Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
No score after the first period in the game against Hershey. BST controlled play for most of the period but Hershey came on in the final five minutes or so. Ho-Sang and Dal Colle are playing together and look really great. JHS had a couple of one timers from the left circle when BST had the puck in the Hershey end for about a minute and Dal Colle rung one off the post on a partial break. Bellows also had a good scoring chance on a two on one. On the defensive side, no one really stood out but I thought Wotherspoon had a strong period. Couple of scoring chances from the point and nice defensive plays.

On a side note, I think I’m going to be getting the AHL TV package for the BST games and I highly recommend others get it too if you’re interested in following the team and can afford the $60. I wasn’t expecting much more than what we get in preseason streams with the poor camera work and single camera, but it’s actually more in between the preseason coverage an NHL coverage. They’ve got multiple cameras to work with and they follow the game well. Quality is actually pretty good as well and there hasn’t been a single instance of lag or anything like that at all.

Keep the updates coming.

What about Toews ?

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
1-1 after two periods. Bridgeport got a PP goal from Chris Bourque with assists going to Dal Colle and Toews. Dal Colle had a nice set up and it’s clear that Toews is the PP QB. He’s moving the puck really well and makes quick decisions. Didn’t see him take any shots but that’s not a big deal when you can move the puck and set up guys like JHS, MDC and Bellows. The PK looks really solid and they actually had two scoring chances early in the period on the PK, one was a two on one and the other a two on zero. BST gave up a goal with 6:00 left after JHS had a scoring chance that ended up going the other way for a breakaway goal after the entire team got caught up ice. Much more balanced period between the two teams. BST needs to come out in the third and capitalize on scoring chances because they’re just not finishing. They could easily be up by two or three goals right now.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
No score after the first period in the game against Hershey. BST controlled play for most of the period but Hershey came on in the final five minutes or so. Ho-Sang and Dal Colle are playing together and look really great. JHS had a couple of one timers from the left circle when BST had the puck in the Hershey end for about a minute and Dal Colle rung one off the post on a partial break. Bellows also had a good scoring chance on a two on one. On the defensive side, no one really stood out but I thought Wotherspoon had a strong period. Couple of scoring chances from the point and nice defensive plays.

On a side note, I think I’m going to be getting the AHL TV package for the BST games and I highly recommend others get it too if you’re interested in following the team and can afford the $60. I wasn’t expecting much more than what we get in preseason streams with the poor camera work and single camera, but it’s actually more in between the preseason coverage an NHL coverage. They’ve got multiple cameras to work with and they follow the game well. Quality is actually pretty good as well and there hasn’t been a single instance of lag or anything like that at all.

Going to warn you here, Hershey is the cream of the crop when it comes to the video feed. Most of the teams aren't anywhere near as good at it as they are. That being said, $60 for 70+ games is a great deal even if some of the feeds are going to be "not so good".

Reactions: islesfan3913

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
Going to warn you here, Hershey is the cream of the crop when it comes to the video feed. Most of the teams aren't anywhere near as good at it as they are. That being said, $60 for 70+ games is a great deal even if some of the feeds are going to be "not so good".

Damn, wasn’t aware of that. Thought the AHL had their own cameras. Oh well. Like you said, $60 for all the games is a good deal and I’m sure that, while the feeds might not be as good, they’ll be good enough to follow along. The play by play guy for the Sound Tigers is actually pretty solid as well so that helps.

Could Dal Colle be figuring it out?

I think it’s still a bit early to say so but he’s looked good thus far. He didn’t look nearly as lost tonight as he has in the past and also assisted on both goals. This season will be important for him and could very well make or break his career as an NHLer.

Thanks for the updates islesfan.

You’re welcome! :DD

Reactions: BelovedIsles

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Damn, wasn’t aware of that. Thought the AHL had their own cameras. Oh well. Like you said, $60 for all the games is a good deal and I’m sure that, while the feeds might not be as good, they’ll be good enough to follow along. The play by play guy for the Sound Tigers is actually pretty solid as well so that helps.

That's Alan Fuehring, and he is very good.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
Bernier scored a PP goal to start the third period, assists to Vande Sompel and MDC (second helper of the night). That ended up being the game winner, 2-1 the final in favor of Bridgeport.

Just some notes on the game:

-The big three forwards (MDC, JHS, Bellows) all had good games, although Bellows didn’t do a ton after the first period. MDC and JHS played on a line together and had scoring chances all night. JHS looked much more responsible with the puck and didn’t take unnecessary risks. I think it’s going to take some time for him to change his game up but he still showed the skill he’s always had but is now being smarter on the ice.

-Toews looked really good. Had an assst on the first goal on the PP. Great at moving the puck and has the look of a future PP QB. Also played solid defensively. Nothing flashy but he gets the job done and plays a simple defensive game.

-BST roled with Helgeson, Vande Sompel, Burroughs, Toews, Wotherspoon, and Aho on defense. This defense is legit and filled with young talent. If they can get Rathgeb in for Helgeson regularly, we’d have a defense that is all 24 years old and under and are all players who could very well have a future with the team. I think it’s safe to say that yesterday’s game was an anomaly. This team isn’t going to give up a bunch of goals with this defense and with Smith and Gibson in net. We’re too stacked on the backend to give up a bunch of goals.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Bernier scored a PP goal to start the third period, assists to Vande Sompel and MDC (second helper of the night). That ended up being the game winner, 2-1 the final in favor of Bridgeport.

-The big three forwards (MDC, JHS, Bellows) all had good games, although Bellows didn’t do a ton after the first period. MDC and JHS played on a line together and had scoring chances all night. JHS looked much more responsible with the puck and didn’t take unnecessary risks. I think it’s going to take some time for him to change his game up but he still showed the skill he’s always had but is now being smarter on the ice.

-Toews looked really good. Had an assst on the first goal on the PP. Great at moving the puck and has the look of a future PP QB. Also played solid defensively. Nothing flashy but he gets the job done and plays a simple defensive game.

-BST roled with Helgeson, Vande Sompel, Burroughs, Toews, Wotherspoon, and Aho on defense. This defense is legit and filled with young talent. If they can get Rathgeb in for Helgeson regularly, we’d have a defense that is all 24 years old and under and are all players who could very well have a future with the team. I think it’s safe to say that yesterday’s game was an anomaly. This team isn’t going to give up a bunch of goals with this defense and with Smith and Gibson in net. We’re too stacked on the backend to give up a bunch of goals.

It's amazing how a good defense can help your offense.

Reactions: NC 1972

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006

Whenever these two were paired up together they were productive. When they were split up Dal Colle goes quiet. Personally I always felt Dal Colle is someone that needs skilled people on his line to be productive. He's not the type of player to produce when lined up with scrubs.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Whenever these two were paired up together they were productive. When they were split up Dal Colle goes quiet. Personally I always felt Dal Colle is someone that needs skilled people on his line to be productive. He's not the type of player to produce when lined up with scrubs.

He also looked good with Barzal during that one preseason game where he showed more in one game than during his entire career as an Islander. I still have hope for him to be an NHLer in some capacity, but don’t see the Islanders waiting around long enough for him.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
He also looked good with Barzal during that one preseason game where he showed more in one game than during his entire career as an Islander. I still have hope for him to be an NHLer in some capacity, but don’t see the Islanders waiting around long enough for him.
Dal Colle is in the last year of his contract. Short of scoring 20 goals I can't imagine a scenario where the Islanders re-sign him. Best case scenario for MDC is that he does well in the AHL and is packaged in a trade.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Dal Colle is in the last year of his contract. Short of scoring 20 goals I can't imagine a scenario where the Islanders re-sign him. Best case scenario for MDC is that he does well in the AHL and is packaged in a trade.

That's probably the best case scenario for the Isles too.

Reactions: MJF

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
I was never a Dal Colle fan from the first time i saw him play in juniors. Hopefully he can keep producing at a good level in Bridgeport as maybe they can at least get some value for him in a trade.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
I was never a Dal Colle fan from the first time i saw him play in juniors. Hopefully he can keep producing at a good level in Bridgeport as maybe they can at least get some value for him in a trade.
Package him with ? to Canes to play with Warren Foegele then for a decent return. They were line-mates in Kingston and had very good chemistry. Cane may be interested in having a 2nd look at him. Nicholas Roy is a big centre that may be a good one to enquire about. Cane has a lot of centre depth now so may be willing to part with him for a winger.

Reactions: seafoam

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte

Isles have a number of forwards who will be free agents after this year. I do think there will be openings for a couple of the kids. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back next year in the bottom 6. Teams need players on cheap contracts to help fill out the roster.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
If they can somehow turn MDC into a centre then maybe it will help (should Nelson walks). They have few goal scoring wingers in waiting but the centre depth right now is thin. Either they turn him into a centre or they trade him for centre depth.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I hate that the AHL plays so many games on the weekend and a limited amount during the week. I want to see these guys progressing, but there's nothing new since they aren't playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia