Confirmed with Link: Brendan Lemieux Traded to LA for a 4th

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Would you want Hayes on his current deal?

Pionk sucks.
They are extremely happy with Pionk in Winnipeg. I caught a Jets game on tv not long ago and they raved about him all game.
I knew Hayes wasn't going to take a dollar less than he thought he was worth. No I would not want any part of that contract.

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
DiGiuseppe has been a better player than Lemieux. I really don't understand the Howden hate. I think he's going to turn the corner and be a decent bottom six player.
If you don’t understand the Howden hate, you just don’t have eyes at this point. He’s legitimately a professional ice skater and that’s it. The sad part is his skating is not even good so. Not sure exactly what he brings.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
He did a terrible job. He doesn't grind, he chases and never has the puck. And in the rare instances where he has it, he has a hard time getting it out of the zone. Offensively, he's just offensive. Has he ever made a good pass in the O-zone that didn't involve a two on one? This is addition by subtraction.

I pretty much stopped watching Rangers after like 5 games into the season, so I haven't seen him play lately, but before that he was a solid physical player with good speed, hitting, chipped in some points. They should have made him play on PK to better develop his overall game.

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
who on the bottom 6 actually retrieves the puck well though? It's as much Lemieux not finding a niche in NY after 100+ games as it is our poor coaching of players that don't have overwhelming skills.
Rooney, Blackwell, Chytil. He is just not any good; his father's name took him this far. Now it's up to him; Not bullish on his NHL future.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
As far as this trade is concerned, there seems to be a lot of strong reactions. I find myself with mixed feelings. On the one hand, I liked Lemieux fine enough. I don't think he was as useful as i had hoped when we got him. I thought there would be more to his game. But he is what he is. A 4th liner who hustles, tries to grind but is just okay along the walls. I feel your 4th line becomes dangerous when you can effectively win board battles and force the play to the net. It's what made Dom Moore and Brian Boyle so effective. But Lemieux's ability to make a play, force a little more offense is significantly more limited. I look around the league at truly effective 4th lines and I can't see Lemieux on that line. I see him as a middling 4th liner in this league at best.

Is he a pest? yes. His best attribute as a Ranger was his ability to draw penalties. And we may miss that. But I mean, he didn't even become a regular on the PK while he was here. That's like the #1 thing you need from your fourth line players in today's game.

That said, am I bummed we only got a 4th rounder. Yeah. Could we have gotten something higher? I dunno. The only solace I take in this is that it's the Kings 4th rounder. It's due to be in the top half of the 4th round along with OTT's and ours. Could help us move up in the draft or even used to acquire a 2nd rounder (which we dont have in this draft).

Finally, I dont think I will lose sleep over a 4th liner whose cieling is the 4th line when we're still sorting out our roster for the future. You can always trade for 4th line talent. It's affordable. But you can't always trade for 2nd line center or a top 4 D. So, I'd rather use those bottom 6 roles to give Gauthier, barron, Kravtsov and Laf more opportunities.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
He never had a chance after Quinn neutered him and he's not good enough on talent alone. I liked his game when he first arrived, but this wasn't going to work out long term.

DQ neutered him? He came here with like 50 career games with Winnipeg. His pims were much higher here than in WPG.

Also, you summed it all up yourself. “He’s not good enough on talent alone”, all the more reason this makes sense. Make room for more talented guys

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Rooney, Blackwell, Chytil. He is just not any good; his father's name took him this far. Now it's up to him; Not bullish on his NHL future.

Chytil I don't want to consider B6 but ya Rooney and Blackwell are pretty meh too. They're fine but that B6 is nothing to write home about.

He'll get a chance to try his shtick in LA. If not he has to reinvent himself otherwise he's done after this contract.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Lemieux had nothing to do with toughness. He was a pest. A chirping SOB, who could occasionally drop the gloves (and more than often get his ass kicked).

Are the Rangers losing much with him gone? No, not really. But our 4th line is so bland, bad and in every possible way meaningless that I don't like losing him from there. At least he brought that chirping element. But, it seems like it was done for cap and roster reasons so whaddyagonnado.
What?? He’s a great fighter

against one of the toughest guys in the league:

Reactions: Sayba and LOFIN

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
DiGiuseppe has been a better player than Lemieux. I really don't understand the Howden hate. I think he's going to turn the corner and be a decent bottom six player.
What that you have seen in a game that Howden has played makes you think this? This is blind faith cause although he is better than Lemieux there are no signs that he will be decent player in any lineup, on any line.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Honestly, yes.

Our organizational center depth is non-existent and we immediately blew that money on a 2nd pair D.

I have a ton of respect for the amount of work KH put into becoming a good all around player but Hayes is likely to age terribly. I mean if we're looking at right NOW yeah, you're right, but depth at a single spot can be acquired pretty quickly. Remember when we had no RHD on the roster or in the system? That took like 1 year to change.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
I pretty much stopped watching Rangers after like 5 games into the season, so I haven't seen him play lately, but before that he was a solid physical player with good speed, hitting, chipped in some points. They should have made him play on PK to better develop his overall game.

This is the least shocking thing I have read all year.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
After the sweep to the Canes, Gorton said we need to be tougher to play against. I know there's more than 1 type of tough to play against but we're going to really follow up that end of year speech with losing Tony DeAngelo, Brendan Lemieux, Jesper Fast, and in the off season Brendan Smith? Is ALF going to be the resident meat head to scrum it up?

I'm not one for TOFFNESS but boy we're gonna be rolling a chuck E. Cheese line up next year. Bunch of angsty teenagers and some mellowed out moms and dads popping xanax at the bar.

Yeah but they'll figure that out. There has to be some tough guy 4th liner out there who will cost like twice as much as Lemieux did who they can trade assets for.

Disclaimer: Just for the record I am not lamenting the loss of Lemuiex, more that the Rangers will try to fix their lack of toughness and I believe there is a good possibility they'll do so poorly.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
I thought he brought energy and sometimes threw hits. But it is what it is. Maybe they can teach Goat to be the energy guy? It’s not like Lemmy ever changed the complexion of the game. Goat’s gotta start using his body though.

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
Play on PK? We have a top 5 PK. there was no room for this clown. He hits alot after the whistle which makes him annoying to other teams but doesn't create turnovers or scoring chances. At this point, we should be convinced he is a bad player.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
F9436BF2-26B4-4ADB-B793-F07E74E11B56.png

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
@NYRFAN291820192819 is about to turn into @LAKFan291820192819

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad