Player Discussion Brendan Gallagher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
To think some posters were saying last year he had a horrible contract...

Actually, one or some posters were using the two down years when Gallagher sustained major injuries in attempting to turn him into a comparable with Shaw and completely set aside his 24 goal season from 2014-15. And of course there was the whole drama about how the two injuries sustained to the same hand meant that he was "finished".

I don't think anyone really questioned the contract, which by most accounts here, was deemed a great value deal for the Habs.

Whatever the perception was, he's proving a lot of people wrong. There is no doubt Gallagher is a legitimate top 6 player, if there was any hesitation prior to this year. The guy's production has him lined up for a potential 30-35 goals, which would be huge, especially considering this team's scoring woes.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I posted this at the start of the season. He was still getting PP minutes after being awful. He was our 3rd most used forward on the PP last season and only had something like 2 or 3 points. He was useless and it was the same pattern at the start of the season.

With that said, it’s time for me to eat crow and admit that I was wrong in many levels. He was really slow last season, his feet weren’t moving and couldn’t score or make any decent play. I thought it was best to trade him while he still had some value. He was a 3rd line RW and didn’t consider him in our top 6 no more.

I was wrong and he is having a huge season and deserve the A on his jersey this season.

Lots of hockey left and I hope he keeps up the good work and finally gets more than 50 points. It’s a big season for him on many levels.

Good on you!
Was I the only one who thought he had a good post season last year?
I posted as much during the GDT's and felt his game only slipped a bit after he got speared in the ribs by Zucharello.

Reactions: PaulD and Runner77

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Guy is the heart and soul of this team. Funny how many here thought he was done and wanted to trade him for a bag of pucks lol

Reactions: PaulD

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
The reason he is succeeding is that he is playing where he is due , the third line

We over used him as a top 6 fwd

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
The reason he is succeeding is that he is playing where he is due , the third line

We over used him as a top 6 fwd
He isn't on the “3rd line" he is more on the 2nd line and has top 6 minutes. That being said he absolutely deserves it, he has been our most consistent offensive threat. Pacioretty should be taking some notes, maybe hiding in the shadows isn't working as well as he thought...

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
He isn't on the “3rd line" he is more on the 2nd line and has top 6 minutes. That being said he absolutely deserves it, he has been our most consistent offensive threat. Pacioretty should be taking some notes, maybe hiding in the shadows isn't working as well as he thought...
Pacioretty leads the team in points in November with 10 points in 14 GP.

Reactions: sharks9 and the

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Lots to like about the Habs game tonight, again every lines consistent play has paid in offence. Gallagher has been the Habs most consistent player this year. Nice to see Carr backchecking his way to offence as well.

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
He's the second highest goal scorer on the team this season.

He's a top 10 goal scorer in the NHL over the last 6 seasons.

Any argument that Pacioretty doesn't score goals, is just completely ignorant of facts.
The only way to be factual here would be to say he is on pace to score less goals than his previous 6 seasons. That being said, about 25 goals on a very bad team.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The only way to be factual here would be to say he is on pace to score less goals than his previous 6 seasons. That being said, about 25 goals on a very bad team.
And that's the problem, it kind of feeds on itself. When you're on a bad team, everyone's numbers are going to tank. He doesn't have a centerman, he doesn't have a puckmoving D... Tough to produce when you're on a team as bad as this one. We don't even have Weber in the lineup.

Gallagher's been consistent with his effort and had a relatively good year. But his totals aren't going to be what they were if he were on a good team too.

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
And that's the problem, it kind of feeds on itself. When you're on a bad team, everyone's numbers are going to tank. He doesn't have a centerman, he doesn't have a puckmoving D... Tough to produce when you're on a team as bad as this one. We don't even have Weber in the lineup.

Gallagher's been consistent with his effort and had a relatively good year. But his totals aren't going to be what they were if he were on a good team too.
His scoring output will never be my main criticism of him. His lack of heart, leadership or playoff performance (most recently) would be my angles of attack if I were debating his value to the team.

Gallagher has Marchand potential...For a while, Bruins fans were wishing they had Brendan instead of Brad.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
His scoring output will never be my main criticism of him. His lack of heart, leadership or playoff performance (most recently) would be my angles of attack if I were debating his value to the team.

Gallagher has Marchand potential...For a while, Bruins fans were wishing they had Brendan instead of Brad.
Every team would love to have him. He's all heart.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
He's the second highest goal scorer on the team this season.

He's a top 10 goal scorer in the NHL over the last 6 seasons.

Any argument that Pacioretty doesn't score goals, is just completely ignorant of facts.

Pacioretty should be playing with Gallagher.

Pacioretty Danault Gallagher

or

Pacioretty Hudon Gallagher,

whichever produces better.

This line would give us a second line that is consistently an offensive threat.
Can't stand that Gallagher's playing with Plekanec and that Pacioretty isn't playing with better offensive players.

Jul 6, 2016
Pacioretty should be playing with Gallagher.

Pacioretty Danault Gallagher

or

Pacioretty Hudon Gallagher,

whichever produces better.

This line would give us a second line that is consistently an offensive threat.
Can't stand that Gallagher's playing with Plekanec and that Pacioretty isn't playing with better offensive players.

Exactly.!!!!

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

I like Gally.......but he could not tie Marchands skates.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I like Gally.......but he could not tie Marchands skates.

Gallagher has 20 goals playing with Plekanec and Lehkonen ( I like Lehkonen, but have you seen his offensive production?).

How many goals and points would Gallagher have if he was playing with Patrice Bergeron and Pastrnak? Once happens then we can make a comparison.

Marchand definitely has the edge. But Gally's hand injuries have slowed him down the past couple years. Now that he's entering his prime, I'd like to see what he can do with top tier offensive players, and that tier doesn't include Plekanec and Lehkonen.

Reactions: Genesis76

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Any player that has 20 goals at this point in the season, i.e. is on pace for 30, while playing the whole season with Plekanec, is pretty darn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->