News: Brayden Point open to bridge, 5-year or even 8-year extension with Tampa as per agent

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I wonder if maybe, just maybe, playing on perhaps the most stacked roster in the league helps these guys in Tampa want to stay for reasonable prices. Sure, the no state taxes helps, but that can't be the whole story.

All of our best players did it before Point. Hes a smart guy and wants to win. He will do the same. Tons of good players across the league have done it before with their teams. Its a smart thing to do if you want to win. Tom Brady took a lot less for his teams to be competitive. Some guys just want to win.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I mean eventually Tampa is going to run into a guy who isn't willing to take a discount, and I won't blame them. These guys want to win, but still need to look out for their future and the future of their families.

I just don't think Point will be the guy to break that trend. I don't imagine any of the drafted and raised guys in the Tampa organization will.

Depends on what happens if Tampa actually wins. Once you get that Cup things can change.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Toronto: We will sign all of them. Agent says no hometown discount, my player should get all the money

Tampa: Agent says the player really like it there and is open to do whats best for Tampa

Taxes isnt the only reason Tampa has a lot of good contracts

If it was we would have had guys lining up to play here every year before we were good. Never happened. Wonder why??

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
Just because you have a high IQ doesn't mean you are a good negotiator.
What do people think, they did some kind of GM IQ test before he was hired?

The issue in Toronto isnt the GM, it's the media. Turn on sportsnet or TSN and all you hear are insane numbers thrown around because it generates viewership. Once these players hear it enough they come to expect it.

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
Pacioretty for Tatar Suzuki and mid 2nd round pick
Galchenyuk for Domi
Ahlers for Kulak (who is better than any Toronto defensemen not named Reilly Muzzin)
Simon Bourque for Mason (buyout) Joel Armia 7th rd pick 2019 fourth round pick 2020
Plekanec for 2nd round pick (Olofsson)
5th round pick for Mike Reilly
Montoya for 4th round pick
Jakub Jerabek for 5th round pick
Zack Redmond for Deslauriers
2018 7th round pick for 2017 7th round pick (Cayden Primeau)
Drouin for Sergachev (jury is still out)

Bergevin made a couple of bad moves since hired but lately. he has been doing a great job at stockpilling the picks and making trades...
Wow a full roster of stars. habs fans are funny..

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
not sure the OP knows how full Tampa bay Arena is and how strong the Hockey is in Tampa.

More people in Florida watch Auto racing than hockey. College Football too.

Hockey is the 6th most popular sport there.

Sure there are fans and the team is great, but lets not kid ourselves.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Friendly reminder for every Tampa FA or Resigning thread.

The players will still pay the federal tax on their bonuses and salary. Which is 37%. If they are Canadian citizens and get any bonuses, they pay an additional 15% on the bonuses. So Tampa players can pay anywhere from 37%-52% in taxes.

Now please continue your narratives of no taxes.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Point is the best tbl player imo. Everytime I watch them which is quite a bit I notice him the most.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: