Confirmed with Link: Brian Elliott: Two Year Deal With Flyers ($2.75M/yr) (issued #37 per NHL.com)

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Remember the commercial with a Flyer goalie #31 that we complained about so much they touched up the video to make it 34?

I do not remember that, but that is pretty cool. Shows how much the fanbase cares.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
It would be cool if he just went with 1 next to a high number (91, 81, 71) but my guess is he just goes with some random number in the 20's or 30's.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
10 is now available. :laugh:

But I said 35 because Mason wore 1 in Columbus and ended up with 35 here. And obviously that number is vacant too.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He's in the AHL and doesn't have "dibsies." If Elliott wants it he gets it.

Well I mean he can ask Stolarz if he will give up his number, but they can't really take it away from him. He was on the NHL roster for about 3 months last year.

I don't know why he needs a number with 1 in it. He wore 30 with Colorado.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Well I mean he can ask Stolarz if he will give up his number, but they can't really take it away from him. He was on the NHL roster for about 3 months last year.

I don't know why he needs a number with 1 in it. He wore 30 with Colorado.

I seriously seriously doubt he needs to ask for it if he wants it. Stolarz is not nor has been an NHL regular for the Flyers.

Ilkka Sinisalo

Amazing American
Nov 1, 2010
Perth, W.A.
I still don't get why everyone thinks Bobrovsky is going to be an elite goalie. He can still be beat up high easily as shown in the playoffs against Pittsburgh. It was very reminiscent of how he played on the Flyers.

Well, he's been good to excellent for 5 years and has two Vezinas, so I'd say he's probably better than what we've been rolling out.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
On second thought, I can see why someone would forget Neuvirth's number. It's not like he's played in 60 games with the Flyers over the last two seasons and also had 3 starts in the playoffs. Carry on.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
On second thought, I can see why someone would forget Neuvirth's number. It's not like he's played in 60 games with the Flyers over the last two seasons and also had 3 starts in the playoffs. Carry on.

The point is that something that trivial is not worth being a ***** about. Pick your battles.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Hope Elliott doesn't take 35. Boring number for goalies.

roadkill

Jul 3, 2017
PA
Well, he's been good to excellent for 5 years and has two Vezinas, so I'd say he's probably better than what we've been rolling out.

I'm aware of that, but his postseason stats are not very good at all. Isn't that the most important part? I'm waiting until he finally has a good playoff run, then I'll reconsider what I think of "Bob". Although I will admit I have some bias towards him now and wouldn't care if he never does, especially if the Flyers face Columbus in the playoffs in the near future.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad