Player Discussion Brendan Gallagher

Status
Not open for further replies.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
He isn't on the “3rd line" he is more on the 2nd line and has top 6 minutes. That being said he absolutely deserves it, he has been our most consistent offensive threat. Pacioretty should be taking some notes, maybe hiding in the shadows isn't working as well as he thought...
Patches is a soft player, definitely not a "power" forward like Evander Kane of the Sharks. Patches avoids the corners where a big defenceman will crunch him. Perhaps, he still has nightmares of Zedeno Chara's interference smash.

Last edited:

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Patches is a soft player, definitely not a "power" forward like Evander Kane of the Sharks. Patches avoids the corners where a big defenceman will crunch him. Perhaps, he still has nightmares of Zedeno Charo's interference smash.

I would be in favor of signing Evander Kane. It would make it easier to trade Pacioretty for picks and young prospects who aren't ready yet.

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
Patches is a soft player, definitely not a "power" forward like Evander Kane of the Sharks. Patches avoids the corners where a big defenceman will crunch him. Perhaps, he still has nightmares of Zedeno Charo's interference smash.

Didn't he turn down his physical play a few notches following a suspension he got early in his nhl career, before the Chara incident even took place?

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Patches is a soft player, definitely not a "power" forward like Evander Kane of the Sharks. Patches avoids the corners where a big defenceman will crunch him. Perhaps, he still has nightmares of Zedeno Chara's interference smash.

He was one at one point , Chara hit ruined him.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Brendan Gallagher is a hero. Unfortunately, he's also the last Spartan alive at Thermopylae.

He is a big part of this team and the offense.

After his back to back hand injuries I wasn't sure whether his lack of production was due to his injuries or that his game wasn't suited for the faster NHL - in fact I thought it was his lack of speed.

But now he's back to being a top 6 forward, and may even be an elite first line winger. He should have been at the all star game instead of price. He's on pace for 30 goals despite playing most of the year with Plekanec. How many would he have if he were playing with players like Bergeron and Pasternak?

It looks like next year we'll get to see what he can do when he plays a full year in the top six and on the first pp unit.

Last edited:

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
He is a big part of this team and the offense.

After his back to back hand injuries I wasn't sure whether his lack of production was due to his injuries or that his game wasn't suited for the faster NHL - in fact I thought it was his lack of speed.

But now he's back to being a top 6 forward, and may even be an elite first line winger. He should have been at the all star game instead of price. He's on pace for 30 goals despite playing most of the year with Plekanec. How many would he have if he were playing with Bergeron and Pasternak?

It looks like we'll find out next year when he plays the full year in the top six and on the first pp unit.

Gallagher has been phenomenal this year. His possession in the offensive zone is impressive stuff.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Gallagher really took his game to another level this year. Much more effective away from the net than I ever thought he'd be.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Conspiracy question: IS Patches out, ... <in a tiny small part> ... to help Brendan transition to Captain? I get the feeling that Gally would be a way better Captain than Patches, and he has been showing it for a long time.

There are only two real choices afte Patches ... Weber and Gally.

Patches could actually learn from Gally .... if his mind is open to it ...

Great game for Gally so far tonight. 30 goals, and 2 for the game. Love to see him get a batty or more.

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
I have never been so happy for a player, love Gally. Since Vanisheretty has been out most of the team have played better, he seems to have dragged them along with him. Every line he’s been on they have played better. He is more comfortable in front of the media than Weber too so I support him for captain. I don’t hold what he said about PK against him as even though I love PK I was sick of hearing about PK too. Shame they won’t even consider him for the Hart as he surely is the MVP of the Habs

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Congrats Brendan! What a ****ing warrior this guy is, a true thoroughbred captain right there.

All I wish is that he plays another decade for us.

He deserves the C

I have never been so happy for a player, love Gally. Since Vanisheretty has been out most of the team have played better, he seems to have dragged them along with him. Every line he’s been on they have played better. He is more comfortable in front of the media than Weber too so I support him for captain. I don’t hold what he said about PK against him as even though I love PK I was sick of hearing about PK too. Shame they won’t even consider him for the Hart as he surely is the MVP of the Habs
For some reason, I haven't posted my Gally gif in this thread... yet :popcorn:

vhqqab.jpg

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Gallagher is one of the best value/contract in the NHL , good job Bergy...I suppose even a broken clock is right twice a day :sarcasm:.

Glad Gally is around until at least 2021.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tuggy

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I apologize to all the guys here saying Gallagher was a heart and soul player capable of top 6 duties

Gallagher should have C , Weber an A

Pac nothing

Reactions: Habs100

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I apologize to all the guys here saying Gallagher was a heart and soul player capable of top 6 duties

Gallagher should have C , Weber an A

Pac nothing

Personally I like Gallagher with the A better. Part of his game is to play outside the lines, after the whistle, etc... I'd rather our captain not be that type of player. Radulov was my first choice, Weber my second.

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
He was one at one point , Chara hit ruined him.

Ruined him? The guy has been one of the most prolific scorers in the NHL *since* the Chara hit. He only scored 20 career goals before the hit, 206 goals since the hit. If he wasn't struggling so much this season and had just 12 more goals this year, he would be 3rd in goals since 2011-2012, behind only Ovechkin and Stamkos. How much better do you think he would be without that hit?

It's entirely possible that Pacioretty's game would be better were it not for the hit, but to say that the hit ruined him is absurd. Scott Stevens ruined Kariya and Lindros. Matt Cooke ruined Marc Savard. Ulf Samuelsson ruined Cam Neely. Chara did not ruin Pacioretty.

Last edited:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I will admit I was skeptical how Gallagher would respond after last season since back to back hand injuries and a declining offensive rate wasn't encouraging. Full credit to him for the season he has been. He may not wear the C now but in my opinion he's the defacto captain now.

Just think, as a player who would you recognize as the captain of the team? A player who was often invisible anf contributing to the struggles the team was going through or a player who has tried to pull the team out of this mess and has continued to work hard even when it's clear the games don't mean much.

Reactions: CanadiensChick
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad