Player Discussion Brandon Carlo II

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
i want a second opinion
recchionstand1.jpg

The Bruins have an inside man who is also an alumnus for this sort of thing...

Reactions: hrdpuk

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'm all for Wilson getting the book thrown at him. As far as I'm concerned, whatever he gets won't be enough.

When you watch the replay frame by frame, the head was not the primary point of contact. For it to be the primary point, it has to be the first contact.

The NHL wants him suspended. They couldn't go with hit to the head as the rule is written. Kudos to them for finding a way to do it with boarding.

Looks to me like he gets his shoulder into his collarbone area first, but it was his hands being held high (intentionally IMO) it's his hands/gloves that impact Carlo's head and drive his head into the glass.

I don't understand the NHL's thinking here. So he basically grazes his collarbone/chest area, yet keeps his hands high and drives the player's head into the glass, so barely touching his chest area on the hit first negates the "primary point of contact" part and makes the headshot with his hands secondary.

For me, there are a lot of ways Wilson can go in and make a hit to separate puck from player and still keep his hands down. He didn't, so if it wasn't intentional it was reckless, and should of been handed a harsher punishment IMO.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Looks to me like he gets his shoulder into his collarbone area first, but it was his hands being held high (intentionally IMO) it's his hands/gloves that impact Carlo's head and drive his head into the glass.

I don't understand the NHL's thinking here. So he basically grazes his collarbone/chest area, yet keeps his hands high and drives the player's head into the glass, so barely touching his chest area on the hit first negates the "primary point of contact" part and makes the headshot with his hands secondary.

For me, there are a lot of ways Wilson can go in and make a hit to separate puck from player and still keep his hands down. He didn't, so if it wasn't intentional it was reckless, and should of been handed a harsher punishment IMO.

Wilson knew exactly where he wanted to finish his hit.

Ev2kPL6XAAE9nvH.jpeg

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Totally agree, he had his sights set on his head from 10 feet away and doesn't take his eyes off Carlo's head, as this picture proves.

If he just finished the check without going high it would've been more debatable...he wanted to make a statement after being embarrassed by Trent during that shift

Reactions: BruinDust

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
If he just finished the check without going high it would've been more debatable...he wanted to make a statement after being embarrassed by Trent during that shift
I think he let his rage take over. Trent is really getting under his skin. Wilson has been an issue for the bruins for a few years now. I’m glad Trent is looking like the solution. Wilson going to be thinking about him as he lays in bed at night

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I hope we play Washington in the playoffs and sweep them, with Carlo getting the series GWG assisted by Frederic.

Yes, I realize the likelihood of that specific dream is.... not likely at all. :laugh:

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
The biggest piece missing right now is Brandon Carlo .We may not recognize his worth but the competition sure does and they're capitalizing on it.
People who would trade him for a 3rd line winger don't seem to realize his worth

Reactions: NDiesel

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
The biggest piece missing right now is Brandon Carlo .We may not recognize his worth but the competition sure does and they're capitalizing on it.
People who would trade him for a 3rd line winger don't seem to realize his worth

I feel those who understand the game recognize his worth and how big his absence is.

Nope, he doesn’t use the size like you’d want and doesn’t have nasty but he’s very good defensively, a big part of the PK, plays hard minutes, moves the puck well and solidifies the 2nd pairing. We really need him back.

I was glad to hear that his new injury is not concussion related but obviously sucks the new injury is serious but better than a second concussion right after coming back from the first one. (Once again, f*** Tom Wilson).

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Yep, defensive D aren't always easy to give recognition, but his steady presence and tough minutes makes the game a lot easier on his fellow Dmen

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
The other part is people forget how much he is part of the leadership. Let this sink in. When Krejci was out they didn't give McAvoy, Pasta, or Coyle the A, they gave it to Carlo.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
he has been trending minus. hopefully it's just slow recovery from injury.

I disagree, I thought he was solid tonight. Some tough moments but he played big minutes and did a good job. I’d like to see him with Lauzon to form a shutdown pair. Both guys big but can skate a little. Lauzon much stronger than Reilly defensively.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Carlo deserves praise

Has locked things down on D end

I hope Carlo, Mac and Grz are Bruins for a very long time
Yah I had the entire second row behind Rask to myself- 14 empty seats freakin bizarre but allowed me especially since no alcohol to pay attention to the defense and Carlo was excellent. I started off kidding he’s a better looking, better skating Hal Gill but he was all that and very strong on defense, This wax the best he looked in awhile and against a forward group as skilled and as big as Washington that is impressive- they want to be playing in the dog days of July we need him

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Yah I had the entire second row behind Rask to myself- 14 empty seats freakin bizarre but allowed me especially since no alcohol to pay attention to the defense and Carlo was excellent. I started off kidding he’s a better looking, better skating Hal Gill but he was all that and very strong on defense, This wax the best he looked in awhile and against a forward group as skilled and as big as Washington that is impressive- they want to be playing in the dog days of July we need him

I thought Carlo was extremely good early on but wilted a bit as the game went on.

Reactions: DKH

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
Despite the Caps goal going off of him I thought Carlo was an absolute stud tonight, dominant defensive performance.
I dont like Carlo....But he was and has been very good, He takes up space. Taking space is a good thing as a Dman. I dont think Carlo knows how good he can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad