Brayden Schenn or Tyler Seguin

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I'd take Schenn. Better defensively and that goes further in the playoffs. I only see Seguin topping of as a 60-70 point player kind of like a Stephen Wiess. I think Schenn will be around that mark also as a 60-70 point player but he will be better in other aspects of the game. Just not high on Seguin...

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Seguin has a huge offensive upside, and is an NHL player.

Schenn is a two way beast, and is absolutely tearing up the WHL ... but he should be. He spent half a season of pro, and is a 19 year old. He will be a real good NHLer but Seguin is a tier 1 player, Schenn is a 1b

The Saurus

May 12, 2006
Brayden Schenn. He's being developed the right way and when he makes the Kings, he'll be a force in his rookie year.

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
Seguin. Wouldn't even want to imagine the points Seguin would be putting up in junior this year and next.

Remember, Seguin is actually a year younger than Schenn.

Dougie Seguin

2011 Cup Champs
May 2, 2010
Massachusetts
Brayden Schenn. He's being developed the right way and when he makes the Kings, he'll be a force in his rookie year.

I'd take Schenn. Better defensively and that goes further in the playoffs. I only see Seguin topping of as a 60-70 point player kind of like a Stephen Wiess. I think Schenn will be around that mark also as a 60-70 point player but he will be better in other aspects of the game. Just not high on Seguin...

lol both of these guys have leaf players in their name and both voted for Schenn, coincidence? i think not!

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Seguin AINEC... sure he hasn't really met the expectations associated with a #2 overall pick, but it's not like Schenn has met the expectations associated with a #5 overall pick..

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I enjoy how it is only the Leafs fans that have voted for Schenn.

Seguin is 18, kid is a beast, and definitely not a bust.

Vic Rattlehead*

lol

Seguin isn't being developed the right way? He's already made significant improvements in his defensive game and looked great last night in a tough, defensive game against Calgary.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Seguin... just way too much potential. He can be a franchise center for the Bruins. I just don't see the same upside with Schenn but he can become a solid all-around 1st line center.

Both will be great players though.

Trunz05

Dec 2, 2010
The Schenn hype is getting ridiculous now. Seguin 7 days a week and twice on Sundays easily.

CandiedBacon

Seguin and Hamilton
Sep 2, 2010
EpicMealTime
Seguin, he has so much more offensive upside and has the potential to top out as a 80-100 point player. This is not a homer post as I would think the same whether he went to Boston or Edmonton. He is developing defensively this year and will have an offensive breakout next season when he is given his chance to shine in the Top 6 or Top 3.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Here is my reasoning for Seguin:

1. He actually plays in the NHL. One of the few cases where Schenn doesnt get the "centre depth" excuse. Both players had to impress mightily to stay on their teams rosters. One did, one didnt. I realize Seguin's draft pedigree helped a bit, but he earned his spot in the NHL.

2. Seguin is putting up very good points as an 18 year old. Could hit 30 the way hes played lately, and expect his point totals to increase A LOT when he gets more than 10 minutes of ice.

3. Seguin does most things better than Schenn. Hes a lot faster, slightly better passer, and has a better shot (has a good release). Schenn has physical play, and defensive play, but thats it

4. Schenn's footspeed will prevent him from being a gamebreaker like Seguin. This was shown at the WJC, when he was unable to will his way through team Russia, like Kuznetsov did.

All in all, Seguin will likely end up a better player. I am not thrashing Schenn at all though. For if neither were to become offensive beasts, Schenn would be able to play a 3rd line role more effectively than Seguin. Schenn will be a very good NHL player, and is elite in his own right, but Seguin just has that quality which stars have

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Seguin is faster and uses it to his advantage. He'll make plays at full stride that most players can't make standing still, including Schenn IMO.

There's a league of offensive upside separating the two.

Seguin for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad