Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk (LW) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I wasn't aware about his back problems. Injuries can be a killer. I was thinking that a 28 year old Parayko would be perfect for this core. Big, mobile, and nasty vet presence for Chabot and Sanderson to blossom under. Sign him to a 4/5 year contract until 32/33 when he starts breaking down, but it might have already begun.

The thing is you could probably get a younger similar dman to Parayko if ur willing to give up a guy like tkachuk. But probably better to just try and pay a dman in free agency next year if ur willing to spend 7-8M and just keep Tkachuk.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Players like Brady are useless now for playoffs. You need a game breaker, actually at least two or three. Package this fringe player with Chabot, who can not defend even if his life depends on it and get Marner. If Toronto that stupid.

Somehow it gets worse. Very interesting

Reactions: guyzeur

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
Players like Brady are useless now for playoffs. You need a game breaker, actually at least two or three. Package this fringe player with Chabot, who can not defend even if his life depends on it and get Marner. If Toronto that stupid.
Did Tkachuk make sweet love to your significant other or something?

How can you watch him play and say hes a fringe player... it's just unreasonable.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If Stutzle remains a winger.. It is a good question .. How long before he is the #1 LW on this team.. If he has ability to put up 75 + points a year he will be. How much is he getting paid at that point. How much are you paying your 2nd line LW with all his intangibles .. On a contender your 1C and 2C are going to be worth $.
Going back to the 7 player model (not McGuire's)
1C
2C
1W
4F -- this is Tkachuk (probably) So an important part of your 7 player core
1D
2D
G

Not likely how the Sens see it now, but a bridge may be the best thing for both parties.. to see how things do shake out in 3 years.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
A extra $1 million...lol... but Players owe more money to the owners, seems pretty flat.

Owners are loving it. Players take the risks, owners get the profits.

I'm fine with a 2-year bridge for Brady. Gives everyone a bit of time to see where things are going. If things go well, we give him is big 8-year deal after that.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Brady getting a three year bridge will give him the opportunity to mark stone us and head straight to free agency by not participating in contract talks that are longer than 2 years

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Owners are loving it. Players take the risks, owners get the profits.

Why would the owners love it? HRR is split regardless of where the cap is set. Setting the cap higher just means the owners are paying more money to the players now only to need to recover it later. Basically a free loan to the players if the revenue doesn't meet projections.

The reason they would increase the salary cap is two fold; one, teams want to be able to have some wiggle room wrt to signing and re-signing players. and two, players who sign today don't want to get screwed by a temporarily low salary cap in the year they need to re-up.

Not seeing how this really benefits the owners as you're suggesting; what risk are they avoiding? What profit are they getting as a result of this?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Why would the owners love it? HRR is split regardless of where the cap is set. Setting the cap higher just means the owners are paying more money to the players now only to need to recover it later. Basically a free loan to the players if the revenue doesn't meet projections.

The reason they would increase the salary cap is two fold; one, teams want to be able to have some wiggle room wrt to signing and re-signing players. and two, players who sign today don't want to get screwed by a temporarily low salary cap in the year they need to re-up.

Not seeing how this really benefits the owners as you're suggesting; what risk are they avoiding? What profit are they getting as a result of this?

Cost certainty always benefits the owners. Same as Eugene laughing all the way to the bank while crying poor, and how they can charge over half a billion now as an expansion fee.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Give Brady 3 years 6.5 mil. We will be contenders by then and he won’t leave.

Stutzle by then will be signed 8 years 9 mil as winger scoring PPG or 10 mil if he’s C and pacing over PPG.

Brady signs 8 years 8.5 mil then or maybe even less or more if he deserves it.

Norris already locked in 7 years 6.75 mil

Batherson sign him longterm now 6 years 36 mil

Sanderson longterm or short term 7x7.

signing Brady to bridge deal is best bet.

Imaginr Norris explodes next year and we already giving Brady 8 mil. We gonna give Norris 9?

It’s what put Toronto in precarious situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: KnuckChuckinTkachuk

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I feel like as the "face of the franchise" Brady gets elevated to the level of Alfredsson, Karlsson, Stone, but what the f*** has he done to deserve that? absolutely nothing so far.
He isn't that level yet but you can see how he could get there if he is here for a while. It's pretty obvious. Hence why everyone is terrified of a 3 year deal.

Reactions: aragorn

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010

Stutzle by then will be signed 8 years 9 mil as winger scoring PPG or 10 mil if he’s C and pacing over PPG.

Imaginr Norris explodes next year and we already giving Brady 8 mil. We gonna give Norris 9?

If you want to lock everyone up long-term, you should probably start with Brady. It’ll help bring fans back and the guys on the team will be more likely to follow. It’s pretty clear how much his voice matters in the room and even with our prospects.

You can pay Brady 8x8 and I have no doubt he will earn every penny of that both on and off the ice. And the Sens know it too, but they made their own bed. Don’t blame him at all if he wants a bridge.

Reactions: Yak

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011

That's exactly the contracts I want for those players and I absolutely think a 6 year deal for Batherson is possible this offseason, it will cost less in the long run (imo he's really good and I feel is lost of the discussion sometimes).

Stutzle 8yrs x 9mil
Brady 8yrs x 7.85mil
Batherson 6yrs x 6mil
Norris 6yrs x 6.85mil

PS: This is the range of what I think these players will eventually command if they progress to their potential.

Last edited:

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Leaf fans and Toronto media loved Marner's performance in this years playoffs. I'm surprised you didn't throw in a 1st rounder as well!

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Stutzle is a star & elite player for sure! However, Tkachuk is a Captain who will lead your team into battle & type of player that thrives in the playoffs.

He is made to win Stanley Cups, if we don't win Cups with him we won't win with anyone! To me his value to the franchise is priceless! Please don't tell his uncle who is his agent I said this ;) He is the new Alfie of this franchise! Blank check time!

Time for this franchise to step up to the plate and pay their stars!

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
He isn't that level yet but you can see how he could get there if he is here for a while. It's pretty obvious. Hence why everyone is terrified of a 3 year deal.

I mean on ice play wise. There's such a large gap in talent between Alfredsson/Stone/Karlsson and Tkachuk. But people seem to equate their impacts (and hence their pay) just because Brady is the new face of the franchise.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I mean on ice play wise. There's such a large gap in talent between Alfredsson/Stone/Karlsson and Tkachuk. But people seem to equate their impacts (and hence their pay) just because Brady is the new face of the franchise.

You're right, Brady's impact should be bigger.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
If Stutzle remains a winger.. It is a good question .. How long before he is the #1 LW on this team.. If he has ability to put up 75 + points a year he will be. How much is he getting paid at that point. How much are you paying your 2nd line LW with all his intangibles .. On a contender your 1C and 2C are going to be worth $.
Going back to the 7 player model (not McGuire's)
1C
2C
1W
4F -- this is Tkachuk (probably) So an important part of your 7 player core
1D
2D
G

Not likely how the Sens see it now, but a bridge may be the best thing for both parties.. to see how things do shake out in 3 years.

There is also the possibility that Stutzle never passes Tkachuk either, gets injured or gets traded, anything can happen in sports.

Reactions: bert

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
If you want to lock everyone up long-term, you should probably start with Brady. It’ll help bring fans back and the guys on the team will be more likely to follow. It’s pretty clear how much his voice matters in the room and even with our prospects.

You can pay Brady 8x8 and I have no doubt he will earn every penny of that both on and off the ice. And the Sens know it too, but they made their own bed. Don’t blame him at all if he wants a bridge.

I'm confused. Brady says he wants bridge to see if we willing to spend. Yet others won't sign unless Brady is brought back longterm?

We all just gonna ignore Chabot?

Chabot is unquestionably our best player now and he is locked up for another 7 years. Don't know why Brady is the precedent when our best player is already locked up longterm.

Brady wants to see if management going to spend, but he also can secure the bag for himself for next 7 years and then go wherever his heart desires in the peak of his career. He should look no further than Nico Hischier who signed 7 years 51 mil and got the C. Perfect comparable. Brady is more physical while Nico plays more important position and better all-around. It's not that complicated.

If Brady is smart, he'll sign 7x51 like Nico and get the C. Will be 28, have made a legacy on one team already, and is ready for biggest contract in his life to either stay with a contender here, or go elsewhere.

Stutzle is a star & elite player for sure! However, Tkachuk is a Captain who will lead your team into battle & type of player that thrives in the playoffs.

He is made to win Stanley Cups, if we don't win Cups with him we won't win with anyone! To me his value to the franchise is priceless! Please don't tell his uncle who is his agent I said this ;) He is the new Alfie of this franchise! Blank check time!

Time for this franchise to step up to the plate and pay their stars!

Love Brady, but Stutzle is and will be the difference maker. Heck, Brady has a ways to go to bypass Chabot as our most important player. Those 3 will be a deadly trifecta and can see none more important than the other in their own way. Think Kucherov vs Point vs Hedman.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Well all 3 of those players are pretty different. Outside of Karlsson non of them had this big of an impact at this age. Tkachuks ceiling is very very high. Alot of posters don't see it but big players take longer to develop. Like Stone and Alfie, Tkachuk won't hit his prime until his late 20's. He is a very unique player, you obviously don't agree with this assessment but he is still growing into his body. When he completely fills out and his skating continues to get better he is going to be an absolute force. That's why if they bridge him I think he will be a goner. I'd do a one year deal or 6 plus years. 3 is a nightmare scenario in my opinion. Worst case situation.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Cost certainty always benefits the owners. Same as Eugene laughing all the way to the bank while crying poor, and how they can charge over half a billion now as an expansion fee.
They already had cost certainty, HRR is split 50/50, regardless of where they set the cap. Freezing vs Increasing the cap only serves to change when they receive their share, this really doesn't impact their cost certainty.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
literally every none Sens fans was like no from the Blues POV on the trade board lol

that backfired
Looks like a bunch of Blues fans saying no from blues perspective, a bunch of sens fans saying no from sens perspective, and very few fans of other teams bothering to chime in. There's like, maybe three posters that aren't a fan of either team in that thread.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Looks like a bunch of Blues fans saying no from blues perspective, a bunch of sens fans saying no from sens perspective, and very few fans of other teams bothering to chime in. There's like, maybe three posters that aren't a fan of either team in that thread.

so every none Sens fan said no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad