Braydon Coburn

south jersey flyer

Jun 2, 2010
Lumberton, NJ
What a solid player Braydon Coburn is. He won't dazzle you with his offensive capabilities, but there are few players in the NHL who are better at out and out defending. He's big, fast, strong, and doesn't make too many mistakes. Just a good player, the type of player you want out on the ice as time expires (if you're ahead, that is).

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
What a solid player Braydon Coburn is. He won't dazzle you with his offensive capabilities, but there are few players in the NHL who are better at out and out defending. He's big, fast, strong, and doesn't make too many mistakes. Just a good player, the type of player you want out on the ice as time expires (if you're ahead, that is).

While this isn't always true about Coburn, it certainly has been for most of this season.

Good year for Coburn, he's playing with a lot more consistency then I've noticed in the past.

south jersey flyer

Jun 2, 2010
Lumberton, NJ
Season to season, maybe not game to game.

Cant argue that he rises to the occasion. Arguably our best Dman this entire series? Havent seen much out of Kimmo personally.

The only other defender that I might consider would be Timonen, but his speed and agility have plummeted the past two seasons. Can't think of who else has been more consistent. I don't know what "season to season" and "game to game" mean, but how is the most consistent defender not Coburn?

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Coburn is a solid #2 -#3 D on most teams.
He is not the problem. Every cup winning team needs players like him who just deliver night after night at a reasonable contract.
Coby is a workhorse for the team but struggles when asked to play like a #1.

RJ8812*

Coburn is a solid #2 -#3 D on most teams.
He is not the problem. Every cup winning team needs players like him who just deliver night after night at a reasonable contract.
Coby is a workhorse for the team but struggles when asked to play like a #1.

Being asked to play like a #1 isn't the only time he struggles

He's been great in the playoffs so far though

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
I think it's funny how people were in love with Grossmann when he first got here and can't understand what has happened to him. Ignoring the fact that he was paired with Coburn his first year here who could cover up his short comings.

I really think Coburn is under appreciated by many because he doesn't put up points but having a mean that can match up against any type of player is princess. He has the speed to play fast guys, strength to play the PFs and the reach to take away space from snipers.

Phillyfan28

Jun 3, 2013
I think it's funny how people were in love with Grossmann when he first got here and can't understand what has happened to him. Ignoring the fact that he was paired with Coburn his first year here who could cover up his short comings.

I really think Coburn is under appreciated by many because he doesn't put up points but having a mean that can match up against any type of player is princess. He has the speed to play fast guys, strength to play the PFs and the reach to take away space from snipers.

I think its the fact he can play extremely well but is subject to boneheaded plays, that other players of a similar caliber commit less frequently.

He is on a fair cap hit, and aside from Timonen who is 37, id argue he's our most important defenseman.

south jersey flyer

Jun 2, 2010
Lumberton, NJ
I think its the fact he can play extremely well but is subject to boneheaded plays, that other players of a similar caliber commit less frequently.

He is on a fair cap hit, and aside from Timonen who is 37, id argue he's our most important defenseman.

He is more important than Timonen. Who do you think would be harder to replace: he or Coburn?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

If Timonen was still 37 he'd be more important. But it's not 2012 anymore.

Phillyfan28

Jun 3, 2013
He is more important than Timonen. Who do you think would be harder to replace: he or Coburn?

Pretty sure I said he was more important than Timonen (by stating Kimmo's age, I was also implying that age was considered in my decision)

As i already said he is more important, I think I would continue with that theme and say he would be harder to replace. We have no one else who can matchup like Coburn, whereas i believe Streit can function in a similar capacity as Timonen

If Timonen was still 37 he'd be more important. But it's not 2012 anymore.

sorry bud, 39 it is. Just meant to imply he's old and no longer in his prime (while still very serviceable obviously)

south jersey flyer

Jun 2, 2010
Lumberton, NJ
Pretty sure I said he was more important than Timonen (by stating Kimmo's age, I was also implying that age was considered in my decision)

As i already said he is more important, I think I would continue with that theme and say he would be harder to replace. We have no one else who can matchup like Coburn, whereas i believe Streit can function in a similar capacity as Timonen

Ah okay. When you said "He is on a fair cap hit, and aside from Timonen who is 37, id argue he's our most important defenseman," I figured you meant that Timonen was still more important.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,050.00