Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk (LW) I'm a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Get used to it, that nickname is gonna stick.

I'm seemingly in the minority, but Tkachuk is my choice for captain next year.

I love Brady, but I think captaincy might pull him back from being his true full self. Sometimes he makes risky plays and if he was to get suspended in playoffs or something on a borderline play, could be deflating/controversial. I want him to play his game full gear all the time. Chabot as C him as A.

Reactions: Senator23

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Brady going to drag everyone into the fight.

AncientDaringGull-small.gif

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
I'm starting to change my tune.

I was committed to it and then I saw him jawing away hilariously at the other team's bench and I wonder if the Captaincy would dilute him too much.

I love Brady, but I think captaincy might pull him back from being his true full self. Sometimes he makes risky plays and if he was to get suspended in playoffs or something on a borderline play, could be deflating/controversial. I want him to play his game full gear all the time. Chabot as C him as A.

Definitely both fair opinions, but he would still be my choice.

I love Chabot and I do think he has leadership qualities but he doesn't scream captain to me. Not yet anyways.

Reactions: NyQuil

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
looked like brady had an icepack on his shoulder during the post game. hopefully that shoulder doesn't become a problem

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I personally couldn't stand Messier, his situation in Vancouver just screamed insecure little man. I hope Brady has more maturity than messier did

I was a Rangers fan in the 80s and early 90s so I will always have a soft spot for Messier.

I love Tkachuk but I don’t think mature is the word I think of when describing him.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Points and the win aside I didn’t think Brady had a “great” game. Like most he gained confidence as the game went on.

Anyone know how many hits/shots he was credit for ?

Edit : 5 hits, 5 shots - his line had 11 hits. Pretty impressive - Bath with 4 and Norris with 2.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012

This seems to be the #1 reason cited for Brady not getting the C and I don't understand it.

When has a player received the C and changed their style of play? Its just a letter to speak to refs...he is so obviously the team leader already he has to be the C eventually.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
This seems to be the #1 reason cited for Brady not getting the C and I don't understand it.

When has a player received the C and changed their style of play? Its just a letter to speak to refs...he is so obviously the team leader already he has to be the C eventually.

You may be right.

He certainly seems like the most natural candidate.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Yeah nothing against Brady at all. One of my favourite players of recent memory but I don’t think he’d be the best choice for captain.
I like the path he’s on. Let him do that and we have something very special. Depends on what he wants if course. If it’s important to him and he wants that C then sure.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Brady is on the recent Spittin Chickets podcast FYI, Starts 1 hour in.

Last edited:

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

It doesn’t worry me at all with Brady either. He was raised at the rink, his values and views on leadership and how to play hockey were deeply ingrained by his family, notably his dad who was a 21 year old NHL captain himself.

In every interview he’s done as far back as I can find them he has the same message, lead by example with your effort and be a good teammate, everything else will fall into place. This is who he is, it’s not going to change because he gets the C.

Reactions: OD99

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Damn. Man straight up said the contract is not a focus right now.

peace

Maybe he meant it as "its not a concern/nothing to worry about"? Unless context HEAVILY implied your interpretation.

I think EVERY player has said this going into a contract season as well.

I'm not worried personally.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Damn. Man straight up said the contract is not a focus right now.

peace
Why would it be, he's coming off an ELC, has another 6 months until they will begin talking. He's not going to be looking at forming a contract when his best season for getting said contract hasn't been played yet.

Chabot was able to talk contact because he was coming off a 55 point in 70 game season, his agents and he were smart enough to know that those numbers were not likely to be met the next season, the same way Tkachuk's agent and he know that a 21 goal, 44 point prorated season is likely to be eclipsed in his 3rd year.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The real hysteria around Brady's contract will come if he signs a 3 year bridge deal like his brother.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
The real hysteria around Brady's contract will come if he signs a 3 year bridge deal like his brother.
That's likely to happen, he and his family are in the inner circle of the league, as players,and agents. They know they are likely to get more money this way, and that is likely the route they will most likely want to move forward. I'm sure Keith is a big proponent of them getting the best deals they can for themselves, as they should be. We've already seen it with Matthew after a 34 goal, ppg season.

Unless Brady has a similar season as his brother did at the end of his ELC, I'd expect something around a 3 year, 18 million dollar deal, then a big 7/8 year mega deal with 3/4 years of his prime at the beginning.

They know he's likely to have much, much better numbers at 22-25 than he did at 19-21, he'll want to cash in big as a 25 year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad