Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion 2019-20 Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
Other then brief spurts,Ladd has not been good this season.

And the argument that Ladd supporters use,that he is adding veteran on ice leadership ,flies out the window after the recent Pens/Isles series.

Guys it was from February/maybe March when Ladd was returning. He is since out for the season. I am not a Ladd supporter but an Islander supporter who was hopeful at the time of his return he was fresh legs and would contribute as I suppose Trotz was as well. Obviously that hasn’t been the case and he is done for the season.

That said, it will be a topic next season if or when he is healthy with that salary.

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
What I definitely DON'T want to see another stupid-ass move like the one Snow made for his buddy McPhee. Still makes me friggin' sick to my stomach thinking about that.

Not to defend Snow (never will) but many GMs made terrible side deals in the Vegas draft. Most experts say Seattle will be in tough because of the Vegas experience, as GMs will likely jut take their chances in the draft rather than try to protect players.

I think our decision comes down to forwards. Who do we protect out of Bellows, MDC and Koivula (assuming our protection list is Bailey, Lee, Nelson, Barzal, Beauvillier and Cizikas)?
On defense, we are likely to lose a player, as we will likely protect Pulock, Pelech and Toews, exposing Mayfield, Aho and Hickey.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Not to defend Snow (never will) but many GMs made terrible side deals in the Vegas draft. Most experts say Seattle will be in tough because of the Vegas experience, as GMs will likely jut take their chances in the draft rather than try to protect players.

I think our decision comes down to forwards. Who do we protect out of Bellows, MDC and Koivula (assuming our protection list is Bailey, Lee, Nelson, Barzal, Beauvillier and Cizikas)?
On defense, we are likely to lose a player, as we will likely protect Pulock, Pelech and Toews, exposing Mayfield, Aho and Hickey.

I would still rather trade a player and/or pick to have Seattle pick Ladd and maintain our young d-corps.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I think the lesson from the last expansion draft is: protect your essential players, do your best with the rest, accumulate depth, and don't worry. Giving away high draft picks just delays the pain, and you should only do it if you can't protect really valuable assets. If that's true, you must feel you've got a cup-level contention roster. The expansion draft is designed to result in a competitive team. There's no getting around it. Everybody loses players, and some teams will make mistakes (Columbus). Just don't be Florida (March AND Smith) or Minnesota (Haula and Tuch). If you're a really good team (Washington) you could end up giving up a really good player (Schmidt), but you survive.

SI

Feb 16, 2013

Expansion is not for another 2 seasons, lots can change

Casey will be a UFA that offseason
I would leave Bailey unprotected

7 F's - Barzal Beau Lee Nelson (whoever is signed in his stead) Panarin (or top 6 brought in this offseason) Koivula (if he keeps trending) that leaves one more spot

3 D's - Toews Pulock and then choice between Leddy (if he is still here) or Pelech

Reactions: The Real JT

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
From what I saw when he was last up,the kid has talent that’s for sure. My only concern was he’s kind of small haven’t seen him at all this year maybe someone who watches the BST can chime in on how he handles the physicality of the game.

A good comp for Aho is Visnovsky. In today's game more than ever a good stick handling smaller D can play. Torey Krug isn't the biggest guy.

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Expansion is not for another 2 seasons, lots can change

Casey will be a UFA that offseason
I would leave Bailey unprotected

7 F's - Barzal Beau Lee Nelson (whoever is signed in his stead) Panarin (or top 6 brought in this offseason) Koivula (if he keeps trending) that leaves one more spot

3 D's - Toews Pulock and then choice between Leddy (if he is still here) or Pelech

Two years from now is a long time, but I think you are spot on.

I would guess that Leddy will be the odd man out. At that point, he will have 1 more year left on his contract at $7M before he hits UFA at age 31.

His main attribute is skating and it is hard to imagine giving him a costly multiyear contract at that age. He is difficult to replace on the current roster but I suspect trading him in the next 1 to 2 years would be the best move.

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
Can we make a separate thread for expansion draft and please leave this to the Sound Tigers who are headed to the playoffs!!!

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Kiefer Bellows scores on the PP. brings the Sound Tigers to 2-1. 5:30 left in the 2nd.

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
Bellows scores in the second to get a goal in his first pro playoff game. Bridgeport trails 2-1. Koivula very involved.

Of course, the PP is pretty bad. 1 for 5 and gave up a shorty.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Bellows scores in the second to get a goal in his first pro playoff game. Bridgeport trails 2-1. Koivula very involved.

Of course, the PP is pretty bad. 1 for 5 and gave up a shorty.
The Sound Tigers have been the better team through 2 periods. If not for a disputed goal this is a tie game. Credit to Ilya Samsonov for keeping Hershey from being blown out.

Lights911

Dec 5, 2017
Long Island
The Sound Tigers have been the better team through 2 periods. If not for a disputed goal this is a tie game. Credit to Ilya Samsonov for keeping Hershey from being blown out.
Who’s in net for the Sound Tigers? Seems as if goaltending and the power play have been their two weaknesses all year, also how was Bellows’ goal?

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Who’s in net for the Sound Tigers? Seems as if goaltending and the power play have been their two weaknesses all year, also how was Bellows’ goal?
Gibson.

Bellows scored from the low slot. Was surrounded by 3 guys and nobody checked him.

Reactions: Lights911
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad