Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk (LW) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Since we don't have any updates, this is as close to a rumor or an update were gonna get.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
This is exactly why Stone left, Stone took Brady in when he joined the team (pretty sure the Brady bunch are still in Stone's home), it makes sense that Brady would want the same guarantee.

I would hope projecting to be over 70+mil in the next three years with just signing all our RFAs should be enough. If Norris, Stü, Pinto, Sanderson, Batherson, Tkachuk, all require 5 mil+ then we'll be close to the cap by 23-24 even with just modest UFA signings.

Reactions: KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Remember when Keitech Tkachuk was on Ottawa radio asking Melnyck to give Mark Stone a contract so the team could start building something with Stone and Brady. Here we are 3 years later and it’s still the same story.

These guys know the game and industry better then Melnyck does. Keith Tkachuk played in Winnipeg, he’s seen the small market playbook and stars leaving.

it’s not personal it’s business. If you’re serious about winning - prove it. Words are cheap

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Hopefully this pushes Melnyk to spend. Or am I too optimistic?

You know hes already got Bruce on speed dial to try and spin this on Tkachuk if it doesn't go right. I can already see it.

"Tkachuk leadership questioned as he doesn't accept a long term contract"

"Tkachuk asking for the moon from a budget team that had no fans"

"Chabot a better captain option because he committed to the team and city"

"Tkachuk wants to play in hometown StLouis instead"

Reactions: The Big Ruszkowski

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
This is exactly why Stone left.

Stone left because he chose to leave … beyond that there is no evidence of his rational beyond some public lip service.

It’s not hard to see how he made a good choice given his age and the time a full tear down/rebuild would take… not to mention the difference between being a multimillionaire in Vegas vs Westboro.

Vegas is a blast of a city to play hockey in. It’s a great hockey city with most of the best the world offers in weather, housing, food, shopping etc. The building is jammed and the owner has money to spend.

I assume Stone would tell Brady it was the best hockey decision of his life.

Last edited:
Reactions: KnuckChuckinTkachuk

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I will see a bridge deal as a loss at this point. The existence of a bridge deal will be simply just pushing back the inevitable. If you can't commit long-term to Brady now, what the **** are we doin' here?

Pay the man - we don't need another star walking away in their prime after a bridge deal.
By all accounts they want to sign Tkachuk long term. He doesn’t have to sign long term himself.

I don’t think it matters either way. At the end of the day he’s going to be here a long time.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
If Brady gets moved due to money concerns, I will seriously have my doubts about cheering for this team until Melnyk sells. Because if they can’t re-sign him long term, then what’s point?
The team want but it s Brady seem to want a bridge deal

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
I will see a bridge deal as a loss at this point. The existence of a bridge deal will be simply just pushing back the inevitable. If you can't commit long-term to Brady now, what the **** are we doin' here?

Pay the man - we don't need another star walking away in their prime after a bridge deal.
Bridge deal could be good though, keeps ownership in check and ensures the team will spend near the cap when it comes time for a new contract. If ownership proves their commitment, maybe Tkachuk will sign for less to win long term here.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Well we get him for at least another 4 years before he's a UFA I guess...

At the very minimum. 4 years is a long time and a lot can happen in four years with this core. Byt they are not going to spend excessively and chances are , unless they win and the team has fans, they will all leave. Every single one of them unless they absolutely love it here. I am under no illusions of what management wants to do . They are going to maximize their power under the CBA. The Chabot style contract, I am not holding my breath for a bunch of those, unless they start to move more midrange guys like Dadonov and Tierney

Reactions: Cosmix
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad