Player Discussion Brendan Gallagher

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
He had an unreal wrist shot with accuracy until he broke his hand twice. His lack of playmaking and diminished shot has made him nothing more than a 3rd liner in my honest opinion. Which is fine at 3.75 mill. What isn't fine is that the coach doesn't see it and keeps rolling him out on the PP and top 6 minutes.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
He had an unreal wrist shot with accuracy until he broke his hand twice. His lack of playmaking and diminished shot has made him nothing more than a 3rd liner in my honest opinion. Which is fine at 3.75 mill. What isn't fine is that the coach doesn't see it and keeps rolling him out on the PP and top 6 minutes.

Because that third-liner is our best RW.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
At one point in 2015, Gallagher looked like a top RW in the league. Jeez. Its not just his hands, hes not as elusive as he used to be, he doesnt go balls out as he used to be, he seems to be completely checked out.

I think its time to completely overhaul this team.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
At one point in 2015, Gallagher looked like a top RW in the league. Jeez. Its not just his hands, hes not as elusive as he used to be, he doesnt go balls out as he used to be, he seems to be completely checked out.

I think its time to completely overhaul this team.

I don't question his will at all. His elusiveness was slow to come back after his time off, but it's there. What's not there are his hands, and over time, the rules have tilted against him.

The refs basically have evolved to allow open season policy on Gallagher infront of the net, and the interference challenges have deterred some of his previously effective play around the crease.

Having said that, it's mostly his hands. Not just physically, but it has to take a toll mentally as well for a guy who has been a scorer, and is in a scoring type role.

MisterNoItAll

Oct 21, 2017
With the exception of Price’s comeback play the last couple of games, gotta give props to Gallagher for trying all season. This guy has been our MVP so far his season. He gives all his effort game in and game out. 12 goals already this season too! Dude has been pulling his weight hard.

Reactions: CanadiensChick

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
Let's be honest, Bergevin's contract for Gallagher was an absolute steal.
2.75 millions for the heart and soul of this team who ends up being the biggest offensive asset so far.
Wish he was the captain !

Don't know why so many people are giving him shit.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
2.75 millions for the heart and soul of this team who ends up being the biggest offensive asset so far.

Don't know why so many people are giving him ****.
Hypocrites.

Reactions: TheBlindFan

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal

Don't know why so many people are giving him ****.
3.75M

Still a massive steal. just like the drouin contract will be.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada

Now that 3rd liner has 12 goals 1/3 of the way into the season

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
So fed up of seeing him on the first PP unit. He simply doesn’t produce, move on.

The Patch thread is elsewhere...:skeptic:
LOL

What are you on about?
If Gallagher was getting first PP time which is doubtful...
He'd still get my nod over just about any other forward on merit alone.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Wow, it turned out the guy with amazing underlying numbers for a few years now is in fact more than just a 3rd liner!

Reactions: Mrb1p

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
The Patch thread is elsewhere...:skeptic:
LOL

What are you on about?
If Gallagher was getting first PP time which is doubtful...
He'd still get my nod over just about any other forward on merit alone.

I posted this at the start of the season. He was still getting PP minutes after being awful. He was our 3rd most used forward on the PP last season and only had something like 2 or 3 points. He was useless and it was the same pattern at the start of the season.

With that said, it’s time for me to eat crow and admit that I was wrong in many levels. He was really slow last season, his feet weren’t moving and couldn’t score or make any decent play. I thought it was best to trade him while he still had some value. He was a 3rd line RW and didn’t consider him in our top 6 no more.

I was wrong and he is having a huge season and deserve the A on his jersey this season.

Lots of hockey left and I hope he keeps up the good work and finally gets more than 50 points. It’s a big season for him on many levels.

Last edited:

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
gallagher has been amazing this year and to be honnest I was one of them wanting him out. i tought he was on a serious decline. happy to see him back to his old form. the guy is a heart and soul player and should be the Captain.

Reactions: Rapala

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
To think some posters were saying last year he had a horrible contract...
To think some posters wanted to trade him, the only guy who is willing to win at all costs. I'm glad he's having a rebound season he deserves every bit of it.

Reactions: CalgarySnow
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln