Player Discussion Brendan Lemieux

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
nz9MaL6.png

This is Top 10 commonest linemates at 5v5 from 0-100% (the bigger the bar, the higher % of 5v5 TOI he spent with them)

Looks like it was mostly Buchnevich and then a rotation at center with Zibanejad/Lias/Howden.

Why are there so many bars? Buch is in a number of different bars. What does that mean?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Why are there so many bars? Buch is in a number of different bars. What does that mean?
Each vertical stack of bars is a game. Each vertical column is the Top 10 commonest linemates for that particular game.

This is mostly my fault for cropping part of the graph and not the whole thing.

Here's the whole chart of Lemieux with the Rangers from HockeyViz. The common linemate bit is the top one.
lemiebr96

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Each vertical stack of bars is a game. Each vertical column is the Top 10 commonest linemates for that particular game.

This is mostly my fault for cropping part of the graph and not the whole thing.

Here's the whole chart of Lemieux with the Rangers from HockeyViz. The common linemate bit is the top one.
lemiebr96

Ahh thanks. I find it that a lot of data visualization tries to tell like 10 things on one chart and it becomes hard to read.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
I get the sense Lemieux is going to come in camp in great shape, lighter and ready for more minutes. I think he rounds out to be a Matteau type offensively. Chipping in 15-18 goals a year with 30-38 points. I'll take that with the intangibles he brings.

yep, thats a very valuable player.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
He should be better than that offensively. Again, 12 goals in 63 games, largely of which were spent as a spare part 4th liner with the Jets. The potential is there for much more than Matteau.

I mentioned during the season that he reminds me a bit of Graves. Not suggesting he's going to score 50 goals, but he seems to relish going to the dirty areas and plays with toughness.

Last edited:

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
to be fair when I project him and howden to be our future 3rd line I'm expecting us to have a terrific 3rd line, borderline 2nd
I do that, but I sub in Andersson for Howden. I am actually quite excited by the possibility this year that we will get to see Lemieux- Andersson-Strome for a third line.

Back to Pepe2 (or PLP2), I honestly see him as a middle 6 forward over his career, spending a good amount of time on the 2nd and a good amount of time on the third. He could also be that player that parks himself in front of net on the PP (a la Holmstrom).

Reactions: egelband

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Yep. I figure Howden as a 40-50 point 3rd line center. I think our team will be that deep with what Gorton is doing. I don't think Lemieux has to be a big scorer on this team. I can see him having a couple 25-27 goal seasons when things bounce his way. He doesn't need to score a lot to be effective.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Yep. I figure Howden as a 40-50 point 3rd line center. I think our team will be that deep with what Gorton is doing.
Do you know how rare 50 point 3rd line centers are?
I don't think Lemieux has to be a big scorer on this team. I can see him having a couple 25-27 goal seasons when things bounce his way. He doesn't need to score a lot to be effective.
25-27 goals makes him a pretty big goal scorer.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Wilson is also getting force fed minutes with Washington's top players...he's just good enough to take advantage of that or be useful for it but not realyl skilled enough to play that effectively away from the stars that carry him offensively
Exactly! Put him on a third line and he is just a plug. I really can't stand that guy! He gets a rep of being a big, talented player, but all he does is run around looking to destroy people, then cashes in on playing with HOF'ers.

FWIW, I think Lemieux gets 20 goals this season.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
Exactly! Put him on a third line and he is just a plug. I really can't stand that guy! He gets a rep of being a big, talented player, but all he does is run around looking to destroy people, then cashes in on playing with HOF'ers.

FWIW, I think Lemieux gets 20 goals this season.

He's got 15-20 goal skill but he'd probably need to get time on the PP or a lot of ES minutes to get there.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
I actually believe that he can be quite productive in such a PP role. Sort of like Holmstrom. He has a big body, good hands.

Could he be? Yeah probably, at least in my opinion.

Will he get the chance this year? Tough to say. Even with Kreider's spot potentially opening up there's no guarantee DQ puts him there.

20 goals is a big ask for a 3rd/4th liner at ES without a PP role.

Reactions: bl02

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad