Confirmed with Link: Brendan Lemieux Traded to LA for a 4th

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Surprised but thrilled we got a fourth. Physically ordinary. Takes dumb penalties. Gets paid more than the league minimum.

Edit: looked up some of his fights; generally an excellent fighter. Mistake on my part — but firmly stand by the rest.

Last edited:

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Clears cap for this year and next season. Any extra room is helpful with a lot of important contracts coming up
True. But I liked having him on our side. Thought he would be a longterm mainstay on the fourth line. Need players like him. I guess the math just doesn’t work out.

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
WTF does a 4th rounder do for us... shitty f***ing trade.

Getting real sick of this team’s stupidity.
Cap dump. Tactically it is brilliant. Now we can ice the lineup we want this year and we gave up nothing. And his cap hit is not on the books next year either. The Kings are idiots as they rebuild for taking this waste of space. I have a feeling we now owe them a favor.

Reactions: mrhockey193195

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I have a ton of respect for the amount of work KH put into becoming a good all around player but Hayes is likely to age terribly. I mean if we're looking at right NOW yeah, you're right, but depth at a single spot can be acquired pretty quickly. Remember when we had no RHD on the roster or in the system? That took like 1 year to change.
I want to start actually getting better in the next couple of years. I also want to not give Zibanejad and what's left of his brains another contract. Those two things are working against each other.

It's a bit frustrating that the center depth hasn't improved at all since the letter and it has the potential to send us into purgatory for awhile.

The RD situation changed so quickly because a bonafide superstar only wanted to play for the Rangers, we overpaid an average player commanding an elite salary for some reason, and we got a nut that nobody wanted because he's a nut. I don't see that happening again.

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
Even other than that linked

he ragdolled Khaira too lmao

And none of this makes up for his terrible play with and without the puck. For the kid of a former NHLer, he has the lowest hockey IQ ever. Have a feeling he is simply a dim bulb which would explain his kinship with ADA.

Reactions: FUZfan

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Good question. Maybe he went full ADA and muttered something to Shesty after the game and all hell broke loose again.

I’m adding a :sarcasm: because I have a feeling someone will take me seriously.
From what I can gather this isn't exactly too farfetched. Weren't he and Tony decent friends?

Reactions: Daves a mess

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
A 4th for Lemieux is good value.

Makes room for Kravtsov now. Lemieux isn't being protected in expansion.

Will miss the extra penalty drawing, but it's whatever.

Move along.
If the the guy provided no net benefit to the team, he’d be worth future considerations, but I think the guy is a net liability ... so I’ll take the fourth.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I love this GM. I trust this FO.
This team is preparing to contend in a couple years,
I am curious what it is they should be doing different
Yep. Not everything has worked out but I like their thought process, broadly.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
And none of this makes up for his terrible play with and without the puck. For the kid of a former NHLer, he has the lowest hockey IQ ever. Have a feeling he is simply a dim bulb which would explain his kinship with ADA.
Yet he still had more to give to this team than Rooney, Howden or Blackwell. Obviously, in a contending team none of these players would be playing.

Reactions: Sayba

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Incoming Ryan Reaves for Julie G trade call and subsequent board meltdown.
200w.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad