Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk (LW) I'm a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
We gotta get a Frank The Tank chant at the 7 minute mark of each period like we did with Alfie

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
No. He’s not on the level of Aho, Rantanen and Draisaitl.

The Draisaitl deal was signed in 2017. Aho deal is 5 years. Rantanen 6 years. That's a pretty big difference to a 8 year deal. We are talking about buying 2-3 more years of UFA . Not that I see the Tkachuk camp going the 8 year route but those contracts are not comparable.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
No. He’s not on the level of Aho, Rantanen and Draisaitl.

Hype is going to make this contact so hard to be fair on the sens.
Everyone keeps posting 70-80 point players as his comparable contract type. This might end ugly for Dorion because he does need to keep it rational.
Realistically Norris and Batherson could out produce him going forward then they will want the same type of money

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
The Draisaitl deal was signed in 2017. Aho deal is 5 years. Rantanen 6 years. That's a pretty big difference to a 8 year deal. We are talking about buying 2-3 more years of UFA . Not that I see the Tkachuk camp going the 8 year route but those contracts are not comparable.
So if the Sens and Tkachuk decide to go long term at 8 years would you be ok with $8M per?

I think Tkachuk takes a three year bridge.
Hype is going to make this contact so hard to be fair on the sens.
Everyone keeps posting 70-80 point players as his comparable contract type. This might end ugly for Dorion because he does need to keep it rational.
Realistically Norris and Batherson could out produce him going forward then they will want the same type of money
I can agree with this, Batherson is going to want a pretty raise since he’s one of the leading scorers on the team. Norris has two more season until he’s due for a raise, money is going to be tight.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
So if the Sens and Tkachuk decide to go long term at 8 years would you be ok with $8M per?

I can agree with this, Batherson is going to want a pretty raise since he’s one of the leading scorers on the team. Norris has two more season until he’s due for a raise, money is going to be tight.
Yes 8x8 would be totally fine

Batherson isn’t a better player even if he outscores him

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
so if the Sens and Tkachuk decide to go long term at 8 years would you be ok with $8M per?

I would be perfer with it. You would be buying 4 years of UFA status, ages 26-29, it's gonna cost at least a million in AAV. It's better than the alternatives to me. Say he signs a three year deal which I agree it's probably what he signs. You are probably looking at a 6-7 million AAV with that third year salary being 8 or more. So going into his last year of RFA he would be eligible for arbitration with a QO of 8 or more.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

Norris has one more season, after next year he is looking at a raise. With his speed and skills I can see him being the leading scorer next year. Once he starts shooting more those goals will pile up

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
Imagine a 30-35 goal scorer and 60-70 points with 300 plus hits. Is there anyone else in the league that could do that?
Dustin Brown in his prime. 07/08 he had 33 goals, 311 hits. 10/11 he had 28 goals, 300 hits. A year later he captained his team to a Cup.

I'd be happy signing Tkachuk to 8 years, also happy to go bridge. I'll be extremely disappointed if he doesn't have a C on his chest opening night next year though.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I'd be pretty disappointed if Brady only signs for 5 years with a high cap hit like Matthews. It would give us an idea as to what we should expect from Dorion. A straight out bridge or long term deal is a reasonable expectations but only buying 1 year of ufa while paying premium would suck. Get an 8 year deal at $7.5 and be done with

Reactions: SENStastic

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
He possibly goes the Matthews route and signs for 5. His UFA year is 2025 so a 5 year deal would buy 1 UFA year. Brady's age coincides with the 22 in 2122.
2425 --UFA 2025

7.5 AAV who says no?

Brady Tkachuk Contract, Brady Tkachuk Cap Hit, Salary and Stats | Puckpedia

I know everyone adores Brady and all (and he is really fun to watch) but a 7.5 avv for him is just asking for trouble. He's not the only kid we have to sign for the next few years, and we're never going to be a cap team.

We're going to end up maxing out our budget for a bubble team in three years.

Reactions: majormajor

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Brady has been great lately but I personally need to see a lot more consistency from a young player before committing to anything north of $7m. Sometimes they end up becoming the best version of themselves that you see glimpses of in these up and down years, and sometimes they don't.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Brady doesn't deserve a dime over 8 mil.

If Dorion is a good GM he'll sign him for somewhere in between 7-8 on an 8 year deal. Love Brady but he's a complementary player. Not a guy who carries the top line on a cup winning team or even 2nd guy.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I feel like at 8 mill you're already paying for his top end upside. Sort of like that White contract. So why?

Pay them when they actually earn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca