Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk (LW) I'm a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
He would be a bigger fan of Tkachuk if his last name was "Tkachukov".

Why a random Russian/Eastern Euro would choose the Senators only to be relentlessly negative about every single player and every single move is just wild to me. Surely there must be another team that's a better fit to cheer for , it must be exhausting. Just wondering out loud, can't help noticing something like that when it happens over and over.

Reactions: Dionysus

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
It doesn't matter what anyone says. No one will speak anything into existence. No one knows the future, anything can happen.
Obviously. I don't care either way-- I'm honestly just wondering after observing a pattern of behaviour.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Ok and, did you miss the part where he said that he can't even cut it on the 2nd line? You and I both know that the majority of people have higher hopes for Brady than a 3rd line grinder.

Plus you know he produced like a solid 2nd liner in the NHL as a pure rookie. And the next year. Other than that all signs point to him being nothing more than a 3rd or 4th line grinder. No doubt about it.

Ryd.gif

Last edited:

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
Plus you know he produced like a solid rookie in the NHL as a pure rookie. And the next year. Other than that all signs point to him being nothing more than a 3rd or 4th line grinder. No doubt about it.
0.63 ppg in your rookie season on one of the league's worst teams definitely screams 'career 3rd liner'

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Obviously. I don't care either way-- I'm honestly just wondering after observing a pattern of behaviour.

It's just his offensive skillset is limited and it bothers some people. Just like Spezza had all the offensive skillset but lack of toughness and other other things bothered some people.

For me if I am building my team around a certain player and staple him as the center piece of the whole rebuild. That player will never be Tkachuk or Spezza.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Why a random Russian/Eastern Euro would choose the Senators only to be relentlessly negative about every single player and every single move is just wild to me. Surely there must be another team that's a better fit to cheer for , it must be exhausting. Just wondering out loud, can't help noticing something like that when it happens over and over.

I think it is a reportable post. This place should be free of hate speech and labeling people with your unfound imagination. Please abstain from this in the future. It is a disgusting conduct for a human being.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
So you're saying that Brady Tkachuk is a 3rd liner, and your argumentation to support that claim is that no one knows the future.

This level of analysis is unprecedented.

whiteface_grande.png

If you paid better attention, I was actually saying why get bothered by someone saying brady is a 3rd liner, it's just their opinion and they are not going to speak it into existence. But, again anything can happen. I am pretty sure if someone said Diagle or Yukopov will be out of NHL in less than 3 years at the time they were drafted would sound ridiculous.

But I guess you were too busy taking a selfie

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
I think it is a reportable post. This place should be free of hate speech and labeling people with your unfound imagination. Please abstain from this in the future. It is a disgusting conduct for a human being.

You use the Russian smiley face which is just an open parenthesis. I've seen you do it multiple times ))) :) Dead giveaway-- I know i'm not wrong. I am just noting how peculiar it is. Not saying you're not allowed to cheer for this team because of where you're from, just...why, if you're so unhappy all the time. I'm from Ottawa and cheer for an NFL team that I have no regional connection to and if they made me even half as unhappy as the Senators organization makes you then I'd just... stop, y'know. Figured I'd ask you why.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Do like most of us and start seeing it as a joke account. Personally, I try to tell myself that the person must be kidding when I read flabbergasting stuff. I mean, everyone is entitled to their opinion but at some point, it becomes obvious when it's hatred/bias making someone speak totally out of logic and reason.

I have been telling that to myself a lot in 2020, in regards to trumpidiots and covidiots mainly. I actually have a hard time staying convinced, it's a struggle.

Last edited:

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Nice short video, showing what Brady does well and why he is going to be a star in this league.

Reactions: RAFI BOMB

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Do you like anything about this team? Why are you even a fan?

We need to bring back the complaints/ negative talk thread again. Then all the grumpy hate every move or decision this team makes can all get together for a group session and whine about it.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012

Nice short video, showing what Brady does well and why he is going to be a star in this league.

Ferraro also mentioned something about this in the game today, that Brady never just stands in front of the net, he's always moving in front, creating chaos and opening up space. It's true though, his game in front of the net is fantastic, if Norris and Batherson continue to play like how they did tonight against the Leafs, expect a huge season from Brady.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
"Picked third in October's NHL draft, Stutzle is the most-hyped prospect in the nation's capital since Ottawa drafted Jason Spezza — now in the twilight of his career with the Leafs — second overall back in 2001. Nicknamed "Jimmy" by roommates Tkachuk and Norris, the German forward finished with just over 12 minutes of ice time and one shot."

"Jimmy played well," Tkachuk said.

"He looked really good. Great speed. You can just clearly tell he's going to be a stud — not only on our team, but throughout the whole league. "He's an unbelievable player."

Brady Tkachuk, Ottawa Senators down Toronto Maple Leafs in first game in 10 months - TSN.ca

-What a nut. Calls him Jimmy in the post-game press conference.

Last edited:

Alfie11

Feb 23, 2018
In addition to a deceptively high skill level and a strong physical game, Brady is an intangibles guy.

You just know his energy and positivity bring so much to a team. Since he can back it up on the ice, Tkachuk can be that driving force in the dressing room.

At the end of the day, it's his team. He's the captain even if they put the C on another player.

First player since Alfie that has me considering getting a sweater with his name and number.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
My main concern about Brady is how he plays like a cannon ball which is a double edged sword. The dude is going to make opponents hesitate on the puck because they'll be scared of getting hit...but Brady is gonna end up injuring himself the way he falls over after hits sometimes. He looks goofy as hell after knocking these players down and dominating them, just don't hurt yourself Brady!

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'm seemingly in the minority, but Tkachuk is my choice for captain next year.

I'll admit I was firmly in Chabot's camp but I'm starting to change my tune.

I was starting to get committed to Tkachuk and then I saw him jawing away hilariously at the other team's bench and I wonder if the Captaincy would dilute him too much.

Last edited:
Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: