Braydon Coburn

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
I've seen a couple of games recently where Grossmann was clearly better than Coburn.
That's more on Coburn though and how inconsistent he has been.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Coburn had a miserable start to his season, but he's been much better for a decent chunk of time now. I feel like most people can't let go of his start, but he's been more than fine the last several games. Still in a role he shouldn't be in, but if he's going to play like he's played recently, I have nothing to complain about.

Ditto ^

Having said this if we can get a 1st rounder and a roster player I would be ok with trading him but I would rather reconstitute the D properly and resign him. People just keep getting hung up on how he's not a number 1 d man...yeah we get it...he's not!

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
Ditto ^

Having said this if we can get a 1st rounder and a roster player I would be ok with trading him but I would rather reconstitute the D properly and resign him. People just keep getting hung up on how he's not a number 1 d man...yeah we get it...he's not!

I agree for the right price though. Personally i would even take a 1st alone for him and have 2 1st this year becuase of how deep the draft is this year and what we have waiting in the wings, not to mention we have 2 d healthy scratched every night who are both relatively servicable and not that many leaps and bounds below Coburn. That being said, if the price isnt right, id resign him at a decent price. We cant risk strapping ourselves with more bad contracts. His contract year, we do lose Umbergers and 1 more year of Vinny, so at the right price his contract year we will only be stuck with Amac's bad deal

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I agree for the right price though. Personally i would even take a 1st alone for him and have 2 1st this year becuase of how deep the draft is this year and what we have waiting in the wings, not to mention we have 2 d healthy scratched every night who are both relatively servicable and not that many leaps and bounds below Coburn. That being said, if the price isnt right, id resign him at a decent price. We cant risk strapping ourselves with more bad contracts. His contract year, we do lose Umbergers and 1 more year of Vinny, so at the right price his contract year we will only be stuck with Amac's bad deal

I think we can get somebody to overpay to be honest. Hextall needs to be patient. Thankfully Holmgren is not at the helm. He would probably trade Coburn for a first and then trade it like we did that year we drafted Sbisa and then got Eminger for the 2nd of the 1st rounders! :shakehead

Having said this I still lean to keeping Coburn as a veteran presence with more mileage to give....but yeah no crazy contract

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I don't see the Flyers paying Coburn what he will get on the open market after next season, so I think now is the time to move him at the deadline if you can get a top 20 pick in the draft.

We aren't winning the Cup this year or next so replacing Coburn with MacDonald, Colaiacovo, or even a guy like Alt is not a big deal.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I don't think Coburn will see 6 million unless he signs with a team like Edmonton. He probably sees a deal like Orpik saw this offseason(Grossly overpaid) or around there. If we don't find a taker for him, I surly wouldn't mind keeping him. Pronger and Streits contract come off a year after he is due for a new contract.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I don't think Coburn will see 6 million unless he signs with a team like Edmonton. He probably sees a deal like Orpik saw this offseason(Grossly overpaid) or around there. If we don't find a taker for him, I surly wouldn't mind keeping him. Pronger and Streits contract come off a year after he is due for a new contract.

Coburn is younger and more mobile than Orpik. I think $6 million is pretty much a shoe-in for him.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Coburn is younger and more mobile than Orpik. I think $6 million is pretty much a shoe-in for him.

I would love to know what other offers there were for Orpik. I wish capgeek didn't die so we could have a better understanding of our cap for this and the following year.

6 million would have to be the absolute upper limit I would ever pay for him. That would have to be on a 3-4 year deal too. He probably gets 6 years on the market.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I would love to know what other offers there were for Orpik. I wish capgeek didn't die so we could have a better understanding of our cap for this and the following year.

6 million would have to be the absolute upper limit I would ever pay for him. That would have to be on a 3-4 year deal too. He probably gets 6 years on the market.

Wow I didn't know about Capgeek! That's crazy. Loved that site. Hope the guy recovers. If not, I hope a similar site pops up. Both useful and fun at times.

I just can't see the Flyers paying him $6 million with MacDonald locked up for 5 more years at $5 million per and Streit with a few years left at over $5 million too. If they move Streit at the deadline for a 1st rounder than maybe..

I'd rather see him moved for a top 20 pick if at all possible.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Coburn had a miserable start to his season, but he's been much better for a decent chunk of time now. I feel like most people can't let go of his start, but Ge's been more than fine the last several games. Still in a role he shouldn't be in, but if he's going to play like he's played recently, I have nothing to complain about.

Let's not forget that Coburn was injured at the beginning of the season and he likely wasn't 100% when he came back.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00