Player Discussion Brendan Gallagher

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Personally I like Gallagher with the A better. Part of his game is to play outside the lines, after the whistle, etc... I'd rather our captain not be that type of player. Radulov was my first choice, Weber my second.

I think if Gallagher doesn't get the C then Weber no doubt will. It's interesting to compare the two since they are both similar in the fact they lead by example through their play but different in how they act off the ice or between whistles. As you said Gallagher creates havoc on the ice between whistles, Weber on the other hand is the guy you send out to calm things down. Off the ice, Gallagher is better to deal with the media and spotlight, On the ice Weber is better equip to deal with the refs.

Both have complimenting pros and cons to them becoming captain which makes it hard to tell who would be next in line.

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
No you win cups with Gallagher’s not pacmanretty
Yeah I know but this team is heading towards an (extended) rebuild, so keeping a Gallagher around for too long when his stock will most likely never be higher might not make sense. I don't see any cup runs in the short to intermediate future of this franchise sadly.

Oh and Pac should have been gone like 2 years ago.

Reactions: habsfan909

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Yeah I know but this team is heading towards an (extended) rebuild, so keeping a Gallagher around for too long when his stock will most likely never be higher might not make sense. I don't see any cup runs in the short to intermediate future of this franchise sadly.

Oh and Pac should have been gone like 2 years ago.

Trading everyone on the team isn't always a good plan. Whatever return you get for Gallagher probably won't be the type of slam dunk you'd want for a guy you would rather not want to see play in another jersey.

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
Its interesting to think about .
Gallagher value is at his all time high and how long of a really good career can he have with his play style .
Unless someone offers us a top 6 C or a top C prospect(in other words overpayment) , i would keep him .

I think he should be the next C if Patches leaves

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
You need more players like Gallagher and Subban, not Pacioretty and lazy players like him

I don't know if I'd qualify Pacioretty as lazy, but he isn't as implicated as he used to be, and he definitely isn't as implicated as before his injury and his suspension particularly.

He's fine as a support player, but as team captain of the habs he's in the worst seat in the league for his playing style.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Love the player but wouldn't be against trading him if someone offers up a package that includes a 1st round pick + prospect

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Gallagher has 10 goals in 20 games since the trade deadline.

Anybody still think Plekanec wasn't brining him down?

He can score 35 - 40 if he's on the first wave of the pp from day 1 and playing with talented offensive players like Drouin, Galchenyuk, and Scherbak, again from day 1.

Oh, and Drouin has 15 points in his last 20 games (i.e. since the deadline), many playing with Gallagher. It helps when the best offensive players play with each other

Reactions: Redux91

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Gallagher has 10 goals in 20 games since the trade deadline.

Anybody still think Plekanec wasn't brining him down?

He can score 35 - 40 if he's on the first wave of the pp from day 1 and playing with talented offensive players like Drouin, Galchenyuk, and Scherbak, again from day 1.

Oh, and Drouin has 15 points in his last 20 games (i.e. since the deadline), many playing with Gallagher. It helps when the best offensive players play with each other
It helps when players with offensive talent aren't playing behind a player who can no longer provide ANY offense.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Been thinking about this a lot lately, but I think Brendan Gallagher looks a little like the Franco brothers. Anyone else?
6i819xY.jpg

Last edited:

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
I agree and thought bloody hell I agree with Belial then realized you are probably being sarcastic and taking the piss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->