Brayden Schenn or Tyler Seguin

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Seguin has way more upside than Schenn although Schenn is a safer bet to reach his potential but based on top end potential alone which is all we have to go by since neither has proven anything at the NHL level, it is clearly Seguin.

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
Seguin has way more upside than Schenn although Schenn is a safer bet to reach his potential but based on top end potential alone which is all we have to go by since neither has proven anything at the NHL level, it is clearly Seguin.

Schenn is not more a sure bet to reach his potential. I don't see him as a top 6 player at this point. The way he''s going he looks like a 3rd/2nd line tweener.

Seguin has way more talent and is more likely to be a 1st line center than Schenn.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Schenn is not more a sure bet to reach his potential. I don't see him as a top 6 player at this point. The way he''s going he looks like a 3rd/2nd line tweener.

Seguin has way more talent and is more likely to be a 1st line center than Schenn.

2nd/3rd line tweener? Lol... is this a joke?

I agree with the other person that Schenn is more likely to hit his potential which is 70-80 first line center than Seguin who has 90-100 point potential. Its much harder to reach that than 70-80.

kurri_17

Jul 10, 2006
K-W
Seguin AINEC... sure he hasn't really met the expectations associated with a #2 overall pick, but it's not like Schenn has met the expectations associated with a #5 overall pick..

How hasn't Seguin or Schenn met expectations?

I think they've both done the expected... Seguin wasn't quite NHL ready and made the team and is doing okay on the whole. He wasn't as ready as Hall was, that's why Hall was 1st.

Schenn has done just fine for a 5th overall, IMHO.

OvenChicken8

Sep 9, 2010
Edmonton
Tyler Seguin and it's not even close.

It's really not close.

At all.

/fixed
Brayden Schenn couldn't even stay on the LA Kings roster this year... Seguin, even though he's not playing a ton of minutes is doing really well on an NHL team.

If Seguin was in junior everyone would be saying Brayden who?

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
2nd/3rd line tweener? Lol... is this a joke?

I agree with the other person that Schenn is more likely to hit his potential which is 70-80 first line center than Seguin who has 90-100 point potential. Its much harder to reach that than 70-80.

What are you basing this off of..The world juniors? He racked up some big numbers against poor teams. I'm not saying he didn't score against the better teams but he had like a 5 point game against (Norway was it?)

Remember that Cody Hodgson guy? He had a pretty damn good WJ in 2008 and still has yet to establish himself as full time an NHLer. He plays on the 4th line, I would know, I'm a Canucks fan.

Schenn does not have the speed or puck skills to be a 1st line center, No I'm not joking.

xavi4life

Mr. Irreverent
Jun 30, 2007
Los Angeles
Seguin is a #1 center a la Joe Sakic.
Schenn is your #2 center a la Forsberg.

Both are going to be great and it'd be great to have both on one team.

LaFan1967

Sep 2, 2007
Seguin. Wouldn't even want to imagine the points Seguin would be putting up in junior this year and next.

Remember, Seguin is actually a year younger than Schenn.

Tyler Seguin

Birthdate: 1992-01-31

Brayden Schenn

Birthdate: 1991-08-22

Sept - Oct - Nov - Dec - Jan .... yup a year younger :shakehead

the answer is Sequin until Schenn makes the NHL and out performs Sequin

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
What are you basing this off of..The world juniors? He racked up some big numbers against poor teams. I'm not saying he didn't score against the better teams but he had like a 5 point game against (Norway was it?)

Remember that Cody Hodgson guy? He had a pretty damn good WJ in 2008 and still has yet to establish himself as full time an NHLer. He plays on the 4th line, I would know, I'm a Canucks fan.

Schenn does not have the speed or puck skills to be a 1st line center, No I'm not joking.

Schenn had that potential since he was drafted and all he's done is progress.

I don't put too much stock into WJC unlike some other people around here who have overrated Schenn like insane and you are underrating him quite badly. What has he done for you to say he is a 2nd/3rd line tweener?

Does he expolsive speed? No, but he excellent vision and playmaking skills. While he doesn't have great size, he is solid down low, wins battle and plays physical. He's got a good shot and will be lethal on the powerplay.

While I despise the Canucks and the so overly rated Hodgson, he is not a bust by any means and still has potential to be a 1st/2nd line center. Keep in mind injuries have really hurt him and likely slowed down his development. He's not tearing up the AHL or anything but they are okay numbers considering it's his first year there and what stands out to be is that he only has 6 assists in 34 games while having 12 goals. I don't watch Canucks AHL team but I am assuming his linemates aren't all that good?

If Hodgson can get more time in AHL to develop and stay healthy, he can still become a solid player for the Canucks. I'd also say Schenn has been better than Hodgson throughout the minors and even during his little AHL conditioning stint, he put 7 points in 7 games and PPG in AHL for a rookie is hard.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
To be fair, there is no way Terry Murray would have played Seguin this season either.

Parise09*

Seguin potential ppg #1 centre or Schenn a 60ish point 2nd line centre.

tough decision, lol.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
To compare, I'd say Seguin has a potential to be like Toews, Schenn to be like Mike Richards. More would take the player who plays like Toews ahead of the one who plays like Richards, but they both have their strengths and weaknesses and you can't go wrong with either choice. One is more talented and a better skater, whereas the other is a better two-way player and more physical. Still too early to gauge where they'll top out at though. To be reasonable, I'd say Schenn is closer to a 60-70 point range, Seguin more of a 70-80 point range player. I wouldn't tab any of them to be in the 90-100 range quite yet.

skolgoar

Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
schenn is not playing Jrs because the Kings are developing him slowly and they are happy with their #1 & 2 centers. Seguin is on the Bruins because of the pressure to keep a #2 pick and the concussion problems of Savard. I think that Seguin will be the more dynamic player but he wouldn't be getting as big an opportunity if Savard was in the lineup and one of the current centers got slid to the wing.

mcphllp

Dion @ 6.5=Discount
Dec 27, 2008
Ive been completely underwhelmed by both. I think the hype ruins both for me.

If I could have one Id take Schenn though. Havent seen anything special from Seguin, but maybe that'll change if he plays more than 9 mins a night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad