Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
We have another callup in Aho before we get desperate enough to sign Seidenberg.

Yeah, that's why I don't think it's a big deal to lose Sbisa at all. He's not better than our current #7 Hickey, and he's not better than Aho. That's too far down to keep around just in case at this point.

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ
MDC needs to be sent down when Ladd is healthy.
I'm no fan of Ladd, but I agree with you. I really don't think MDC has what it takes. So far from what I'm seen,
MDC is just playing smart positional play and making sure he doesn't make any mistakes. Other than that, I seldom see him around the puck, he always looks to be one step behind and is somewhat invisible out there.
I think it's more of a hockey sense that he's lacking as opposed to pure skill. The puck rarely finds him.

DalGoal4Cups

Meet me at Belmont
Dec 4, 2011
I'm no fan of Ladd, but I agree with you. I really don't think MDC has what it takes. So far from what I'm seen,
MDC is just playing smart positional play and making sure he doesn't make any mistakes. Other than that, I seldom see him around the puck, he always looks to be one step behind and is somewhat invisible out there.
I think it's more of a hockey sense that he's lacking as opposed to pure skill. The puck rarely finds him.

MDC is doing what trotz is asking of him. Be a responsible 200ft hockey player. He's playing 3rd line minutes with stone hands leo as one of his linemates. No PP time either.

MDC was lighting the lamp in the AHL. The guy can score and he has tons of skill. At the very least MDC has proven to be able to play a responsible D game as a checker first. That's something ladd can't even do at this point. Ladd is a lazy defender, I want no part of that clown.

Last edited:

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
MDC is doing what trotz is asking of him. Be a responsible 200ft hockey player. He's playing 3rd line minutes with stone hands leo as one of his linemates. No PP time either.

MDC was lighting the lamp in the AHL. The guy can score and he has tons of skill. At the very least MDC has proven to be able to play a responsible D game as a checker first. That's something ladd can't even do at this point. Ladd is a lazy defender, I want no part of that clown.
I don’t think Ladd’s problem is laziness. Back and groin injuries over the years have worn down his body. Ladd can’t skate anymore.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Devon Toews is scratched for the Sound Tigers tonight against Lehigh Valley. Not a bad idea. This is their only game before the Isles resume on 2/1. Why risk injury?

MDC is in the lineup. Will play in the AHL All Game next week.

Not4u

Dec 2, 2013
Manhattan
JHS with 2 turnovers in the offensive zone on the same shift. First was a dumb pass on his backhand at the blue line that caused a breakout. He then got stuck on the ice chasing them down, causing an extended shift and another turnover in the offensive zone with another set of line mates

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Sound Tigers with a big push early. Outshooting LHV 12-2 after 8 minutes. Carter Hart with some point blank saves

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
End 1st period, no score. Sound Tigers outshooting the Phantoms 20-5.

Sound Tigers are 0-2 on the power play.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Tied 1-1. Justin Bailey gets a home run pass off a puck poked off St Denis’ stick at the point.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Chris Bourque makes it 2-1 Bridgeport less than 2 minutes later. One timer off a pass from Koivula in the high slot.

Reactions: 1CupSince

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
End of 2nd period, 2-1 Bridgeport. Phantoms outshot BST this period 16-7.

Jeremy Smith was busy at the end of that period with the Sound Tigers killing off a delay of game penalty on MDC. Some quality saves there.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
7:29 left in the 3rd. Still 2-1 BST. Just played 6:31 without a whistle.

Gonna be a little backed up on TV timeouts.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Kyle Burroughs takes a shot from the point off a faceoff win by Bernier that goes through 100 legs. 3-1 BST.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Safe to say the best line tonight was Bellows-St Denis-Fritz. They were all over the ice, creating, playing good defense. Hopefully Bellows is snapping out of his month long funk now. Has goals in 2 straight games.

Reactions: BelovedIsles

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Chris Bourque gets the ENG, his 2nd goal of the game. 4-1 BST with 1:24 left in the game.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island

I don’t think Ladd is lazy defender he takes to many penalties for tripping, holding I just think he isn’t same skater and player he was that said he is going to get his spot back when he returns it’s just the way Trotz and Lou usually run things. Trotz said Ladd isn’t ready anyway so MDC should be back at least when break ends.

Reactions: MJF
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad