Hitchcock
Toews - Burroughs
Vande Sompel - Rathgeb
Wotherspoon - Aho
AHLvet (LaFranchise?) - Quenneville

Gibson
Smith
Soderstrom

Assume Hitchcock and Stevens start in the ECHL - if Ho-Sang is at Bridgeport then maybe Koivula or Easnor has to start in the ECHL

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
Too many signings at once to possibly be a precursor of a trade by the big club. You don't go into the season with this many forwards . Something is definitely brewing...

Reactions: Wanderson

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Lorito - Fritz - Bellows
C. Bourque - St. Denis - Sislo
Dal Colle - Stevens - Easnor
Johnston - Holmstrom - Bernier
R. Bourque - Jones - Koivula
Hitchcock
Toews - Burroughs
Vande Sompel - Rathgeb
Wotherspoon - Aho

Gibson
Smith
Soderstrom

Geez.. When we drafted MDC I would have been disappointed if he were on the third line in the NHL this season, let alone the freakin AHL.

Reactions: LamorielloAndSon

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
Koivula needs to play. If that means if he plays the first year of his ELC for Ilves on loan then that will probably serve him better for his development. Too many forwards now in Bridgeport.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

UncleOscar

Feb 12, 2010
Austin, TX
Lorito - Fritz - Bellows
C. Bourque - St. Denis - Sislo
Dal Colle - Stevens - Easnor
Johnston - Holmstrom - Bernier
R. Bourque - Jones - Koivula
Hitchcock
Toews - Burroughs
Vande Sompel - Rathgeb
Wotherspoon - Aho

Gibson
Smith
Soderstrom

Assuming Helgeson is also with Bridgeport, unless he's the 7th defenseman right now? If that's the case, the team would have six vets, so one of the Bourque's/Sislo/Bernier/Helgeson/Holmstrom would have to sit each game.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Assuming Helgeson is also with Bridgeport, unless he's the 7th defenseman right now? If that's the case, the team would have six vets, so one of the Bourque's/Sislo/Bernier/Helgeson/Holmstrom would have to sit each game.

Nice Catch - I forgot Hegleson.

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
Hockey - Mobile - SoundTigers.com

Bridgeport announces a slew of Re-signings. These are moves for Worcester mainly.

Forwards: Josh Holmstrom, Matt Gaudreau , Jeff Kubiak

Defense : Tyler Mueller, Mike Cornell

Goal: Mitch Gillam

Cannot have enough depth!

Even the culture change around here is aiming to win at all levels!

Reactions: dood

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Yes. Who would claim him though?
With his current deal - no one. Of course, if he has good run in the NHL over a 10-15 game period and then we want to stash him in BP for a little while because of a numbers game, he could garner a sniff. But not with that contract.

Him being waiver eligible is at least part of the rationale behind giving him the deal. It more or less makes him poach proof.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
With his current deal - no one. Of course, if he has good run in the NHL over a 10-15 game period and then we want to stash him in BP for a little while because of a numbers game, he could garner a sniff. But not with that contract.

Him being waiver eligible is at least part of the rationale behind giving him the deal. It more or less makes him poach proof.

He's insurance with Martin here for the next 2 years. When MM moves on, Ross takes over his role on the NHL club for the last 2 seasons where someone might poach him. The timing works out.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Something to remember about Johnston...

Although I was shockingly impressed with how he went about doing things other than fighting, I know some people will think this guy is NOT an NHL player and is only here for one reason. However, in stating that, I think folks forget that he was also a pure rookie. He's a young man who took his first shifts in the NHL and he showed all of us that he was very capable of following the KISS principle. This allowed him to often get in on the puck first in the forecheck and keep the play in the opponents' end. This allowed him to make simple passing and shooting decisions. This allowed him to go to the net and make use of his very big body.

These are things that go a LONG way in making lower line players effective.

Again, he did this as a pure rookie. Sure, after 50-80 games, maybe we can expect more from him, but we can't look at those first 25 and automatically think that's all there is here.

Players grow with experience. Players learn with experience. Players start to make wiser decisions with experience. Heck, I think he showed a lot of ability to learn on the fly and become more and more stable. And it was quite clear that he was picking up on how to win board battles at this level.

I for one am excited to see what he'll be able to do for this team and would be ecstatic to see both him and Martin along with knats like Clutterbuck and Komarov, and then a wily Mayfield on the blueline, out there banging some bodies and eventually punching a few guys into the next time zone. Not for the sake of violence, but for the sake of creating a safe zone for our young talents and establishing utter respect from opponents who would otherwise take liberties.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
I like it a lot. Burroughs is underrated, excellent team guy and the face of community involvement with Bridgeport. Hope to see him get a chance to play at least one NHL game.

Definitely! Glad they've retained Burroughs.

Arguably the Soundtigers' best defensive Dman last season. I think we'll see him get a few shifts in the show next season.

Reactions: Wanderson

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
The 1 or 2 times I saw Easnor he reminded me of Jason Blake. Not saying he will be as good but just the way he played. I have hopes Easnor can be a 3rd line good forechecking forward.

We shouldn't forget that Scott Eansor was also once deemed good enough to play for the US' WJC squad.

I think he may be pushing for a spot on the Island the season after next. Sure hope Lou's management will be finding and adding more players like this to the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad