Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
No way

Jones is going to cost 8 plus million per season

Carlo will be half of that max

Also Mac is this teams #1 RD for the next decade

Cant pay 8m+ a season for a 2nd pair RD

You give Jones any amount of money if he wants to play in Boston. Top 5, elite defenseman, trapped in Columbus.

Reactions: LSCII

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Definitely would like to see some snarl out of Carlo. I remember seeing it a couple times, too, which makes it more frustrating because we know it's in there!
Yeah it comes out occasionally it’s frustrating but I gave up looking for that out of him, he can definitely still be effective without it. I think he’ll be better tomorrow.

Reactions: Gordon Lightfoot

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Didn’t have a great game, buy I think he will improve. He’s a solid defenseman.

The Hal Gill comparison is not legit imo. He’s a much better skater and puck mover than Gill.

Better skater yup but Gill had better passing
ability.

Believe Gill drew interest from Northeastern
as a QB.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Better skater yup but Gill had better passing
ability.

Believe Gill drew interest from Northeastern
as a QB.

He was also 100% more difficult to play against than Carlo is in front of the net. Every time he touches the puck I expect a weak clear or an Icing call.

Maybe at some point, he gets it together.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
I like Carlo but he's not a core guy IMO. Good player, a top tier role player, but if we are looking at more that 4M per annum on the next deal I look around and try to upgrade via trade +. Not saying you do a stupid deal and give away for the sake of change, but I want a guy that plays with more pace. Good guy, and I'd love to be proven wrong.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I give Carlo a long leash because his stick is just that good, and I believe he'll put it all together eventually. He had just turned 24 when this season began - still a pup in terms of defensemen. This one is a slow burn.

Good post, totally agree

aguineapig

Second on the team in TOI and on the PK behind only Chuck McTruck. His size, stick, stride and skating takes away huge swaths of time and space to the opposing forwards. Not a ton of big open ice hits or blazing end to end rushes. He will have a rough moment or two in his own end it comes with the territory. But unlike with his own fanbase at times it does not go unnoticed on the opponents bench.

Reactions: Flannelman

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Best case scenario I'd still try and win a physical road game with Tinordi Sat and bring Brandon back Monday when we are at home.

Tinordi should maybe be in for Lauzen anyway if Lauzen didn't have serious long term upside.

Reactions: Kate08

stungun54

Apr 15, 2018
HFBoards since 2000
Hope Carlo is ok. He did not look it after that hit. Tough decision to make regarding the expansion draft is do we protect him if he is indeed out again with a concussion? What about Kase? Do we leave these 2 exposed and protect other players we may not have a few weeks ago? I guess time will tell but I hope he is ok and recovers but Kase seems to be toast.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Hope Carlo is ok. He did not look it after that hit. Tough decision to make regarding the expansion draft is do we protect him if he is indeed out again with a concussion? What about Kase? Do we leave these 2 exposed and protect other players we may not have a few weeks ago? I guess time will tell but I hope he is ok and recovers but Kase seems to be toast.

kase will not be protected

Carlo will 100% be protected

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Carlo has way too much value to leave unprotected, Kase will be exposed and not taken.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
felt sick watching Brando literally sitting on the ice looking totally lost

Reminded me of when Scott Stevens nailed Ron Francis and Francis had no idea where he was. That was early in Game 3, the series went 6 games. Francis didn't play again that series. And this was in 2001. I don't expect Carlo back in this series.

Reactions: Number8

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I gotta admit, I’m a little concerned for Carlo’s career as a hockey player. That hit tonight wasn’t egregious at all. An NHL defenseman is going to have dozens of those in a season and you just can’t screw around when it comes to multiple concussions.

I hope I’m wrong...

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Carlo has 0% offensive skill and is injury prone.

Kids a little over rated in my books.

Sure he is good defensively, but he is a Chara when scared, banks it off the glass instead of making a play.

Remember when people said he was worth more than Landeskog in a trade a few years back?

Man we're they 100000000% wrong.

Reactions: ylekot

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I gotta admit, I’m a little concerned for Carlo’s career as a hockey player. That hit tonight wasn’t egregious at all. An NHL defenseman is going to have dozens of those in a season and you just can’t screw around when it comes to multiple concussions.

I hope I’m wrong...

I hope you are wrong, too... But it's looking like he's got a very Kase-esque road ahead of him. Which really sucks.

This said, hypothetically... if he's not returning this season, wonder if the Bruins expose him and protect another defenseman... Seattle may not to take the risk.

Reactions: Number8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad