Player Discussion Brendan Lemieux

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I like lemieux... And again I'd like to see actual data instead of eye test stuff because we'll clearly we all disagree on him.. I'm just honestly not even 100% sure which is the best data to pull... Usually @SA16 knows which stats are some of the best to look at.
Data about what exactly?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I like lemieux... And again I'd like to see actual data instead of eye test stuff because we'll clearly we all disagree on him.. I'm just honestly not even 100% sure which is the best data to pull... Usually @SA16 knows which stats are some of the best to look at.
lol c'on man, just use your eyes. All this "actual data" and "fancy stats" are laughable. He's looked and has played very well.

Reactions: Wicked Backhand

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
This kid is way more than a 4th liner. He has skill. On pace for 35 points. Could he be a 45P player in a good year? Maybe. His shooting % is only 7.1 atm.
Getting time on the PK as well. I maintain that he is being groomed to be the replacement to Kreider as the body in front of the net if and the latter is traded.

People forget that he went 31st OA. Today, that is a first round pick. He was not drafted to be just a pugilist. He has hands and skill. And if (IF) he can indeed become a 20 goal, 40-45 point player, that is a bit game changing for the future of the top 6.

Shonky

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
This is a very interesting player to me in regards to development over the next year. He's looking like a solid all around player, and in fantasy hockey context that is very valuable especially if the player chips in 40ish points as a floor.

Can anyone offer a comparison to this player offensively?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
This is a very interesting player to me in regards to development over the next year. He's looking like a solid all around player, and in fantasy hockey context that is very valuable especially if the player chips in 40ish points as a floor.

His floor is definitely not 40-ish points. That may be his ceiling. And he may never get it. He plays an agitating style, can play in the corners and in front, but otherwise isn't particularly effective offensively, IMO.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017

Currently around Sean Avery; May reach Ryan Callahan if absolutely everything goes perfectly — and I mean everything.

Reactions: TheNewKid

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The thing with Lemieux, in addition to not really having any notable offensive skills, is that he spends half of each shift trying to start a fight. And a quarter of each shift on his ass, because someone put him there or because he himself flopped there. And that's well and good--what he does is useful. But because he's doing all that, he's inherently less able to put up points.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Currently around Sean Avery; May reach Ryan Callahan if absolutely everything goes perfectly — and I mean everything.
Stylistically I see the Avery comparison, but I do think Sean had a decent bit more skill. Avery could be pretty slick in moving the puck around, and had pretty good vision and feel for the game. Honestly if he didn't try so hard to be the ultimate douchebag he probably could have pushed 50 points.

Reactions: leetch99

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019

eh, I think Avery was a prick.

IMO, Lemieux is his father with worse hands. He’s a necessity for a playoff team. A pain in the tail, force the boards and occasional points. Love his type.

Reactions: CasusBelli

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Player safety was going to give him a call on his hit on Donskoi last night.

I like Brendan a lot but he has things to work on and one of them is discipline. That hit on Donskoi was one dumbass penalty to take. Brendan is figuring out what kind of players he's going to be. He does spend a lot of time on his ass and IMO he plays outside his limitations too much and because of that he turns the puck over too much and sometimes when he does it in the neutral zone that leads to quick counterattacks by the other team....and he does spend a lot of time on his ass trying to force plays over the opposition blue line.

IMO he needs to simplify how he plays. When not sure he should dump the puck in and get in on the forecheck as quickly as he can. He's got the size and strength to hang out in front of the net and create some havoc. He's not overly creative with the puck so it's better if he's doing the grinding on his line and attacking the net than trying to set up plays.

Metranger

May 22, 2015
This guy has 6 goals. 6. And we run him out there like he’s his father. Suspend him the rest of the season (if there is one) Would be doing us a favor
Definitely. Would keep him off the power play. And OT. Quinn you dumbass.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I still think he has a spot on this team as a bottom 6 guy and OFF the powerplay. Not a big fan of the hit the other night against the AVS. still think he could be a beneficial type guy in the playoffs. Benefit of him putting up poor numbers this year is he isn't getting a big pay day as he would have if he put up 15-20 goals.

Last edited:
Reactions: RGY

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
That hit was something that happens all the time and it was shoulder on shoulder, players give other players nudges at the whistle ALL THE TIME. He barely hit him. Maybe you guys don't see Donskoi much because he's out west but he's one of the softest whiny players in the league. Anyway, don't get the newfound disdain toward Lemieux. Maybe it's a case of people once again blaming a player for the coaches usage of him putting him on PP2 (which he does a fine job of, creates chaos around the net & is really strong along the boards). He's a perfect 3rd liner who can also play up in the lineup when there's injuries, he's a fast skater, very strong on the puck and at puck battles, has the hockey IQ to play alongside elite players if he has to move up due to injuries, a great PK'er, and is the definition of a warrior. I see him as a core piece going forward, he's the exact kind of player we need in the playoffs and every championship team needs a guy like him.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I do not think there is some newfound disdain for Lemieux. I think most still appreciate what he brings to the table. And we all also understand the issue is with DQ. Its DQ’s mishandling that is the problem.

But with regard to the hit...

1) It looked like he got the head with the hit.

2) And even if he did not, it is not only a blindside hit, it is completely unnecessary.

3) The team was down a goal with less than 3 minutes to go. Its just a flat out selfish dumb play.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Definitely. Would keep him off the power play. And OT. Quinn you dumbass.
He plays well in front of the net. And has been mired on the 4th line most of the year. Prior to breaking his hand, he was playing well and getting points.

Or is this just another way to get on Quinn for sometihng?

Reactions: eco's bones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->