Player Discussion Brendan Lemieux

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Have we determined how much cap is left now that Strome has signed? Wondering what’s left for Lemieux, potentially .

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Have we determined how much cap is left now that Strome has signed? Wondering what’s left for Lemieux, potentially .

I think we should have somewhere in the 1.8M range when the bonus cushion penalty is taken into account.

I don't follow our cap situation very intently though, so I could be way off.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

We're in good shape.

upload_2020-11-5_16-28-49.png

We have $2,429,367 left after the bonus penalty. That's for 22 players. One of those 22 is likely not on the team, replaced by Lemieux.

Assuming Lemieux signs for 1.5 mil, that leaves us with $929,367 + whatever cap we save by sending someone down. For sake of argument, let's say it's Digi, who makes the minimum 700k. We'd then have $1,629,367.

Both Kravtsov and Barron have cap hits of 925k and 850k in bonuses. We'll have enough cap space to allow one of them to replace one of Rooney or Blackwell. If neither make the team, we can carry 23 if we want, but we might start with 22 anyway just to save more cap to actually pay any bonuses that are earned.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
That's nice but it's not as valuale as the Tweet makes it seem. Because he is usally taking a penalty himself while drawing one. I would imagine his penalty differential is close to even.

E: 50 drawn, 45 taken. +5 differential

The next step is to compute some sort of adjusted stat based on the quality of player he takes with him. If the penalty differential is even but he’s getting matching minors with a better player than he is that’s still valuable.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
He’s one of the few guys e we have that plays with some swagger and isn’t satisfied with keeping the play going. He actually fights through checks as opposed to the Ranger trademark stick check.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Been one of the best Ranger forwards this year in terms of consistency. Guys really coming onto his own. Dude's a throwback to the days when guys didn't aspire to be Lady Byng contestants on the ice. He gets his role, and I don't think there are a ton hockey players in the world right now that are willing to do what he does.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
He's okay. He's a run of mill 4th liner really. A lot of people seem to wax poetic about him. I like the intangibles and willingnes to engage the opposition but he's a pretty medicore player. I know a lot had hopes he could be Sean Avery redux but I don't ever see him having that impact. Avery was underrated and under utilized as a hockey player, antics aside.

My only real gripe is some of the dumbass plays he makes. The play will be broken and he'll try and stickhandle arond a guy or force a very low reward pass instead of just getting it deep. sometimes he think's hes better than he is.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Been one of the best Ranger forwards this year in terms of consistency. Guys really coming onto his own. Dude's a throwback to the days when guys didn't aspire to be Lady Byng contestants on the ice. He gets his role, and I don't think there are a ton hockey players in the world right now that are willing to do what he does.
I cannot like this post enough

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad