Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
Honestly, did we expect any less?

Why do teams still think that KHL players willingly want to go to the AHL? They come to America to play in the NHL, not the minors. Unless you’re certain he’s making the team, then don’t bother signing him because you’re just wasting the players time.
if it were Snow at the helm, i bet Kovar would be "back in the U.S.S.R.". Snow did not come across as a very good communicator.

i would bet that L&T smooth talked Kovar into hanging around for a bit. collect his NHL salary, while biding his time. hell, if i were Jan, i would stick around under these conditions.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Oh, I'll be pretty pissed off if he left for Europe.
Why? While he is obligated to honour his contract, I don’t think he will. He is used to playing in a men’s league, flying to games, not playing in a foreign country wth young kids bussing around half the time. The 2 mill contract will just get voided.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Honestly, did we expect any less?

Why do teams still think that KHL players willingly want to go to the AHL? They come to America to play in the NHL, not the minors. Unless you’re certain he’s making the team, then don’t bother signing him because you’re just wasting the players time.
He will be on a flight back to Russia soon.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Why? While he is obligated to honour his contract, I don’t think he will. He is used to playing in a men’s league, flying to games, not playing in a foreign country wth young kids bussing around half the time. The 2 mill contract will just get voided.

I'll be annoyed he wasn't given more looks on the NHL roster. I liked what I saw from him.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I am assuming Stevens and Lorito are on IR to start the season -
My take on the lines

Bellows - st. Denis - Ho-Sang
Bourque - Bourque - Sislo
Dal Colle - Eansor - Bernier
Hitchcock - Jones - Holmstrom
Gaudreau - Kubiak - Koivula
Turcotte

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
With the current roster, i'm almost more excited for BP this season than the Isles

The Real JT

Louie louie, oh no, me gotta go
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
6-3 lost to Lehigh Valley tonight. Down 5-1 until the Tigers scored twice in 17 seconds with 9 minutes left in the third. Bellows, VandeSompel and DalColle (not a typo) with the goals. 2 helpers for HoSang.
Hold off on the Calder Cup talk.

Reactions: SI90

SI

Feb 16, 2013
One thing I also liked is that Ho-Sang got off 3 shots. My biggest gripe with him was that he didn't shoot the puck enough, so it's good he was able to shoot a little more.

Also Dal colle had 3 shots - that was a big thing last season - he wasn't generating enough shots -

I also like Hitchcock at C.

They lost, but some good signs

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Reading Fornabiao article it seems like the score was not a representation of the game.

That’s good. What were the lines?

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Reading Fornabiao article it seems like the score was not a representation of the game.

That’s good. What were the lines?

From Fornabiao:
F: C.Bourque-St. Denis-Sislo
Bellows-Hitchcock-Bernier (A)
Dal Colle – Jones – Ho-Sang
R.Bourque-Eansor-Koivula
D: Toews-Burroughs (C)
Wotherspoon-Aho
Helgeson (A)-Vande Sompel
G: Gibson
Smith

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
From Fornabiao:
R.Bourque-Eansor-Koivula
Wotherspoon-Aho
Smith
Excellent lineup

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
From Fornabiao:
R.Bourque-Eansor-Koivula
Wotherspoon-Aho
Smith
I didn't know that Burroughs is the captain. That's awesome.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
I didn't know that Burroughs is the captain. That's awesome.

Kyle Burroughs and Ben Holmstrom are co-captains, but there wasn't an announcement as to how they would divide wearing the "C" other than Thompson saying it was on a game by game basis. Oddly, the "A"s don't change no matter who the captain of the game is.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
No score after the first period in the game against Hershey. BST controlled play for most of the period but Hershey came on in the final five minutes or so. Ho-Sang and Dal Colle are playing together and look really great. JHS had a couple of one timers from the left circle when BST had the puck in the Hershey end for about a minute and Dal Colle rung one off the post on a partial break. Bellows also had a good scoring chance on a two on one. On the defensive side, no one really stood out but I thought Wotherspoon had a strong period. Couple of scoring chances from the point and nice defensive plays.

On a side note, I think I’m going to be getting the AHL TV package for the BST games and I highly recommend others get it too if you’re interested in following the team and can afford the $60. I wasn’t expecting much more than what we get in preseason streams with the poor camera work and single camera, but it’s actually more in between the preseason coverage an NHL coverage. They’ve got multiple cameras to work with and they follow the game well. Quality is actually pretty good as well and there hasn’t been a single instance of lag or anything like that at all.

Reactions: Sheva7 and Macch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad