Filip Forsberg vs Marner

Filip Forsberg vs Marner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JohnnyBerts

Oct 30, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
For Marner:
Marner career reg season 1.1 ppg, Forsberg 0.87 and in playoffs Marner 0.88 ppg to Forsbergs 0.73. Marner's also been more consistent whereas Forsberg has had some inconsistencies through the years.

For Forsberg:
Elite scorer, able to play physical, plays a type of game that's not easy to find and gets to those dirty areas. Also hasn't had the benefit to play on as good of a team as Marner's played on.

Going forward? Rather have Forsberg for the next 3 years, but if I have to pick one for the next 8 years I would take Marner - 3 years younger.

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
You and this reflect the lack of objective analysis bigtime and I'm being polite here.
I reflect the frustration of a fanbase whose team has been bounced from the playoffs in the first round 7 out of 8 times in the Marner era. In a vacuum, my initial reply in this thread would have been different.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I reflect the frustration of a fanbase whose team has been bounced from the playoffs in the first round 7 out of 8 times in the Marner era. In a vacuum, my initial reply in this thread would have been different.
Player comparisons don't mean very much if they aren't done in a vacuum though.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Marner in toronto is basically kessel 2015 right now

His name is mud, he is viewed as a cancer and choker

Part of it is deserved and part exaggerated

I do wonder if he gets dealt if he can win a cup or two as a 3rd/4th best player role on a team and rebuild his legacy/brand

He will lose polls to lower tier players like FF for now

I think the Pens, Knights, Seattle or Preds could be good fits for him to slit in as a key buy not top 2 player
I've been wondering this too.

Put him on a team like Colorado or Cats these playoffs, he probably has more success. He isn't a guy who is capable of being a top two or three player on his own team come April.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Marner in toronto is basically kessel 2015 right now

His name is mud, he is viewed as a cancer and choker

Part of it is deserved and part exaggerated

I do wonder if he gets dealt if he can win a cup or two as a 3rd/4th best player role on a team and rebuild his legacy/brand

He will lose polls to lower tier players like FF for now

I think the Pens, Knights, Seattle or Preds could be good fits for him to slit in as a key buy not top 2 player
You cant be the 3rd or 4th best player on a team with his cap hit. That team wont have a chance

Reactions: Conbon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad