prefer Bridge make the playoffs over missing them. But the main focus is on player development and getting players to the next level. I'm not saying winning and development are mutually exclusive but I want to see the young players get the tough minutes, play on the power play and penalty kill. And if that holds them back from playoff success so be it. The number 1 job of Bridge is development.
You are kidding yourself if you don't think a winning culture contributes to player development. Playoffs gives our AHL prospects more opportunities to play

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
In their 17 year history the Sound Tigers have missed the playoffs more than they made it. They last made the playoffs 3 years ago. It's good for player development to have them in a playoff situation, even if it's just the minor leagues.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
You are kidding yourself if you don't think a winning culture contributes to player development. Playoffs gives our AHL prospects more opportunities to play

I think you totally missed my point. Of course a winning culture is important but not at the expense of development. Go look at the recent AHL champs and let me know how the parent team has done in the NHL playoffs. I don't think you will be able to make a correlation between winning at the AHL level and NHL success.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Kid has played great since his move to center. Underrated prospect.
He is very much a player like Filpulla he isn’t a good skater and needs to improve in that department but in organization that lacks center prospects he really has separated himself from other prospects from that standpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad