Braydon Coburn

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Calgary says they can spend to the cap.

The Flames might be interested in Coburn if they are still in playoff position at the deadline. If he does leave the Flyers, I would love to see him go there and hopefully torment the Oilers for many years.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

The Flames might be interested in Coburn if they are still in playoff position at the deadline. If he does leave the Flyers, I would love to see him go there and hopefully torment the Oilers for many years.

if we did trade him to the oilers, the only thing we would want from them would be draft picks.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia

This would be an ideal location to trade him to. Calgary did admit they were still thinking long term with trades though but Coburn has been a target of Burkie before I believe while he was in Toronto. Coburn for their 1st rounder+Sven Baertschi

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I would want Calgary's 2015 1st for Coburn. They could protect it in case they miss the playoffs and win the lottery, which case we get their 2015 2nd and 2015 3rd/2016 2nd.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I would want Calgary's 2015 1st for Coburn. They could protect it in case they miss the playoffs and win the lottery, which case we get their 2015 2nd and 2015 3rd/2016 2nd.

I would want to do what the islanders did last year. We either get their 2015 pick or 2016 first. they get to decide.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2014/12/9/7342497/braydon-coburn-analysis-penalty-kill-flyers

In my opinion of the 10 goals against, one was Coburn's fault, two were inconclusive, and seven were not his fault. Over those same 10 goals against, Grossmann was out there with Coburn on six of them, and was at fault for just as many. This is less an indictment of Grossmann and more of a plea to not pin the failings of the penalty kill on any one individual. Especially the guy that has played the most minutes in recent years on one of the league's top penalty kills.

We've seen it enough times now to know that Coburn functions far better as the #2 on a given pairing. We've seen him excel with Timonen and be pedestrian when asked to do more. It's not as if Coburn is without fault with respect to the sideshow the Flyers call a defense corps right now.

However, choosing an arbitrary line in the sand by which to judge goals against numbers isn't reflective of Coburn's play. He shouldn't be scratched for it. He is not to blame for the bad penalty kill. It's just ... a pretty bad penalty kill that really misses a couple of key contributors.

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
i remember Hextall saying in a video about the Hartnell trade that we needed to clear some cap space to resign some guys in the near future he mentioned Voracek,Coots,Schenn and Coburn.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
i remember Hextall saying in a video about the Hartnell trade that we needed to clear some cap space to resign some guys in the near future he mentioned Voracek,Coots,Schenn and Coburn.

I saw two in which he said resigning guys, but neither mentioned names. Searched, but could not find the one you saw.

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
I think that might change between then and when his contract is up, especially if the core four defensive prospects develop enough by then

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I would want to do what the islanders did last year. We either get their 2015 pick or 2016 first. they get to decide.

Meh, I wouldn't be too into that due to the Flyers being a bad team without a 2nd round pick. Another year of Coburn is worth at least that. If it's a team on the playoff bubble, i'd make it a '15 1st if they make the playoffs OR a '15 2nd plus '16 3rd. If it's a 1st this year that's fine. If it's not, then it needs to be multiple picks, the Flyers gave up 2 each for MacDonald, Grossmann, and Kubina. If we're talking a true contender, then it's a '15 1st+.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
guess who posted the link to that video :laugh:

not the exact same what i said but i think it's a hint.

Oh, he did say Coburn specifically. Yikes. Only thing worse would have been adding Grossmann in there as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad