Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
That's intriguing. What are the blackout rules for AHL teams? Anyone know if it's the same, and if so, how to check if you're in the market?

Edit: Just found the answer

Last edited:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Might get that AHL Live; BST are worth watching a lot of this year

It's $60 for a single team, so it's not a bad deal at all. I might have to get it to watch some prospects so I know a bit more about them.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
It's $60 for a single team, so it's not a bad deal at all. I might have to get it to watch some prospects so I know a bit more about them.
Yeah I wouldn't get the whole league, I'd imagine for the 60 I'd probably catch a dozen games and that's worth it.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Kabanov nino petrov hosang are all tearing up the league for the islanders right now too and strome sucked ever since he was sent down during that first season at Barclays
Nino only played 6 games under Thompson. Strome only played 8. Kabanov did not play any games under Thompson. These guys all played mostly (or entirely in Kabanov's case) under Pellerin. And Petrov only played 13 games under Thompson.

I fail to see how any of those are on Thompson. And Lou says he is very happy with Ho-Sang's development and wants it to continue as it has, so I don't see the problem there either.

Last edited:
Reactions: PROMputt

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I wonder how they line up - with so many bodies down there - assuming Gionta signs with Bridgeport and one of Johnston and Kovar are sent down -

Certain Top 9-
Bourque Fritz Sislo
Bellows Kovar Ho-Sang
Lorito Gionta Bernier

Other lines
Dal Colle St. Denis Eansor
Bourque Jones Holmstrom
Hitchcock Stevens Koivula

Some deserving guys won't make the cut and will have to play in Missouri

Isle1966

Nov 18, 2003
With our defence in Bridgeport it has the making of a team going deep into the playoffs, LL strikes again with key signings for the team.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
With our defence in Bridgeport it has the making of a team going deep into the playoffs, LL strikes again with key signings for the team.

I just hope it’s the prospects who are the ones playing in key roles. That’s development for me.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Certain Top 9-
Bourque Fritz Sislo
Bellows Kovar Ho-Sang
Lorito Gionta Bernier

Other lines
Bourque Jones Holmstrom

Gonna be a very exciting farm team this year.

The mix between established 50-point AHL players and up-n-coming prospects could have Bridgeport fielding the best offense in the league.

We have a lot of our own drafted or signed players there, making it even more interesting.

But at this point I'd be surprised to see
A) Gionta signed
B) Kovar in the AHL (believe he shoots straight back to the KHL if he's not on the Island)
C) Hitchcock in the AHL

My guess is that we'll see the Bourques together on a line to kick things off, with Ryan actually up the middle. Like you, I also think management will be pairing Bellows and Ho-Sang together, perhaps also together with Fritz.

I'm also expecting a move or two.

Otherwise, here's what I'm currently thinking we should get ready for:
Bourque-Bourque-Sislo
Bellows-Fritz-HoSang
Lorito-St. Denis-Bernier
Dal Colle-Eansor-Koivula
Jones-Stevens-Holmstrom

I've liked what I've seen from Hitchcock. If he's in BPort, it's gotta be at the expense of a career minor-leaguer type.

If the NYI do as I expect with respect to the blueline, Toews will be starting things off on the farm. Not a problem in light of him only having played 30 games last season.

But if he, Aho, Vande Sompel, Wootherspoon, Helgeson, Burroughs, and Rathgeb are in the A, then a kid like Quenneville will need t start things off in the E.

Isn't our ECHL affiliate in Worcester or Manchester nowadays?

Reactions: SI

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Gonna be a very exciting farm team this year.

The mix between established 50-point AHL players and up-n-coming prospects could have Bridgeport fielding the best offense in the league.

We have a lot of our own drafted or signed players there, making it even more interesting.

But at this point I'd be surprised to see
A) Gionta signed
B) Kovar in the AHL (believe he shoots straight back to the KHL if he's not on the Island)
C) Hitchcock in the AHL

My guess is that we'll see the Bourques together on a line to kick things off, with Ryan actually up the middle. Like you, I also think management will be pairing Bellows and Ho-Sang together, perhaps also together with Fritz.

I'm also expecting a move or two.

Otherwise, here's what I'm currently thinking we should get ready for:
Bourque-Bourque-Sislo
Bellows-Fritz-HoSang
Lorito-St. Denis-Bernier
Dal Colle-Eansor-Koivula
Jones-Stevens-Holmstrom

I've liked what I've seen from Hitchcock. If he's in BPort, it's gotta be at the expense of a career minor-leaguer type.

If the NYI do as I expect with respect to the blueline, Toews will be starting things off on the farm. Not a problem in light of him only having played 30 games last season.

But if he, Aho, Vande Sompel, Wootherspoon, Helgeson, Burroughs, and Rathgeb are in the A, then a kid like Quenneville will need t start things off in the E.

Isn't our ECHL affiliate in Worcester or Manchester nowadays?

Worcester, so everyone is within a few hours of each other now.

Reactions: SI

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
I wonder how they line up - with so many bodies down there - assuming Gionta signs with Bridgeport and one of Johnston and Kovar are sent down -

Certain Top 9-
Bourque Fritz Sislo
Bellows Kovar Ho-Sang
Lorito Gionta Bernier

Other lines
Bourque Jones Holmstrom

Is Stevens even still around he isn’t on the training camp roster for sound tigers

thedonger

Mar 4, 2007
What happened to the Bourques?

Edit: Never mind, missed the “just preseason” part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad