Player Discussion Brandon Carlo II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much

If found guilty, minimum 6 games

Would hope it is minimum 6 games.

As an aside, this is probably a way out in left field thought but always felt the most balanced way to handle these suspensions (and again, well aware that there are many variables) would be if Wilson gets 6, then those should all be served in the upcoming games against the Bruins in the current season. So we got four left against the Crapitals in the regular season, he sits all of them plus any potential playoff games. If there is no post season match up between these teams, then remainder of the suspension is then served at the beginning of next season, regardless of opponent.

If he gets the six games, the Flyers, Devils, Sabres and Fishsticks get the benefit - not the team losing the player.

Get well Brandon!

Reactions: KWbruin

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Would hope it is minimum 6 games.

As an aside, this is probably a way out in left field thought but always felt the most balanced way to handle these suspensions (and again, well aware that there are many variables) would be if Wilson gets 6, then those should all be served in the upcoming games against the Bruins in the current season. So we got four left against the Crapitals in the regular season, he sits all of them plus any potential playoff games. If there is no post season match up between these teams, then remainder of the suspension is then served at the beginning of next season, regardless of opponent.

If he gets the six games, the Flyers, Devils, Sabres and Fishsticks get the benefit - not the team losing the player.

Get well Brandon!

Did you read my tweet?

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much
Did you read my tweet?

Lol no, I am barely capable of posting on this site. Twitter is like quantum physics to me.

I have had this discussion for decades with my friends that the whole system is disproportionate to the team that loses the player.

I'd call it just great minds thinking alike but you're a lot smarter than me so probably more akin to the blind squirrel analogy from my side of the equation.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I doubt they would ever go for this, but I have long been a fan of a policy that if you injure a guy on a dirty play, you are suspended for as long as it takes that player to return from injury.

You could factor into the player's previous history. There's alot of counters I'm sure to this but my idea:

Player is suspended X amount of games + number of games injured player missed. Example:

Wilson is suspended 30 games for this hit. Carlo misses 20 games. Wilson doesn't return for 50 games.

Make it so these pukes get theirs. I think this would be a way to do that. Carlo never returns to hockey because of this? Bye bye, Tom Wilson. You reap what you sow.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Alot might not agree with this but I'd rather have lost Krug in the off-season than Carlo. Defense. Not sleighting Krug here from a player aspect just on what the team needs are currently.

Reactions: Kalus

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

If found guilty, minimum 6 games

Hope they make an example out of him. They never do, especially to Wilson, but that's such a disgusting f***ing hit. Had every opportunity to make a clean check and he drives his head into the glass. Absolutely no place for it.

Hoping we get some good news on Carlo soon.

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
Anyone else wondering what Big Z is thinking about the hit to his friend?

I'm thinking Z was or will be one of the first to reach out to Carlo via text.

After spending so much time with Brandon preparing him for the role of being a defenseman in the NHL, this had to bother Chara. But had to internalize his feelings in lieu of disappointing his current teammates. He had to be conflicted about it!.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida

Good, but also bad that he actually spent the night there. The thing with a hit like that, his brain started rattling from the force of Wilson's hit and then the contact with the glass accelerated it. That's really two hard hits to the head.

Just makes me concerned as sometimes those ones can be difficult to come back from. Sometimes the guy is never the same. We can just hope that's not the case here and he makes a full recovery.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Happy Wilson is getting a hearing and probable suspension but shouldn't something be done to the clown crew that reffed that game?

No penalty, but here's a 10 game suspension and the idiot brigade, who had the option of reply if they had called any penalty, gets to work the next Bruins-Caps game.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Good, but also bad that he actually spent the night there. The thing with a hit like that, his brain started rattling from the force of Wilson's hit and then the contact with the glass accelerated it. That's really two hard hits to the head.

Just makes me concerned as sometimes those ones can be difficult to come back from. Sometimes the guy is never the same. We can just hope that's not the case here and he makes a full recovery.
If they released him that early they gave him a aspirin and said rest few days and get back on skates and start hitting and blocking shots.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
On plays like the Wilson hit yesterday where another player is injured, the offending player should be suspended for the length of the injury + a number of games. So hypothetically, if you give Wilson 5 games, he would have to sit until Carlo returns to game action. Once Carlo plays a game, then the 5 game suspension count starts. This policy would go a long way towards removing headshots and other dirty plays from the game.

Reactions: Dr Hook

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
On plays like the Wilson hit yesterday where another player is injured, the offending player should be suspended for the length of the injury + a number of games. So hypothetically, if you give Wilson 5 games, he would have to sit until Carlo returns to game action. Once Carlo plays a game, then the 5 game suspension count starts. This policy would go a long way towards removing headshots and other dirty plays from the game.
NHLPA would love that haha, having to deal with accusations of players nursing injuries too long to keep the hitter off the ice.

In this case it may make sense because both players are valuable to their teams. But in a case where one player is a lot more valuable than the other it would get messy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad