Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk (LW) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Wonder what we could get for him on the trade market.

More at the end of a 2 year bridge with one year remaining like EK.

From there it’s a sign and trade and the team getting him gets 24 + 8 years.

Last edited:

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
You're absolutely correct. If this was the Ottawa Senators of three years ago, I think that's a very valid point to be made. But there is nothing to suggest that Brady is unhappy with the state of the team right now and all signs point to him being very involved and pleased with the team around him (with the expectation of growth from young players and turning this team into a contender in the next few years).

I have a hard time believing that Brady would see non-financial reasons to not want to stick it out long-term. This is all speculation, obviously, but we know what kind of owner we're dealing with here. The team does not really get the luxury of getting the benefit of the doubt these days when it comes to contract negotiations.

I do not believe there's much that needs to be done externally to turn this team into a competitor in the next few years. It's going to come down to developing the pieces that we do have and then retaining those pieces. Signing Brady long-term right now proves to everyone else that the latter can be done here. A bridge deal just adds more fuel to the fire that Ottawa can't keep their talent long-term and will only lead to an even more difficult negotiation 3-4 years from now with the same tight-ass ownership.

How much is the deal for 8 years in your mind.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Wonder what we could get for him on the trade market.

If people outside the organization rate him like Sens fans do here.

Parayko + Thomas/Kyrou? That would be incredible

Give Parayko 7m

Chabot - Parayko
Sadnerson - Bransstrom/Zub

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
That is awful. Good lord. Please stop posting about Tkachuk.

Sign Parayko at 6.5 mill

Chabot - Parayko
Sanderson - Bran/Zub

would be one of the best d core assembled. What's so awful about that?

Not to mention you get one of Kyrou or Thomas who are both young and have put up similar numbers as Brady in the NHL.

This deal is probably too good to ever be true, idk how you can say its awful.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Sign Parayko at 6.5 mill

Chabot - Parayko
Sanderson - Bran/Zub

Not to mention you get one of Kyrou or Thomas who are both young and have put similar numbers as Brady in the NHL.

It’s terrible. You’re not a real fan of this team if you think that would be good for us. Give up the face of the franchise at 21 for complimentary players

Reactions: TheDebater

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Sign Parayko at 6.5 mill

Chabot - Parayko
Sanderson - Bran/Zub

Not to mention you get one of Kyrou or Thomas who are both young and have put up similar numbers as Brady in the NHL.

Pass thanks

Reactions: Dionysus

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
If people outside the organization rate him like Sens fans do here.

Parayko + Thomas/Kyrou? That would be incredible

Give Parayko 7m
upload_2021-8-5_19-12-30.jpeg

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
It’s terrible. You’re not a real fan of this team if you think that would be good for us. Give up the face of the franchise at 21 for complimentary players

Hmm … the face of the franchise is a wealthy US kid eligible to go where ever he wants in 4 years …

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

If those guys are complimentary player what does that say about Brady?

And idk how I can't be a fan of the team if i propose something to make the team better? That trade gives us a blueline that is Tampa caliber. You can also very easily argue that both Kyrou and Thomas are better two-way players than Brady and could become top line players in their own right.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
If those guys are complimentary player what does that say about Brady?

And idk how I can't be a fan of the team if i propose something to make the team better? That trade gives us a blueline that is Tampa caliber. You can also very easily argue that both Kyrou and Thomas are better two-way players than Brady and could become top line players in their own right.
Go post that trade as its own thread and see how much you will get mocked. The poll would be laughably one sided. This doesn’t help our team in any sense.

you are extremely out of touch with tkachuks value and what he brings to this team on and off the ice

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I feel like as the "face of the franchise" Brady gets elevated to the level of Alfredsson, Karlsson, Stone, but what the f*** has he done to deserve that? absolutely nothing so far.

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Brady's camp won't let him do a $7x7 or $7x8, but is a good place to start! We have flat cap for 3-4 more years so he probably would do a 3 year deal.

If I am Sens I am pushing on a long-term deal of 7-8 years only, even if it is overpayment. The value of him signing a 8 year deal with us is worth more then the couple extra million it will cost us each year.

Showing Brady, Team, Fans and the NHL how serious we are and how highly regarded Brady is to us I would do 8 x $8.5- $9.3 sign and never look back and give him the C with the check!

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Brady's camp won't let him do a $7x7 or $7x8, but is a good place to start! We have flat cap for 3-4 more years so he probably would do a 3 year deal.

If I am Sens I am pushing on a long-term deal of 7-8 years only, even if it is overpayment. The value of him signing a 8 year deal with us is worth more then the couple extra million it will cost us each year.

Showing Brady, Team, Fans and the NHL how serious we are and how highly regarded Brady is to us I would do 8 x $8.5- $9.3 sign and never look back and give him the C with the check!

It is no longer flat cap long term. 2022-2023 is supposedly going to be 82.5M

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Players like Brady are useless now for playoffs. You need a game breaker, actually at least two or three. Package this fringe player with Chabot, who can not defend even if his life depends on it and get Marner. If Toronto that stupid.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I feel like as the "face of the franchise" Brady gets elevated to the level of Alfredsson, Karlsson, Stone, but what the f*** has he done to deserve that? absolutely nothing so far.

Regardless of what u think about the talent difference between Parayko or Tkachuk, or dealing a 21 year old for a 28 year old, something that would definitely make this a no for me (from an ottawa pov) is that Parayko had a back injury that made him sit out half the year, and then play pretty bad once he returned from the injury. And the chance he may be having back surgery eventually to fix the back injury (Stl talked about doing it this off season, but given it hasn't happened yet...I guess they decided against it)

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
A extra $1 million...lol... but Players owe more money to the owners, seems pretty flat.

Well an extra million next year, and then maybe 1 or 2 after that.

Just cuz players owe money doesn't mean the cap cannot increase.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Regardless of what u think about the talent difference between Parayko or Tkachuk, or dealing a 21 year old for a 28 year old, something that would definitely make this a no for me (from an ottawa pov) is that Parayko had a back injury that made him sit out half the year, and then play pretty bad once he returned from the injury. And the chance he may be having back surgery eventually to fix the back injury (Stl talked about doing it this off season, but given it hasn't happened yet...I guess they decided against it)

I wasn't aware about his back problems. Injuries can be a killer. I was thinking that a 28 year old Parayko would be perfect for this core. Big, mobile, and nasty vet presence for Chabot and Sanderson to blossom under. Sign him to a 4/5 year contract until 32/33 when he starts breaking down, but big ouch if it has already begun.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
It’s a no regardless. His value isn’t near tkachuks

Reactions: Dionysus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad