Player Discussion Brandon Carlo II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
He can be (effectively) physical when he is told to focus on it. In the Dub he actually had a mean streak every now and then. Have not seen it since.

Reactions: DBL84

The Murph

Feb 25, 2018
Honestly, don't care if the plays his passive style in the regular season. He can get by without it.

But the playoffs are a different story. He looked more assertive physically in game 4 and it took his game up a notch, and that version is a beast of a defenseman.

Only hope he can keep it up, because he can make the defense that much better.

Reactions: missingchicklet

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Almost had the shift of his career late in the game last night, inches away from blowing up Wilson (who bailed on the play) then dumped Ovechkin seconds later as the Caps watched their season die.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
He was solid again tonight. I think the cobwebs have finally been shaken loose.

He's going to be a beast in round 2.

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
He was horrible last night. His inability to clear the puck on the PK lead to a PPG for Isles.

We’ve seen him play a lot better last round, hopefully it was a fluke.
Last night not his best, I'd like to see him clear the net a bit better.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
bruins have a decision to make....I would imagine we would be seeking a Pesce type deal (+inflation)....Seth Jones says he's going to UFA after next year, I would def inquire and make carlo part of the package

Bruins are pretty short on the right side. Mac is a stud and lifer...can Clifton be a 2nd pair? I don't think so. Providing his next deal isn't insane I would think the Bruins would give him 4-5 years.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
bruins have a decision to make....I would imagine we would be seeking a Pesce type deal (+inflation)....Seth Jones says he's going to UFA after next year, I would def inquire and make carlo part of the package

Bruins are pretty short on the right side. Mac is a stud and lifer...can Clifton be a 2nd pair? I don't think so. Providing his next deal isn't insane I would think the Bruins would give him 4-5 years.

I really like Carlo but switching to Seth Jones for the anchor spot on that 2nd pairing would be an upgrade. Or better yet, having all three would be amazing depth ( DeBrusk part of the package going to CBus ).

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

No way

Jones is going to cost 8 plus million per season

Carlo will be half of that max

Also Mac is this teams #1 RD for the next decade

Cant pay 8m+ a season for a 2nd pair RD

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

At this point, Clifton is probably going to be on the Seattle Kraken top pair next year.

Reactions: LouJersey

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
He was horrible last night. His inability to clear the puck on the PK lead to a PPG for Isles.

We’ve seen him play a lot better last round, hopefully it was a fluke.

He's a good kid and a good player but it did seem like he was pretty insecure and scrambly out there. Maybe the sold out crowd spooked him after a year of empty buildings, who knows. I think he'll be better moving forward.

Reactions: The National

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
he had a rough game.
his inability to clear the puck on the pk or when we are hemmed in will cost us again at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad